OMG...Newman is sooooo bad.

MrCharlie007

Benched
Reaction score
We have to trade this guy...he is just absolutely awful...He is the worst corner since Mario Edwards.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Sgut up, people. We cant trade him, wed be hit with a 10 million doller cap penalty. Hes only a second year player, let it go.

Roughneck

Reaction score
MrCharlie007 said:
We have to trade this guy...he is just absolutely awful...He is the worst corner since Mario Edwards.
Trade him? For what? More importantly, for what with that contract?

VoR

Reaction score
He's obviously worthless as trade bait. Hell even Deion at 40 and 3 years out of the NFL is better.

Just cut the loser and start Williams and Reeves. :eek:

VoR

Reaction score
Wait,
actually Kevin Smith with an achilles tendon that was torn up and repaired was never beaten as badly as Newman is from week to week.

How can a guy with Newman's supposed speed be beaten by the most pedestrian receivers...........usually by 5 yards or more? :confused:

Org1

Reaction score
MrCharlie007 said:

are grossly overreacting
it is bad but it is not a tell tale sign of how good he will be and how good he is
lots of players struggle a bit in their second year
also, it is early in the season
he'll recover and have a good season

Roughneck

Reaction score
That was one sweet open field tackle Newman just made......oh wait......

:mad:

VoR

Reaction score
Can't cover,can't tackle..........................

I could do that for Dallas,and I wouldn't even ask for the millions Newman is making.

"are grossly overreacting
it is bad but it is not a tell tale sign of how good he will be and how good he is
he'll recover and have a good season"

Face it,when you are the #5 pick overall and paid millions YOU BETTER DO YOUR DAMN JOB.

Rude

Reaction score
VoR said:
"are grossly overreacting
he'll recover and have a good season"

Face it,when you are the #5 pick overall and paid millions YOU BETTER DO YOUR DAMN JOB.

Exactly, when will the excuses end. Its not like it happens once a game or every here and there, it happens a lot of times in each game

TwentyOne

Reaction score
VoR said:
Wait,
actually Kevin Smith with an achilles tendon that was torn up and repaired was never beaten as badly as Newman is from week to week.

How can a guy with Newman's supposed speed be beaten by the most pedestrian receivers...........usually by 5 yards or more? :confused:

As i wrote before. I saw this kid play this year (on TV) and i must say he has all the physical tools but NO feel for the game. That's what seperates great CB from medicore ones. Look at Deion, he may not have the physical tools anymore but he still has the feel for the game. Thas why he has 2 ints today.

IMO we don't have to get rid of Newmann, but we have to get one real good CB who can shut down people at this level. Newman will be ok as a back up. Never the less it was a bad drafting decission - hopefully JJ pans out! :eek:

AJM1613

Reaction score
I feel better and better about that first round pick from Buffalo every time I see Newman and Williams play. ;)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I feel better and better about that first round pick from Buffalo every time I see Newman and Williams play. ;)

Newman is not that good as suggested but whats wrong with Williams? He is the best SS in the league already.

Tobal

Reaction score
The problem is Williams is the best SS in the game, but he's playing FS.

Tobal

Reaction score
My problem is how did Newman get so bad? Denver said they traded for Bailey after they saw what having a CB as good as Newman would do for you. Now people pick on Newman at will it seems.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TwentyOne said:
Newman is not that good as suggested but whats wrong with Williams? He is the best SS in the league already.

He isn't a SS, and it seems like he has been on a serious decline since his rookie season. Just an observation.

I'm not trying to get into an arguement and my first comment was kind of a joke because how bad you are overeacting with Newman. He hasn't been playing well...but in no way does that make him a bust.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Tobal said:
My problem is how did Newman get so bad? Denver said they traded for Bailey after they saw what having a CB as good as Newman would do for you. Now people pick on Newman at will it seems.

Newman never got that bad he was always that bad. He never looked for the ball. Had no feel for the receiver, couldn't read routes, was always way of the ball on crossing routes etc... The Point is it was overlooked by many because we played a great defence. Second many said give this kid time because it's his first year. But you could see that there are more problems that kid has than just adjusting to the speed of the game.

Many players can compensate their lack of ability with their great physical tools. Maybe Newman is in the same league.

BTW. I can't remember Denver based their decission to trade for Bailey because of Newman. Did they said that officially - i can't remember! But i can remember that their was alot of discussion of how stupid Denver must be to make a trade like that. Now look who is laughing at last?!

Of course Williams plays FS and it was always known that Williams has problems when thrown into covering people. So why in hell use him like that? Thats not a position you want Williams in. But thats not his problem thats a problem of the one who tells him what to play. This guy sucks so bad i can't even find words to describe it. The badest decission IMO last offseason was from JJ raising this mans salary to make him stay. (Go GROZ!) No serious: This Zimmer guy drives me mad from week to week! And the excuses you all find for him (no or young CBs no DL etc) just driving me more nuts! Let this man go and give me a good DC who is able to discover the players strengths and let them play up to them!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He isn't a SS, and it seems like he has been on a serious decline since his rookie season. Just an observation.

I'm not trying to get into an arguement and my first comment was kind of a joke because how bad you are overeacting with Newman. He hasn't been playing well...but in no way does that make him a bust.

I understood it as a joke and it wasn't my intention to argue with you either. It's just my frustation over Newman. Because what i saw from Newman is enough for me to say he is a bust. You can see he is going to be an ok CB but he won't be anything near where we all hoped he would be. IMO he just lackes talent you can't learn.

For Williams he for sure is a SS. I don't care what he played in college. Even he there was more used as an SS then FS.

Tobal

Reaction score
Yes Denver specifically talked about Newman and Dallas. Then again they are amateurs and obviously didn't realize newman has never been any good.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Tobal said:
Yes Denver specifically talked about Newman and Dallas. Then again they are amateurs and obviously didn't realize newman has never been any good.

YEP has to be as you said... :rolleyes: