One Draft Pick changes everything next year

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Is there even a single defensive player that you look at and feel confident saying “hey, he has that spot locked down for next year” based on play so far? (Contracts aside)

Kaiser

Reaction score
Your right, an elite prospect could change the defense around in a hurry.

shhhhh-gif-8.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
I expect that ASmith will be too expensive. When the whole league is bidding on you, the most optimistic wins, and there is a lot of reason to be optimistic about ASmith.

Its kind of a moot point because the cap numbers are all back of the envelope estimations, plus Smith's performance the rest of the year is a wildcard. If he looked like last week, he is easy to resign. If his second half looks like the Seattle game he get a monster contract.

I was using a guestimate of 5MM as his cap hit for next year, even a much bigger contract is easy to work in that number for 2021. We are rolling over about 30MM and can create a ton of money with restructures if they want to. To me the bottom line is Dallas never loses someone they want (Cooper, DLaw, Zeke) unless the players gets overpaid wildly like Byron Jones or Robert Quinn.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Is there even a single defensive player that you look at and feel confident saying “hey, he has that spot locked down for next year” based on play so far? (Contracts aside)

We won four games in 2015 with a horrible offense and then 13 games the next year by adding Zeke and Dak.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We won four games in 2015 with a horrible offense and then 13 games the next year by adding Zeke and Dak.

Dak and Zeke are the same person now.
Wish I knew what this guy is smoking.......:lmao2:

Verdict

Reaction score
Unless these players improve their play significantly, Dallas needs to trade Lewis, Woods, Thompson, & possibly Crawford.

And if Dallas isn’t going to extend Awuzie & Smith, then they might as well trade them, too. Not only will Dallas receive some draft capital in return, but it will allow the rookies & other young players to play & develop.
Trade Crawford? Is t he a free agent and why would anyone want him and his contract?

willia451

Reaction score
Next Year's team. Just wait 'till next year. Then we will......................

Sydla

Reaction score
Again a key premise of Kaiser's post seems to be inaccurate:

And don’t say we don’t have the cap space, even at a 175 Million cap and franchise tagging Prescott we still have 15 Million left over before any restructuring moves (Aldon Smith and conceivably Sean Lee are the only players in UFA we would want to resign).

Dak's tag will be $37MM. According to spotrac they estimate us at $34MM in cap space BEFORE Dak would get hit with the tag.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This guy thinks Gregory, Hill, Gallimore and Anae are going to help turn this defense around..

Can you make some more stupid comments about our young players? It seemed to work magic making Gregory and Gallimore play better, could you trash Reggie Robinson now? Thanks in advance.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
No, I said you live in Fresno because A) you are a loser and B) you stalk people but refuse to say anything about yourself.

You are the one that said SLO is like Santa Barbara, which is like saying Austin is like Belgrade.
I live right in the middle of both. Theres no comparison, and Fresno isn't too far from SLO

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If someone wants to give us a ransom to move down 2-3 spots to take a QB. I’m all for it.

1.Jets -Lawrence
2. Jags-Fields
3. Cowboys- with Sewell, parsons, surtain, Rousseau on board move down?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If someone wants to give us a ransom to move down 2-3 spots to take a QB. I’m all for it.

1.Jets -Lawrence
2. Jags-Fields
3. Cowboys- with Sewell, parsons, surtain, Rousseau on board move down?
With Dalton back at the helm we're going to win the NFC East so the highest we could pick would 19 I think.

JBS

Reaction score
Can you make some more stupid comments about our young players? It seemed to work magic making Gregory and Gallimore play better, could you trash Reggie Robinson now? Thanks in advance.

Lololol don't double down in stupid comments, sir

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lololol don't double down in stupid comments, sir

When you watch yesterday's game, get back to me. You made a stupid comment and Gallimore made you look even dumber.