On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you that our 2024 LG is on the roster

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's very early in their development, let's see how they progress. We thought Walesko looked good last yr and he took a step back and injured again.
Luckily it’s the other shoulder and minor. When I heard the news I thought we made a mistake keeping him. I want to see what these guys do against starters. They get to go against our D-Line so that will help strengthen them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Luckily it’s the other shoulder and minor. When I heard the news I thought we made a mistake keeping him. I want to see what these guys do against starters. They get to go against our D-Line so that will help strengthen them.
It's a process, they have to usually get stronger and learn proper technique.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Smith-10!....until week 2 when he has to move to LT. Then it drops to 3.

McMicah

Reaction score
10 because it’s Smith, but even if Smith somehow got moved, Bass played in college exclusively at LG, so…yeah…10

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think that Tyler Smith is going to play so well that the team will decide to keep him at left guard.
but only because Richards is going to blossom so quickly that it's an easy "best 5" decision.

sorta tongue in cheek ..... sorta serious.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but only because Richards is going to blossom so quickly that it's an easy "best 5" decision.

sorta tongue in cheek ..... sorta serious.
I like what I’ve seen of Richards so far. Needs a year in an NFL weight room.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I like what I’ve seen of Richards so far. Needs a year in an NFL weight room.
yeah, I have intentionally followed the club at a distance this off season so first to admit I'm not on top of things.
But, I will say Richards caught my eye in the portion of preseason games I have watched. One play in particular really wowed me. Defender seemed to have gotten around the corner and on way to QB hit. Next thing you know Richards is between them & stymied the rush. QB had time & room to throw. I did not think it was possible for him (or anyone) to recover on that play.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I have a feeling Tyler Smith sticks at LG. Fills a need and the Cowboys save a few bucks when the sign him to an extension.