Once Again, Dalton folds in a big game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So he reminds everyone of Dak and Romo, big game failures. Cow-girl Roy where are all your excuses you use for Dak ?

Interesting.............what big game failures has Dak had? Using the horrible performance of your hero Dalton on Sunday as an example of how to fail as a QB in a big game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All 3 were winning teams. Those were good teams.

Dalton was flat against the 5-9 Giants, and lost twice to Washington. :lmao:

How many playoff games has Dak had? From my recollection he balled in all of them. Outplayed Wilson in one of them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So the oline had nothing to do with the loss, receivers dropping passes, the defense not being able to stop Giants receivers, a Head Coach not challenging a play, an offensive coordinator that didn't call a balanced game......I mean these are the same things I hear when another QB losses a game so it's only fair they be looked at for Dalton too.
I said the same thing about Dak and you Dak detractors objected. I use your standards of measure you used for Dak and you are complaining...in the end it seems all you want to do is complain no matter what...

How did Dak do against the Eagles when the division was on the line? How did he do against NE or NO? Just stop already.

and you, yes you complained about Dak going 8-8 last year, losing a game to philly, but you weren't willing to blame coaching, OL, or anybody else.....just Dak...you dak detractors have said on many many many many occasions that Dak couldn't beat philly

and I have asked you the question which you don't want to answer, but seems inadvertently in your defense of Dalton you did...that wins and losses are not just on the QB, but the coaches, other players, etc.....did I understand correctly?[/quote]

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dalton has been average at best during his career, with the biggest issue with him is folding when it counts the most, having some of his absolute worst performances when it counts. he has had his 4 worst performances in his playoff games and was 1-12 in games that mattered...now 1-13.

yesterday he couldn't hit side of a barn in the first half. he couldn't even hit his usual dink and dunk throws. he made all the wrong reads and he held on to the ball way way too long at times leading to sacks....and his last throw was awful, plain bad for a veteran QB...as soon as he threw the ball, I saw 6 blue jersey's in the end zone and my immediate thought was why? why throw a floating duck when you see 6 blue jerseys' in the end zone and only two cowboys players....

in the end, Dalton couldn't beat any starting QBs in the league......

and now, having seen first hand, I am not sure he is even the answer to back up QB spot, if all he is able to do is beat 4-11 teams playing their back up QBs....a back up should be capable of keeping the team competitive, against average and good teams...he was never able to do that....

keeping Dalton is a mistake even as a back up....we could at least keep a low round draft developmental player. Dalton is not even developmental and there is no upside.
Unfortunately, for the fans Dalton showed us that he's no better than Dak when it comes to showing up in big games. Yes, yesterday's game only substantiated what the rest of the league already knows, it's EASY MONEY time against the Cowboys when games count for something. This whole organization never got off the plane when it landed in NEW YORK. Maybe it was too windy or too cold, but my guess is we didn't show up because the whole organization is heartless and gutless when it get's punched in the mouth. America's Team, get the f@#$%^&k out of here that title was removed from this team decades ago..............

75boyz

Reaction score
Dalton has been average at best during his career, with the biggest issue with him is folding when it counts the most, having some of his absolute worst performances when it counts. he has had his 4 worst performances in his playoff games and was 1-12 in games that mattered...now 1-13.

yesterday he couldn't hit side of a barn in the first half. he couldn't even hit his usual dink and dunk throws. he made all the wrong reads and he held on to the ball way way too long at times leading to sacks....and his last throw was awful, plain bad for a veteran QB...as soon as he threw the ball, I saw 6 blue jersey's in the end zone and my immediate thought was why? why throw a floating duck when you see 6 blue jerseys' in the end zone and only two cowboys players....

and now, having seen first hand, I am not sure he is even the answer to back up QB spot, if all he is able to do is beat 4-11 teams playing their back up QBs....a back up should be capable of keeping the team competitive, against average and good teams...he was never able to do that....

keeping Dalton is a mistake even as a back up....we could at least keep a low round draft developmental player. Dalton is not even developmental and there is no upside.

It's why the Zone has so many diverse opinions I guess.

I share almost down to the last dotted i or crossed t so many of your past shared defensive posts it's as though I were writing them myself.

And Andy Dalton's previous resume was never gonna convince me he could ever beat winning or playoff teams consistently either but herein lies the kicker.

Dak is 9-11 in his last 20 starts. Regardless of last year or this year the only 2 winning team Ws by this team is over last year's Philly team and last year's 9-7 non playoff Rams team.

Regardless of injury, QB, covid, or coaching.

I find the irony in this post remarkable.

Like I said, I am in lockstep with you on 99.9% of your defensive philosophy/posts.

I'm on the total opposite side on your QB support and his perceived ceiling.

Cheers to ya anyway bro,

Difference of opinion. No worries.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
...and how about that great team known as the Jets last year?
GB and the great rodgers lost to the 6-10 vikings...how about that?
SF, superbowl team lost to AZ in 2019

in the NFL they have a term for it...upset!

and I thought you said, the OL, defense, coaching, WRs etc. are also responsible for losses...

Kevinicus

Reaction score

This post shows a complete fundamental misunderstanding of how team sports work, and in particular football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If Dalton decides his remaining career is as a backup QB, I have no problems if he stays in Dallas. He's a good backup.

But the idea that he is a starter, especially over Dak, is laughable.
Pretty much.

There's no backup in the league who is going to come in and not cause a huge dropoff if they have to play ~10 games. But for a game or two, he can be quite effective I think. He'll need to embrace that role though.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
How many playoff games has Dak had? From my recollection he balled in all of them. Outplayed Wilson in one of them.
Tebow out-dueled a HOF 2 time SB winning QB in the playoffs.
He’s available and willing to listen to offers.
Give him a call. He’s got the same winning record as “Stats”.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pretty much.

There's no backup in the league who is going to come in and not cause a huge dropoff if they have to play ~10 games. But for a game or two, he can be quite effective I think. He'll need to embrace that role though.
I agree with your first statement, but not the second. I don't think Dalton was effective at all. he completely ineffective against average teams. we were non competitive....he won three games against 4-11 teams with their backup QBs. although stars lined up for him to play that type of schedule, odds are that will not happen again....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dalton is a good backup. Nothing more.

he is not and will not be the long term answer.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Agreed. I'd much rather give Gilbert a legit chance to be the QB2. I would have let him finish the season as the starter after the Pitt game. Dalton has years of tape to know what he is, which is exactly what we saw yesterday.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I agree with your first statement, but not the second. I don't think Dalton was effective at all. he completely ineffective against average teams. we were non competitive....he won three games against 4-11 teams with their backup QBs. although stars lined up for him to play that type of schedule, odds are that will not happen again....
Well, as a backup next year, he'd have an offensive line.

What you're saying is true of just about every backup. Dalton, if nothing else, showed that he can be a facilitator/bus driver. That's not unanimously true.