On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that our 2024 LG is on the roster

Cowboyny

Reaction score
7.5-it will depend on where Tyler Smith plays next season. Liked what I saw out of both Richards/Bass, but they haven't even played a single regular season snap as of yet.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
7.5-it will depend on where Tyler Smith plays next season. Liked what I saw out of both Richards/Bass, but they haven't even played a single regular season snap as of yet.
Agreed.
The nice thing about Smith is that we know he can play both LG and LT at a high level. We have to see how Richards and Bass develop before any decision is made. I don't think the coaches have decided yet, but they probably love the flexibility that Smith gives them and the fact that they have a couple of really young guys who show signs of being keepers.

It's not too hard to get excited about the possibility that we have retooled our offensive line for the next half-decade!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agreed.
The nice thing about Smith is that we know he can play both LG and LT at a high level. We have to see how Richards and Bass develop before any decision is made. I don't think the coaches have decided yet, but they probably love the flexibility that Smith gives them and the fact that they have a couple of really young guys who show signs of being keepers.

It's not too hard to get excited about the possibility that we have retooled our offensive line for the next half-decade!
I actually want to see how Tyler plays inside, thought he played better at Tackle last year compared to reps at Guard.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Havic

Reaction score
4. I think they still want Tyler to move to LT once we move on from smith

glimmerman

Reaction score
Smith will be at LT as soon as Tyron either gets injured or retires. We need a LG starter. A solid LG only player. I hate shuffling O-Line around..

Jarntt

Reaction score
Being confident our 2024 LG is on the current roster is meaningless right now. There is a 2024 draft and 2024 free agency season to come. Add that to us possibly signing another OG this year and perhaps an unexpected return next year by T Smith or an unexpected decision to keep Tyler at LG because we found a different LT. Right now my concern is 2023. This is about as important as who our #4 CB is until Lewis is healthy

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remember they always target Tackles to play Guard on the next level.
Yeah usually if you can play tackle then you have no problem with guard because you have help on either side. Tackles are on a island sometimes.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah usually if you can play tackle then you have no problem with guard because you have help on either side. Tackles are on a island sometimes.
Bergeron who they were considering at 26 was another Tackle who many thought would be better as a Guard on the next level. Richards fits the same mold.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Bergeron who they were considering at 26 was another Tackle who many thought would be better as a Guard on the next level. Richards fits the same mold.
Richards is a big kid. 22 years old and 6 foot 4 and 307.