One day of activity and then nothing?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Memo to dumb and dumber. We need 1-2 wr, another lb, 1-2 good DT,1-2 more ol, a kicker, te —- wake up!!! Sign more players and make some moves. You can’t address all this in the draft only.
This a bad-bad-bad organization with no true leadership. Unfortunately, JJ has a mind set of, "It's my way or the highway" when it comes to signing FA talent and because this organization doesn't have a legit GM don't expect this club to get close to a SB anytime soon.

Adreme

Reaction score
Memo to dumb and dumber. We need 1-2 wr, another lb, 1-2 good DT,1-2 more ol, a kicker, te —- wake up!!! Sign more players and make some moves. You can’t address all this in the draft only.
Trades tend to take time, especially when talking about trading 1st and 2nd round picks as some teams like to see how the board falls. Then you add in this was not really a great WR class of FA. Its basically OBJ and then some mediocre players so if you want talent its him or trade and he is in no hurry.

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s a game of hurry up and wait. I still expect a few moves before the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
We aren’t signing that many players
Speed isn’t important, quality is
Not many moves by anyone since first days because now the market has to settle down and reality of what guys are worth have to sit in
For the most parts the guys left aren’t getting what they want and eventually they will settle for what they can get
There isn’t 1-2 DT’s out there that are good and affordable. Robinson is a fine run defender but little help in pass rush. Do you pay 8 mil a year for a run stuffer? And how many more guys can you sign if you do?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol….memo yourself the same thing. At least the first part.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is just wierd to complain so much when the team is good and have a chance to be better. The draft is more than a month away and they will be adding new veteran players as well.
Why are you arguing with drunk fools?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I remember when the fanbase complained because Jerry was too aggressive and screwed up the cap. He pulls in the reigns and is slammed for not being aggressive enough. IIRC the Jets are tied with another team for spending the most in FA the last 5 years and it has not gotten them a damn thing.

rambo2

Reaction score
I remember when the fanbase complained because Jerry was too aggressive and screwed up the cap. He pulls in the reigns and is slammed for not being aggressive enough. IIRC the Jets are tied with another team for spending the most in FA the last 5 years and it has not gotten them a damn thing.
A lot of fans are nuts.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------
Memo to you. The Eagles traded for A J Brown on the day of the draft. Correct me if I am wrong. That was on April 28th.

But the Eagles have a smart GM who doesn't let the entire NFL know what the team plans to do during the draft....that is how and why Howie was able to steal Dallas Goedert out from under Booger and Chuckles.

rambo2

Reaction score
--------
Memo to you. The Eagles traded for A J Brown on the day of the draft. Correct me if I am wrong. That was on April 28th.

But the Eagles have a smart GM who doesn't let the entire NFL know what the team plans to do during the draft....that is how and why Howie was able to steal Dallas Goedert out from under Booger and Chuckles.
The Eagles let us draft Lamb and Parsons That wasn't very smart.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The entire free agent market became slower after day 1. There's plenty of time left between now and the draft.to address.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
How come most other teams are more aggressive? Maybe they should give it time too? Or maybe after 25+ years of failing you need to change your strategy and be AGGRESSIVE!
They brought in a strong starter at corner, resigned starters at LB and S, as well as a pretty good backup QB. They've cleared space to make some more moves and have been in contact with OBJ, Wagner, and I'm sure other targets that aren't on the national radar. They also let go of an aging RB with a brutal contract, and re-negotiated an aging HOF tackle to make the numbers work....All in the first week of free agency.

They're off to a good start and have been far more aggressive than the 2 week vacations they've taken in previous years. This team is in better shape today than they were to start last season and the off-season is far from done. Let it play out and see what happens.