One Gotta Go

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I honestly can’t support particular players anymore. They’re all mercenaries for hire. I don’t think I’d pay any of these guys unless they produce in the playoffs this season.

But picking one to go is easy. Dak is a 32 year old 4th round pick. Parsons and Lamb are 25 year old first round picks. You keep your best youthful talent.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just looking at the three and thinking we have elite players on this team and can't get to the NFC Championship. :eek:

Blackrain

Reaction score
You can’t trade all three of them. Dak isn’t about to agree to a trade when he’s going to be a free agent and will be up for bid with a choice of teams he can go to. We would be picking in the top 10 if we moved on from all three of those players and we could be stuck in that position for several years. First round picks don’t guarantee you’ll come up with good players. Years ago the Rams made a similar trade with Eric Dickerson that the Cowboys made with Herschel Walker and it didn’t turn out very well for them. You can’t just move on from all of your best players and expect to compete for a championship. Which is exactly what we’ve been doing the past three seasons by making the playoffs. With your attitude, we would never sign a player to a second contract. Once their rookie deals are up you’ll be moving on.
It's the attitudes of these players that bother me.
I don't think we can ever get a championship with players who don't make it a priority.

They're super bowl seems to be scoring the big contract winning a championship does not seem that important to these guys they all come up small in the biggest moments and then expect to get paid like clutch superstars.

First of all if we got the right coach and we picked in the top 10 for a couple years along with getting the draft picks for those players there's a good chance we could draft a nucleus of young players that made winning a championship a priority we flat out don't have that now and it's nowhere in sight

conner01

Reaction score
Why would you have no way to replace them?

2 first round picks and $40M saved per year.

Did we have a way to replace Herschel Walker?
You aren’t replacing a starter quality QB, an elite pass rusher and WR. That’s a pipe dream that’s so far from reality. Two first round picks may not even get you a QB since only a few first round QB’s actually work out

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I honestly can’t support particular players anymore. They’re all mercenaries for hire. I don’t think I’d pay any of these guys unless they produce in the playoffs this season.

But picking one to go is easy. Dak is a 32 year old 4th round pick. Parsons and Lamb are 25 year old first round picks. You keep your best youthful talent.
Dak turns 31 late this month.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You aren’t replacing a starter quality QB, an elite pass rusher and WR. That’s a pipe dream that’s so far from reality. Two first round picks may not even get you a QB since only a few first round QB’s actually work out
The topic was 1 has to go. Micah's production could be replaced by multiple players. Two first round picks and $40M to sign FA's. Seems like a no brainer.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hmmmmm ....this a tough one

I am going with Dak.......only because he is closer to free agency and frankly it's not a darn thing we can do to keep him.

If i had to chose: Micah.

Why ?

1. Bad character, bad attitude. More about earning money than football. His head is not into football the way it should be.
2. 30-minute man
3. We get more for him than for the others.

Of course you ask "but hey it should be Dak". And thats right. He is a bad player and by far the biggest reason for the bad outings of our team. And he is by far the worst player of those three.

But this to me is a Business decission. You will get nothing for Dak. Maybe even have to give other teams something so they are willing to take him. For CD maybe a first. For Micah we may get 2 firsts. Easy choice.

Bundle that with your own #1. Get a real QB. Kick the loser out. Hand CD his contract.

Prosper!

I handed out 1 big contract and rebuild my team. Chuckle that SJ.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I hate to say this but my pick is Parsons...and he is probably the most talented out of the three.

You can't preach preparation to teammates while skipping OTA's and minicamp. People are calling out Malik Hooker but personally I agree with everything he said about Micah.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
People call Dak a playoff no-show. But Parsons had 14 sacks and 104 pressures in the regular season, and I don't think he got close enough to Jordan Love in the playoff loss to even see the number on his jersey.

chagus

Reaction score
As much as everyone complains abut this team, you gotta admit the Cowboys are in a very tough position. Top WR, LB and QB. That's a lot of cap space.