On the Jarwin TD, 83 was in the field

links18

Reaction score
Maybe Bryant is doing well in practice and they are rewarding him with limited snaps when Gallup/Coop need a breather?

The legend of Devin Smith here is reaching Rico Gathers Preseason hype.
Dude beats a slow Norman and people go buckwild thinking we have another Laurent Robinson.

How would you know, if they don't play him at all. Just cut off once Cobb got healthy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I haven’t heard anything about an injury
It appears more related to numbers
He doesn’t play on ST so it’s difficult to have him active
You have Gallup, Cobb, and cooper all active and Austin active and playing ST. I think it’s just a numbers issue
Fair enough. I'm just guessing based on his previous injuries and not being able to comprehend how a fast cat like him isn't on the field more.

conner01

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm just guessing based on his previous injuries and not being able to comprehend how a fast cat like him isn't on the field more.
I’d love to see more of him but the numbers get tricky
Personally I have the active roster stuff
Wish all 53 were active each game

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's really a shame Jarwin doesn't get more opportunities. I knew this staff was full of crap when they said witten wouldn't get a majority of the snaps.

BigD49

Reaction score
Did you even watch the beginning of the game Monday. They threw him the ball on a screen and he dropped it.

Or are you just one of the hundreds on this board who just like to hear themselves complain?
Also threw deep to him and he never even located the ball in the air

exciter

Reaction score
I had to look up 83. The dude hip congratulated Jarwin after making a block on the play. None other than Ventrell Bryant. Where is Cedrick Wilson? What happened to Devin Smith, who looked awesome early in the season going deep??
Anyone have answers?
Smith hasn't played since starting the Saints game and not recording a rec vs Apple. Bryant has been one hell of a sp team player the last few weeks and is slowly taking the role in the offense they so coveted for Brown the last few years!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you know how many times cowboys coaches tell him specifically or his group?.....No, evidently not enough though.

Good players take personal responsibility for how they play.
Good players take personal responsibility for how they play..... Replace good with smart, and yeah smart players
would , but only about 10 % of NFL players are actually in the smart category.
Only about 20% of Nfl coaches are actually in the smart category.

I saw a show on Parcells, and he spent a lot of time personally coaching punt returners, on just how to catch
the ball, and all the why's etc. Now you might say they should already know this I mean HS college, and maybe some pro ball too, but he went out of his way to make sure they did it the right way, and he drove home his point.
This is something todays coaches do not do, and by looking at players catch punts in every game I watch, most
of them need a talk from parcells on how to do it right.
They dont know how to do it right , and that is on their coaches , even parcells would agree with me, but if
you think otherwise, I dont know what else to say.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thats more on Garrett also. This process thing has to go. Its ruining this team.
It is also on jerry and his boy, they paid ewok, now they want him on field as much as possible.
That limits what the coaches can do with anybody else.
I did see the one play where ewok and pollard were both out there and elliot wound up blocking for pollard
and they got a good gain, I liked that play, and shows they do want to get pollard involved.
But after the game they might get scolded for using elliot as a blocker, so we never see that play again.

T-RO

Reaction score
Just as bad or more, Moore won'teven use Pollard at all in the offense, much less the passing game. Pathetic. That's on Moore.

How does this nonsense continue around here?

Pollard dropped a screen pass Sunday night and was awkward when targeted on a wheel route. There are a limited number of plays. Our other options are a more ready right now than Tony.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good players take personal responsibility for how they play..... Replace good with smart, and yeah smart players
would , but only about 10 % of NFL players are actually in the smart category.
Only about 20% of Nfl coaches are actually in the smart category.

I saw a show on Parcells, and he spent a lot of time personally coaching punt returners, on just how to catch
the ball, and all the why's etc. Now you might say they should already know this I mean HS college, and maybe some pro ball too, but he went out of his way to make sure they did it the right way, and he drove home his point.
This is something todays coaches do not do, and by looking at players catch punts in every game I watch, most
of them need a talk from parcells on how to do it right.
They dont know how to do it right , and that is on their coaches , even parcells would agree with me, but if
you think otherwise, I dont know what else to say.

like I eluded to. We have no clue how often these coaches go over fundamentals. but sure blame whomever you want but not catching the pass is his fault whether you believe it or not doesn't really matter.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We don’t need Wilson or Smith standing on the sideline on game day. They aren’t going to play over Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, or Austin....ever.

Austin plays the slot and returns punts, and Bryant plays special teams and is a proven effective gunner. So he can be an occasional blocker, too. It makes zero sense to have either of the other two guys active on game day unless a key receiver is hurt.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It is also on jerry and his boy, they paid ewok, now they want him on field as much as possible.
That limits what the coaches can do with anybody else.
I did see the one play where ewok and pollard were both out there and elliot wound up blocking for pollard
and they got a good gain, I liked that play, and shows they do want to get pollard involved.
But after the game they might get scolded for using elliot as a blocker, so we never see that play again.

The Ewok contract is going to be a disaster. He has already lost his breakaway ability. He needs big holes to become productive. Sure he still a good runningback. But other runningbacks like Devin Smith, McCaffery and Saq Barkley will take those to the house easily.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He had 2 catches on 6 targets in 2 starts this season...

Way to cherry pick data.

Devin Smith stats for this year.
5 of 9, 113 yards, 1 td, 4 1d, 0 passes dropped, QB rating when thrown to 137.

The QB rating was just a shade behind Cooper at the top spot a week or two ago. May be tops on the team now.

CB61

Reaction score
I had to look up 83. The dude hip congratulated Jarwin after making a block on the play. None other than Ventrell Bryant. Where is Cedrick Wilson? What happened to Devin Smith, who looked awesome early in the season going deep??
Anyone have answers?

Pokes12

Reaction score
Way to cherry pick data.

Devin Smith stats for this year.
5 of 9, 113 yards, 1 td, 4 1d, 0 passes dropped, QB rating when thrown to 137.

The QB rating was just a shade behind Cooper at the top spot a week or two ago. May be tops on the team now.
Thank you. You have made my point explicit with the data. Devlin should be on the active roster and partner with 19 to add a stretch WR to our repertoire.

mrmojo

Reaction score
How did we acquire 83? Thought it was Terrance Williams!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Thank you. You have made my point explicit with the data. Devlin should be on the active roster and partner with 19 to add a stretch WR to our repertoire.

I like Smith better in our base offense. 3rd down, bring in Gallup as a better WR, but Smith takes the top off the defense better. That's a better complement to the run game than Gallup.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Just as bad or more, Moore won'teven use Pollard at all in the offense, much less the passing game. Pathetic. That's on Moore.
We tried and the kid dropped a probable potential possible touchdown.

TheHerd

Reaction score
It’s not that it’s just they have actual guys who contribute who play special teams and on offense or defense. Some guys play better than others. Doesn’t mean they are bad.
Our kick return coverage has been bad. I submit it would be hard to be much worse than some of the players on those units.