Once again Jerry achieved his goal

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

So tell me again why he has to change his way?

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1

rambo2

Reaction score
I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1
I would like to know what the posters that are 81 want in their current life. That might give us an idea of what Jerry wants.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Cowboys cap will be at max on opening day. The salary cap is a cap you can’t go over. Google “NFL salary cap.”

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score

Jerry isn't going to change, fans hope he will, but it won't happen. Also, Jerrell's spawn that will take over the GM role once he passes will not be better.

Always wondered why people that have lifetimes of money will go to the ends of the earth for more.

Pokeness

Reaction score
You have to wonder what crosses Jerry's mind when he sees the Rangers coming off a championship and the Mavericks and Stars are both in the Western Conference finals, while his piddling team hasn't seen the likes in nearly 30 years!

CWR

Reaction score

I didn't believe it, or want to believe it for a long time. I was wrong, yall were right. Any owner who complains about "dead coaching money" is far too concerned with revenue.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Jerry isn't going to change, fans hope he will, but it won't happen. Also, Jerrell's spawn that will take over the GM role once he passes will not be better.

Always wondered why people that have lifetimes of money will go to the ends of the earth for more.
Lust for more money has no bounds in modern times.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to know what the posters that are 81 want in their current life. That might give us an idea of what Jerry wants.
Jerry has far more financial security already than most of us 70-year-olds could ever dream off. I'd have no idea when enough is enough for him!

But I'd most definitely want a SB victory and would do everything in my power to achieve it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not 81, but when I am I can promise I will want the same thing out of my favorite team then that I do now - a commitment to do everything possible to win a championship. For me that will never change.

I don’t see that kind of commitment from our 81 year old owner/GM and face of the franchise. If winning a championship was the absolute goal of this owner, he would do what the winning owners of the last 28 SB winners did- hire a GM.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You have to wonder what crosses Jerry's mind when he sees the Rangers coming off a championship and the Mavericks and Stars are both in the Western Conference finals, while his piddling team hasn't seen the likes in nearly 30 years!
Probably just chuckles knowing that the Cowboys franchise is worth more than any of those teams, probably more than all of them combined.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
that maybe the only thing he might react to. why? because there is only so much fan money to go around. so if fans flock to those three teams, some of his money is going to go away and then he will react. not because he cares about championships, but because he cares about money being lost

rags747

Reaction score
So the Stones have not had a #1 hit in how many decades and yet they remain one of the largest touring bands around. Are these not the same thing?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the Stones have not had a #1 hit in how many decades and yet they remain one of the largest touring bands around. Are these not the same thing?
Music and professional football….completely different skill sets. I’m pretty sure Mick Jagger can’t tackle and Micah Parsons can’t sing professionally.

Are you saying since Cowboys haven’t even been close to a SB in nearly 30 years we‘re supposed to just remember “the oldies but goodies”?