Ole Miss QB Snead declares

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
HUGE mistake. He was highly regarded but had a very disappointing season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4805195

Snead to enter NFL draft
ESPN.com news services

Mississippi quarterback Jevan Snead will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

"After much prayer and deliberation, I have decided to forgo my final year at Ole Miss and enter the NFL draft," Snead said, thanking the school's coaches, fans and his teammates. "In the end, I had to do what is best for me and my family. Having finished my degree, I look forward to the challenge and hard work that comes with pursuing my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL."

Snead threw for 2,632 yards and 20 touchdowns as a junior for the Rebels, who beat Oklahoma State in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

With Snead at quarterback, the Rebels won nine games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1961-62, and collected consecutive January bowl wins for the first time since 1960-61.

Coach Houston Nutt said he tried to convince Snead into staying for one more year, to no avail.

"I'm sure the fact that he has already finished his degree played a role in his decision, and I do respect his decision," Nutt said. "He is a young man of great character and Jevan will always be a member of the Ole Miss family."

Snead passed for 5,394 yards at Ole Miss, the second-best two-year total and fifth on the school's career list. He set records for yards per pass attempt (8.0) and completions (14.4), established a new mark with multiple touchdown passes in eight straight games and is second to Eli Manning on the career touchdown passes list with 46.

Freshmen Nathan Stanley and Raymond Cotton are expected to battle for the Rebels' vacant quarterback spot when spring practice begins.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Big mistake, hes like the 7th QB. He could easily bounce back and be top 10 next year.....

Or is that the rookie scale year?

joseephuss

Reaction score
He probably realizes that he can't learn any more under Houston Nutt.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me! :lmao2:

I went to the Cotton Bowl and I don't think I've ever seen a worse QB in person.

Wow, I hope the Redsk*ns draft him.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
He was really good last year. This yr he didnt throw the football anywhere near as well. Not sure the reason, thought it could have been because he was playing with an injury or perhaps simply because two of his best players from last year were gone (Oher, Wallace)

He definitely has the talent though. He'll get far betetr coahcing in the NFL than he was getting there as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think he had an absolutely awful supporting cast.

I watched him 4 times this year and every game I saw him play his receivers just could not get any seperation.

There is to much defense in that conference to have such a crappy offense.

If he does good in interviews and impresses at his pro day then he made the right decision.

Especially when you consider we may not have a draft in 2011.