Twitter: One more sack this year and Micah joins rare company

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Cowboys News: Micah Parsons Reveals Referees' Excuses​

Parsons told reporters that he does occasionally talk with the officials after they blow another holding non-call against him. And they've told him that he "couldn't make the play" so they didn't call it.

I mean first of all, nowhere in the rule book does it say that penalties don't count if they're away from the play (except maybe the ol' "uncatchable" pass interference distinction). Holding is holding.

But the excuse doesn't even make sense. Micah Parsons can make plays most defenders can't, so you'd think he'd draw more holding calls than someone who can't make as many plays. And how are referees going to determine in the heat of the play whether Parsons could make the play or not?

https://sportdfw.com/posts/micah-pa...81b9dd311b4397877799c50d75a9908aea6d11e4470ce
There is some sense to be made about that. Much like passes which are uncatchable and why PI isn’t called.

The more Parsons speaks out about it the less it’s going to help him. He’s coming off like a Whiner.

Our coaching staff and front office need to call it out not the players.

BossRhino

Reaction score
The stat collectors have taken away 2.5 sacks from Parsons this year. It's a joke.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Might be hard to get as this may be z very ground centric game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I mean first of all, nowhere in the rule book does it say that penalties don't count if they're away from the play (except maybe the ol' "uncatchable" pass interference distinction). Holding is holding.
Bruh ...

RULE 12 PLAYER CONDUCT
SECTION 1 BLOCKING, USE OF HANDS AND ARMS
ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL BLOCK BY OFFENSIVE PLAYER.
.​
.​
Blocking Notes:
(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, Offensive holding will not be called:
(a) if the runner is being tackled simultaneously by any defensive player;
(b) if the runner simultaneously goes out of bounds;
(c) if a fair catch is made simultaneously;
(e) if the action occurs away from the point of attack and not within close-line play;
(f) if a free kick results in a touchback;
(g) if a scrimmage kick simultaneously becomes a touchback;
(h) if the action is part of a double team block, unless the defender splits the double team, gets to the outside of either
blocker, or is taken to the ground; or
(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position
that would normally be holding, unless and until the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the blocker’s action.
(2) If a blocker falls on or pushes down a defender whose momentum is carrying him to the ground, Offensive holding will
not be called unless the blocker prevents the defender from rising from the ground.
(3) If the official has not seen the entire action that sends a defender to the ground, Offensive holding will not be called.

Know thy rules. This is why real journalism is dead. Every emotional little runt can now whine in print with the internet.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bruh ...

RULE 12 PLAYER CONDUCT
SECTION 1 BLOCKING, USE OF HANDS AND ARMS
ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL BLOCK BY OFFENSIVE PLAYER.
.​
.​
Blocking Notes:
(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, Offensive holding will not be called:
(a) if the runner is being tackled simultaneously by any defensive player;
(b) if the runner simultaneously goes out of bounds;
(c) if a fair catch is made simultaneously;
(e) if the action occurs away from the point of attack and not within close-line play;
(f) if a free kick results in a touchback;
(g) if a scrimmage kick simultaneously becomes a touchback;
(h) if the action is part of a double team block, unless the defender splits the double team, gets to the outside of either
blocker, or is taken to the ground; or
(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position
that would normally be holding, unless and until the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the blocker’s action.
(2) If a blocker falls on or pushes down a defender whose momentum is carrying him to the ground, Offensive holding will
not be called unless the blocker prevents the defender from rising from the ground.
(3) If the official has not seen the entire action that sends a defender to the ground, Offensive holding will not be called.

Know thy rules. This is why real journalism is dead. Every emotional little runt can now whine in print with the internet.
If you are directing at me, and insinuating some type of legalistic superiority dry up....now YOU, Mr. Rule poster...on a direct drop back and Parsons is rushing from the end or attempting to loop around, genius rule repeater...tell me how Parsons is then away from the action. Now give me a rock solid distance that applies for all defensive players rushing the quarterback. If you comment, use your own time and accountability. You still didn't understand what Parsons was saying was wrong.

You now saying all rushers on a drop back are away from action? Just go back to sleep then...Just like refs called completed passes were not, until that was clarified also.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you are directing at me, and insinuating some type of legalistic superiority dry up....now YOU, Mr. Rule poster...on a direct drop back and Parsons is rushing from the end or attempting to loop around, genius rule repeater...tell me how Parsons is then away from the action. Now give me a rock solid distance that applies for all defensive players rushing the quarterback. If you comment, use your own time and accountability. You still didn't understand what Parsons was saying was wrong.

