Could we...yes.
Would we...

very_doubtful.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's Neiman Marcus and the Cowboys only shop at Kmart or Walmart if you don't have a Kmart in your town.

I know what we normally try to do, but you don't normally find young guys of his caliber at positions of need, though. He's as good as some of the young players already on the roster that we're saving future cap dollars for. You have to at least kick the tires on a guy like this.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If (and it's a BIG if) we were going to spend money on a Free Agent this year, I'd spend it on him.

Id we could afford $13m for Hardy, then I'm sure we could do the same for Oliver.

Hardy ended up 8.8m for 1 year
Vernon will be 13m+ for 5-6 years

JAX has much money and they have to spend it

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Hardy ended up 8.8m for 1 year
Vernon will be 13m+ for 5-6 years

JAX has much money and they have to spend it

Yes but we budgeted $13m for Hardy.

Indeed I'm sure JAX and several others could easily outbid us.

But as I said if Dallas wants an impact free agent.

LittleD

Reaction score
I know what we normally try to do, but you don't normally find young guys of his caliber at positions of need, though. He's as good as some of the young players already on the roster that we're saving future cap dollars for. You have to at least kick the tires on a guy like this.

Man, he'd want you to pay him a couple of million dollars just to "kick his tires". Gotta Pass and mosey back to the
bargain basement.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if you were one player away you might but when you are several player away you don't. some team will get a really good young player.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I thought we were restructuring Tyron Smith and another player contracts before the 9th. What happened to that?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I know what we normally do, but you don't normally find young guys of his caliber at positions of need, though. He's as good as some of the young players already on the roster that we're saving future cap dollars for. You have to at least kick the tires on a guy like this.

I thought he might be a product of Suh and Wake but Vernon has been solid for 4 years since getting drafted in the 3rd from the U.

He had 11.5 sacks his 2nd season and first year starting in 2013.

He looks legit.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK just a thought "I WANT HIM"

Me, too. I know it's a pipedream, but this is the kind of exception Steven Jones was talking about before FA started. We at least have to consider it, especially since there's really nobody of his skill/ability there for us at the top of the draft this year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he might be a product of Suh and Wake but Vernon has been solid for 4 years since getting drafted in the 3rd from the U.

He had 11.5 sacks his 2nd season and first year starting in 2013.

He looks legit.

Mostly, I just remember being blown away when we played MIA. But, yeah, he's the real deal. He must just want stupid-money for MIA to bring in a declining vet and lift the tag.

garyv

Reaction score
Yes Jerry right now is sipping on a brew and considering it !!!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I thought we were restructuring Tyron Smith and another player contracts before the 9th. What happened to that?

It should happen imminently.

TSmith, TCrawford and Dez all have guaranteed contracts, so restructuring them adds no risk.

It will open up over 18m.