One Extra Win Is not Worth A Guaranteed McCarthy/Dak Extension

Mark

Reaction score
I rather enjoy being in the hunt every year with double-digit wins by Christmas...remembering all too well suffering through three straight 5-11 seasons with Dave Campo, three straight 8-8 campaigns (and a 4-12) with Jason Garrett. Never up, never in...

So many whiny kids don't appreciate the luxuries they have.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yea, especially when Kellen Moore will be available. Let's dump a HC who is on the cusp of three straight 12-win seasons and playoff appearances and look for the next Matt Rhule.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why are people so sure that McCarthy is gone and many think Dak is gone too if they don't make the NFC Championship. Carrot Top was here for a decade and never made the NFC Championship.

Eddie

Reaction score
Dun matter who the coaches and players are. The one common denominator is Jerry Jones.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I rather enjoy being in the hunt every year with double-digit wins by Christmas...remembering all too well suffering through three straight 5-11 seasons with Dave Campo, three straight 8-8 campaigns (and a 4-12) with Jason Garrett. Never up, never in...

So many whiny kids don't appreciate the luxuries they have.
or all those 8-8 seasons

J12B

Reaction score
A Wild Card loss would be best if a Divisional loss guarantees an extension to these losers.

You can call it loser mentality all you want, but I don't believe 1 extra win is worth more years of guaranteed failure in Dallas.

I'm well aware they probably get extended regardless, but a loss in the Wild Card round would at least make that decision harder to justify.
What would your plan be other than just release Dak?

You make it sound like great QBs are easily replaceable.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are people so sure that McCarthy is gone and many think Dak is gone too if they don't make the NFC Championship. Carrot Top was here for a decade and never made the NFC Championship.
There is zero chance McCarthy is gone. There is zero chance Dak isn't extended.

rynochop

Reaction score
Replace them with whom? As in, name who you want to replace them. Not, someone like, etc.
Name a coach who will be available after tomorrow that you want.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wining today has far more repercussions than just an extension for Dak and retention of MM.

A win today guarantees at least one and, probably, two home games.

A win today presents Dallas with arguably the "easiest" path to the NFC championship game in decades.

After the year Dak has had and, given the implications of his current contract, I daresay an extension is all but guaranteed.

The only question regarding Dak (regardless of today or the seasons outcome) is this: can you afford the extension without gutting the team?