You now saying all rushers on a drop back are away from action? Just go back to sleep then...Just like refs called completed passes were not, until that was clarified also.
Oh yea, legalistic he thought he was a Giant as well as authorized with legitimacy also.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There is some sense to be made about that. Much like passes which are uncatchable and why PI isn’t called.

The more Parsons speaks out about it the less it’s going to help him. He’s coming off like a Whiner.

Our coaching staff and front office need to call it out not the players.
Fans at home games can call it out on big screen replays and that will attract attention as well. The media will immediately expose calls with fans calling out holds as well. I can see a non-call in some cases on pass plays, but with the ball in the air and some reasonableness to opportunity?

One can't allow a penalty not to be called due to distance. Is there then infringement or off sides away from the ball also? No, they are making a more fluid excitement at the expense of playing by legitimate rules. This isn't a pee wee league and people get hurt when rules are just up and ignored.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fans at home games can call it out on big screen replays and that will attract attention as well. The media will immediately expose calls with fans calling out holds as well. I can see a non-call in some cases on pass plays, but with the ball in the air and some reasonableness to opportunity?

One can't allow a penalty not to be called due to distance. Is there then infringement or off sides away from the ball also? No, they are making a more fluid excitement at the expense of playing by legitimate rules. This isn't a pee wee league and people get hurt when rules are just up and ignored.
I don’t think it’s just about distance but whether it impacts the play.

Holding could arguably be called on every play. But if it’s not blatantly impacting the action away from the ball or directly impacting the play, I don’t have a problem with no call.

We have enough ticky tacky calls and stoppage of the game with play reviews.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There has never been a player in the history of the league quicker off the snap than Dwight Freeney. I watched every game he played in Syracuse in person and he was insane. Anyways…..
I can agree with that. His short area quickness was second to none. I still prefer the explosive speed of the Derrick Thomas and Micah Parson variety.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys News: Micah Parsons Reveals Referees' Excuses​

Parsons told reporters that he does occasionally talk with the officials after they blow another holding non-call against him. And they've told him that he "couldn't make the play" so they didn't call it.

But the excuse doesn't even make sense. Micah Parsons can make plays most defenders can't, so you'd think he'd draw more holding calls than someone who can't make as many plays. And how are referees going to determine in the heat of the play whether Parsons could make the play or not?

https://sportdfw.com/posts/micah-pa...81b9dd311b4397877799c50d75a9908aea6d11e4470ce
This is a big reason why for the past 2-3 seasons, I have rightfully called out the referees for helping opposing teams against the Cowboys. Like you said, "Holding is holding!" Period!

Them referees have been biased and most definitely helping other teams. When they refuse to throw holding calls being made on Micah and it shows on video, that proves without a question of a doubt that the referees are cheating.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

If Micah Parsons records one sack in Buffalo tomorrow, he joins all time greats Reggie White, Derrick Thomas and Dwight Freeney with 40 or more sacks in their first 3 seasons. Amazing.

With 4 games left, if Micah is able to accumulate 5+ QB sacks, he will pass Derrick Thomas as #2 on this list.

Let's go, Micah Parsons! You can do it!
:starspin:

GINeric

Reaction score

If Micah Parsons records one sack in Buffalo tomorrow, he joins all time greats Reggie White, Derrick Thomas and Dwight Freeney with 40 or more sacks in their first 3 seasons. Amazing.

That's a great milestone for Micah!!

On another note, Reggie White was able to get 52 as a defensive tackle??? Sheesh!!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

he will be 2nd on that rare list by end of season

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s just about distance but whether it impacts the play.

Holding could arguably be called on every play. But if it’s not blatantly impacting the action away from the ball or directly impacting the play, I don’t have a problem with no call.

We have enough ticky tacky calls and stoppage of the game with play reviews.
That is a generalization. It sounds reasonable as you state, but a fistful of jersey in hand or an arm around the body of the rusher are something that is a violation.

The trick is the strike and maintaining leveraged contact with arm extention.

Call the penalties as that just introduces unfair advantages by cheating lines for a team run by a system of cheating as with a Bill Bellichick team. Does everyone think a Houston Astro World Series cheating is worth the loss of integrity as well? How about Denver's current coach as well?

Too many just to keep enforcing during games? How about just starting a flag football league where forearms to the face and arm bars are ignored?