Older coordinators vs younger generation?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It's been reported that we have interest in several older DC, and that's fine. My issue is, can these guys relate to get younger generation that this team has assembled. Are the younger players able to handle the old school ways of an older coach/coordinator?

I think the reason there's been success at times around the league with the younger coaches is because these players feel like they can relate, and it makes them want to play for that coach.

I know they have a job to do no doubt, but the league is trending. Please give your thoughts.. m

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry cares if the players relate to their DC or not. I think he's lining up veteran head coaches to replace his fall guy.

Why he didn't just fire McCarthy, and put the team into this toxic situation instead, is beyond me.

75boyz

Reaction score
It all depends on bottom line production, especially in the playoffs for me.
Whether coach or player. How has he produced under the brightest lights?

On offense, It's why I shake my head at keeping the McCarthy, Schottenheimer and Solari trio.
Between the 3 of them, not one of them can seemingly come up with an effective scheme to run the football effectively in the regular season or playoffs.

I have no confidence in this braintrust all of a sudden figuring out how to run the ball this year.

Absolutely pathetic

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think the correlation between age and winning in the NFL is zero. Kellen Moore is young and trendy but hasn’t won squat in the NFL. On the other hand McVay won a Super Bowl in his 30s. Flip the script look at the old guys. Some it seems the game has passed them by and other it hasn’t. Andy Reid is going to the Super Bowl….again….in his mid 60s.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Pettine was the next great thing and he's done zilch. He went from Bears HC to an assistant somewhere.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's been reported that we have interest in several older DC, and that's fine. My issue is, can these guys relate to get younger generation that this team has assembled. Are the younger players able to handle the old school ways of an older coach/coordinator?

I think the reason there's been success at times around the league with the younger coaches is because these players feel like they can relate, and it makes them want to play for that coach.

I know they have a job to do no doubt, but the league is trending. Please give your thoughts.. m
A lot of our players praised Quinn when things were going well and he's 53. I think as long as what they are teaching works, the players don't care about their age. Same when it doesn't.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think the correlation between age and winning in the NFL is zero. Kellen Moore is young and trendy but hasn’t won squat in the NFL. On the other hand McVay won a Super Bowl in his 30s. Flip the script look at the old guys. Some it seems the game has passed them by and other it hasn’t. Andy Reid is going to the Super Bowl….again….in his mid 60s.
Speaking of Moore I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Stephen is scared of youth now because Moore sucked. Similar to the Carr deal in FA…..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry cares if the players relate to their DC or not. I think he's lining up veteran head coaches to replace his fall guy.

Why he didn't just fire McCarthy, and put the team into this toxic situation instead, is beyond me.
agreed

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It all depends on bottom line production, especially in the playoffs for me.
Whether coach or player. How has he produced under the brightest lights?

On offense, It's why I shake my head at keeping the McCarthy, Schottenheimer and Solari trio.
Between the 3 of them, not one of them can seemingly come up with an effective scheme to run the football effectively in the regular season or playoffs.

I have no confidence in this braintrust all of a sudden figuring out how to run the ball this year.

Absolutely pathetic
They can RUN it to us this summer that we will run the ball more, soon as something happens, dak is throwing it 90 times a game, or if we're not getting more than 3 yards a carry on runs

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
not more so about winning, but how they relate to each other vs the older generation of coaches and these younger generation of men

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
A lot of our players praised Quinn when things were going well and he's 53. I think as long as what they are teaching works, the players don't care about their age. Same when it doesn't.
Early 50's are better than almost 70 lol, I hear ya though bud

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would also suggest that the team doctor can prescribe anti-depressants for the youngsters that start having anxiety and panic attacks after getting meaned mouth from the scary octogenarian
then we better not get vrable lol

Big_D

Reaction score
People think young automatically equates to innovative. Sounds great in theory but it’s not always the case or else guys like Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore would still be here. Young coach vs the retread coach is an empty argument because they can both be good and both can certainly suck which boils down to right team, right fit. Something to be said for a legit resume and experience and right now with all the candidates Marquand Manuel seems to check every box if they are in fact looking to get younger.