Once again Jerry achieved his goal

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he just started up a top notch analytics team which isn’t cheap. Jerry wants to win a SB more than any of us. He’s the one to benefit the most financially but I don’t think that’s his motivation. He wants another SB but unfortunately doesn’t know how to go about it the correct way.
Rock if Jerry wanted to win a SB more than any of us, why hasn’t he done what all the owners winning SBs the last three decades are doing - hire a real GM?

Put it another way, if Jerry has failed 28 straight times to at least win a divisional playoff game while leading this organization, if he really wanted to win that bad, why does he continue to insist on leading the team the way he does? I gave him the benefit of the doubt over a decade. By now is there any doubt he is THE problem?

There is a difference between patience and foolishness. Cowboys fans at this point should not be asked to have patience or trust. We have three decades of receipts.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
no he doesn't. he says he does. his actions says otherwise as often his business decisions supersede his football decisions.

of course he wants another superbowl. he is a sports franchise owner. but priorities are not football first. that's undeniable.
You’re entitled to your opinion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rock if Jerry wanted to win a SB more than any of us, why hasn’t he done what all the owners winning SBs the last three decades are doing - hire a real GM?

Put it another way, if Jerry has failed 28 straight times to at least win a divisional playoff game while leading this organization, if he really wanted to win that bad, why does he continue to insist on leading the team the way he does? I gave him the benefit of the doubt over a decade. By now is there any doubt he is THE problem?

There is a difference between patience and foolishness. Cowboys fans at this point should not be asked to have patience or trust. We have three decades of receipts.
It’s narcissism. He thinks he can do it better than anyone. There’s no one to tell him otherwise.

Sydla

Reaction score
My point was that Jerry isn’t cheap when it comes to salaries like many are saying. He’s spending all he can spend. You can certainly argue the effectiveness of how they manage the cap but they max it out or get close every year.
He’s cheaper than you think. He needs fans like you to buy his and his son’s schtick.

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry isn't cheap, he just isn't good at knowing who to pay and how much.
Yup, it's factually correct that they spend up to the cap but your last sentence defines the situation.

Any dummy can invest but it's the best GMs that invest wisely......consistently

fivetwos

Reaction score
He’s cheaper than you think. He needs fans like you to buy his and his son’s schtick.
I didn’t think Jerry himself was cheap until he mentioned “dead coaching money” being a “big problem around the NFL.”

The owners are making money hand over fist, as evidenced by the annual cap increase. If it’s best to admit a mistake and move on from a bad hire, then what does he care what other owners do? They are trying to win, not save five million that doesn’t even count toward the cap.

I guess that’s the disconnect.

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn’t think Jerry himself was cheap until he mentioned “dead coaching money” being a “big problem around the NFL.”

The owners are making money hand over fist, as evidenced by the annual cap increase. If it’s best to admit a mistake and move on from a bad hire, then what does he care what other owners do? They are trying to win, not save five million that doesn’t even count toward the cap.

I guess that’s the disconnect.
Dead coaching money was a dead giveaway that these two are now managing the crap out of the bottom line of this franchise to line their pockets with even more cash.

It's unfathomable that the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most valuable franchise in the world, raking in more revenues and profits than just about any sports franchise in the world would not fire a coach even if he had failed because they refused to have to pay two coaches for a year or two.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
Jerry isn't going to change, fans hope he will, but it won't happen. Also, Jerrell's spawn that will take over the GM role once he passes will not be better.

Always wondered why people that have lifetimes of money will go to the ends of the earth for more.
A rich persons biggest fear is being poor. That is why almost all rich people continue to acquire wealth. Goes for CEO's, athletes, lawyers, bankers, actors, singers, etc etc.

After wealth they crave legacy. For some few it is charity.

The biggest exception I can think of is politicians. For them power is 1st and second is money gained from their power.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score

He wants to win it his way. Doesn't want to share credit again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dead coaching money was a dead giveaway that these two are now managing the crap out of the bottom line of this franchise to line their pockets with even more cash.

It's unfathomable that the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most valuable franchise in the world, raking in more revenues and profits than just about any sports franchise in the world would not fire a coach even if he had failed because they refused to have to pay two coaches for a year or two.
They are going to have to hit rock bottom before there’s any change.

You agree?

GMO415

Reaction score
I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

So tell me again why he has to change his way?

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1
Relevancy pays.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I’m not 81, but when I am I can promise I will want the same thing out of my favorite team then that I do now - a commitment to do everything possible to win a championship. For me that will never change.

I don’t see that kind of commitment from our 81 year old owner/GM and face of the franchise. If winning a championship was the absolute goal of this owner, he would do what the winning owners of the last 28 SB winners did- hire a GM.
This!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cowboys cap will be at max on opening day. The salary cap is a cap you can’t go over. Google “NFL salary cap.”
I guess you havent seen the graphic where the Cowboys are bottom 3 in actual cash spent have you? Its been posted on here. There have been threads about it.

You must have glazed over those.

shabazz

Reaction score
They are going to have to hit rock bottom before there’s any change.

You agree?
I believe the embarrassment with the Packers was their rock bottom.

The change has begun in the form of contracts not being renewed early and players allowed to leave. Also the 1 year contracts for coaches

2024 season will probably be disappointing but the FO is seemingly willing to sacrifice it for the greater good

Chasing6

Reaction score
Cowboys cap will be at max on opening day. The salary cap is a cap you can’t go over. Google “NFL salary cap.”
No it will not. They need to keep some money for potential injuries and they carried money over last year. So I would not be surprised if they tried to carry money over again.