One day of activity and then nothing?

Carson

Reaction score
They will wait for the draft to fill those needs.

Linebacker : (5). Parsons, Vander Esch, Clark, Cox, Harper.

Receiver : (5). Lamb, Gallup, Tolbert, Turpin, Fehoko.

Carson

Reaction score
No, it’s just the way business is done. It’s to help set the table for moves down the line. It wasn’t about allowing us to sign a big name right now.
I disagree.You’re essentially moving money to the future. You’re making the future cap hit higher. Take Tanks contract for example. His cap hit in 2025 was $3 million … you’ve pushed money back this year and raised that future cap higher. It would be easier to keep the future hit as low as possible

Reactions: CWR

Adiba1977

Reaction score
They will wait for the draft to fill those needs.

Linebacker : (5). Parsons, Vander Esch, Clark, Cox, Harper.

Receiver : (5). Lamb, Gallup, Tolbert, Turpin, Fehoko.
Wr is gross - need 2 better players. Gallop needs be wr 3 and cut next year

Lb is bad too. If Lve gets hurt will be ugly plus need vet who can stop run and attacks with aggression.

Carson

Reaction score
Wr is gross - need 2 better players. Gallop needs be wr 3 and cut next year

Lb is bad too. If Lve gets hurt will be ugly plus need vet who can stop run and attacks with aggression.
I don’t disagree.

But it’s what the two buffoons in charge think

CWR

Reaction score
No, it’s just the way business is done. It’s to help set the table for moves down the line. It wasn’t about allowing us to sign a big name right now.

They have done a lot more than set the table financially. We didn't need that much space. I think there is more to it.

T-RO

Reaction score
Memo to dumb and dumber. We need 1-2 wr, another lb, 1-2 good DT,1-2 more ol, a kicker, te —- wake up!!! Sign more players and make some moves. You can’t address all this in the draft only.

You are living in a fantasy where there's this massive collection of talent in FA, and Dallas is in a position to splurge across the board without competition from 31 other teams.

Top Ranked Remaining receivers:
Double-ACL Beckham,
Old man Thielen,
Mecole Hardman,
Jarvis Fading-Fast Landry
All-but-Dead Julio Jones

Remaining Top Ranked DT?
Matt Ionnidis
A'shawn Robinson
5'11 Poona Ford

These DTs weren't as productive as Osa Odighizuwa.

I've been predicting one more splash and maybe a few spare parts.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
You are living in a fantasy where there's this massive collection of talent in FA, and Dallas is in a position to splurge across the board without competition from 31 other teams.

Top Ranked Remaining receivers:
Double-ACL Beckham,
Old man Thielen,
Mecole Hardman,
Jarvis Fading-Fast Landry
All-but-Dead Julio Jones

Remaining Top Ranked DT?
Matt Ionnidis
A'shawn Robinson
5'11 Poona Ford

These DTs weren't as productive as Osa Odighizuwa.

I've been predicting one more splash and maybe a few spare parts.
Trade for Hopkins and restructure contract. Sign Bobby Wagner. resign Watkins and best other dt available. Sign best kicker available Draft wr/te/ol/rb

FaSho

Reaction score
Feels like we always restructure to free up cap space, then do nothing with it..

rambo2

Reaction score
Feels like we always restructure to free up cap space, then do nothing with it..
They are going to do something with it. They certainly are going to get some receivers from somewhere.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Memo to dumb and dumber. We need 1-2 wr, another lb, 1-2 good DT,1-2 more ol, a kicker, te —- wake up!!! Sign more players and make some moves. You can’t address all this in the draft only.
Day 4 of free agency and we already have guys in full blown panic mode.

The shine sure came off that Gilmore trade in a hurry.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How come most other teams are more aggressive? Maybe they should give it time too? Or maybe after 25+ years of failing you need to change your strategy and be AGGRESSIVE!
I don’t think too many teams have been aggressive this year as in the past. Signing one big name player to a $90 million contract does not constitute aggressive.

CWR

Reaction score

We don't need 35 million to sign our draft class and vet FAs down the line though. They typically carry something like 8-10 million into the season don't they?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A millineal. Give me, give me, give me and don’t you dare make me work for it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
B-Wagz and OBJ are both on the team’s radar. Team is trying to re-sign Fowler as well. They’re all asking for too much.

2nd tier free agents won’t be signed until closer to draft time and possibly after draft. Watch out for Nick Morrow and Randall Cobb if Wagner/Obj sign elsewhere.

How to watch them sign with someone else