Twitter: On Wagner, Clarence Hill Jr. says Dallas no longer in sweepstakes

Big_D

Reaction score
It was always "Or won't". Daddy and Son won't pay anyone in FA even when they are "all-in", and this is a throw-a-way year.

you could bet Jerry thought he had a shot even during the Campo years. That’s how out of touch this POS is. There are no throw aways.. at least for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
thanks-for-interview-810x538.jpg
Stephen Jones made "an honest offer" ALAS we fell "just short."

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Well, I would rather not sign Wagner, because at the end of the year he will request a trade or something, why would you want to work for head coach Jerry Jones?

So just get a nobody in the draft and save that money, in the end Dak is going to choke at the end of next season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Despite reports of interest from the Cowboys, it was obvious from the start that this FO is too cheap to sign the likes of Bobby Wagner. As long as Stephen Jones is in charge of the finances, that's the way this team operates. Impact players don't sign cheaply, and Wagner is just that. For this FO, claiming "interest" is simply fool's gold for the Cowboys fans with a lust for big names. They pull this stunt every year. It's just more fake business, as usual.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
I miss the days when we made irrational but splashy signings and trades. We still sucked as a team, but at least there was some excitement

It always gave me hope in that there was a chance said player would bring that winning attitude with him and it would wash off on the other players. Maybe the grass just looks greener outside this team because of the last quarter decade of futility

just look what Brady did for the Bucs…..cleaned the losing stink off that team in one season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It always gave me hope in that there was a chance said player would bring that winning attitude with him and it would wash off on the other players. Maybe the grass just looks greener outside this team because of the last quarter decade of futility

just look what Brady did for the Bucs…..cleaned the losing stink off that team in one season.
Wouldn't mind a guy like Wagner as a mentor to Parsons as well.

Maybe there's a shot he doesn't get infected in that case and isn't talking about a "brand" before winning a thing.

Problem is the powers that be don't see these type of things as being a problem....or even existing.

They actually DO think they are doing a great job and no one could do it better.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If we somehow brought back Tank and Gregory, mixed in Wagner with Parsons, maybe added another 1st or 2nd rounder on the front seven, I would be a very happy Cowboys fan. The cherry on top would be Armstrong back too.

shabazz

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind a guy like Wagner as a mentor to Parsons as well.

Maybe there's a shot he doesn't get infected in that case and isn't talking about a "brand" before winning a thing.

Problem is the powers that be don't see these type of things as being a problem....or even existing.

They actually DO think they are doing a great job and no one could do it better.

your last sentence has to be true because no other business would put out a failed product for 26 years and not change their operating management…….however this business is unique in that it can stay in the black financially in perpetuity while producing a flawed product

shabazz

Reaction score
If we somehow brought back Tank and Gregory, mixed in Wagner with Parsons, maybe added another 1st or 2nd rounder on the front seven, I would be a very happy Cowboys fan. The cherry on top would be Armstrong back too.

……a couple mammoth existing contracts prevent this

edit… nothing wrong with a mammoth contract if it’s being lived up to, though