OMG...Newman is sooooo bad.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He isn't a SS, and it seems like he has been on a serious decline since his rookie season. Just an observation.

I'm not trying to get into an arguement and my first comment was kind of a joke because how bad you are overeacting with Newman. He hasn't been playing well...but in no way does that make him a bust.
Atleast he didn't get almost lose the game for us and got run over by garcia like dawkins...just an observation...

AJM1613

Reaction score
Well he is obviously better than T.Williams and Reeves because he is your LCB, covering (most of the time) the oposing team's best WR.

A lot of CBs look bad this season, Ty Law one of them, Ricky Manning Jr. is another. It's that new rule, thanks Pinkston. :mad:

Tra Thomas looked like a great LT until they started cracking down on "illegal formations" from the offensive line, he needed that extra step back to get a good angle on speed rushers. He looked terrible last season.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Well he is obviously better than T.Williams and Reeves because he is your LCB, covering (most of the time) the oposing team's best WR.

A lot of CBs look bad this season, Ty Law one of them, Ricky Manning Jr. is another. It's that new rule, thanks Pinkston. :mad:

Tra Thomas looked like a great LT until they started cracking down on "illegal formations" from the offensive line, he needed that extra step back to get a good angle on speed rushers. He looked terrible last season.

He for sure is our best CB. But the point is he was no 4th round pick he was a #5 overall. If he was a 4th-rounder i had no problem with his play. I would be happy with him. But he was supposed to come in and be a Champ or a Woodsen like player. Especially in his 2nd year.

YEP. For sure they changed rules and i know what that means for CBs. But see my point is why i am so frustated is that what i see from TNew is he is just lost on the field. As i said before for me it lookes like he lacks talent. That what worries me most. I didn't expect him to be the next comming of Deion Sanders. But to be in a class with Woodson or Baily. And what i have seen from him so far he won't be there ever. And thats alot money and draft chioces that goes up the chimney!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I suspect if they do the right thing after the season and replace Zimmer, you will see dramatically better CB and DB play...you cant play defense like this and expect guys to make plays...they play scared, the whole defense does

David

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I am sorry but is personel is as much the problem as coaching, Wiley, Dixon, Carson, James, Eaton, and one of the 7th rounders as nickle does not breed a good D.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
I am sorry but is personel is as much the problem as coaching, Wiley, Dixon, Carson, James, Eaton, and one of the 7th rounders as nickle does not breed a good D.

of course the problem is on both sides. but to have a coach who make players play bad, you don't change anything by getting better players. Get rid of the coach and the personel you have will play better already. Money saved and picks!

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Zimmer had a number 1 defense last year.

But playing with Wiley, Dixon, Tyrone, 7th rounder nickle, singleton, Carson and James scares no one!

scottsp

Reaction score
Org1 said:
are grossly overreacting
it is bad but it is not a tell tale sign of how good he will be and how good he is
lots of players struggle a bit in their second year
also, it is early in the season
he'll recover and have a good season

What the hell are you basing this on? I've done everything I can to defend this kid. No more.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Favre is picking Newmans anticipiated career apart! It would be funny if it didn't hurt that much seeing the boys beeing beaten so bad!

Tobal

Reaction score
three players on this team were picked in the top 10. All three have done nothing and play on a defense that has given up 41 easy points.