One NFC East Game Down. Five More To Go

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8mykOuZ.png

In my opinion, the early indication is that the Giants will be a sweep this season. Washington had the media talking heads' favorites, the Eagles, on their heels before adjusting and beating them. Even so, they did not show enough to make me believe the Cowboys cannot sweep them also.

6-0 in the division does not seem unreasonable if Kellen Moore can keep this offense humming and Marinelli squeezes improvement out of the defense. Expectedly, the Eagles *seems* to be the obstacle to going undefeated in the division.

csirl

Reaction score
'Skins arent that good. Dolphins are rebuilding. This must be the easist group of early season fixtures we ever had. Should go 3-0.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Keep in mind that last year’s Cowboys team, with all their flaws, went 5-1 in this division. This team should at least achieve that. The only game I see in peril is the road game against the Eagles in late December.

Both Washington and New York are bad football teams. By week 3, the Cowboys will be in the top 5 of all these silly rankings that pundits like to do.

But the real head scratcher for me this off-season was everyone picking the Eagles for the Super Bowl. Wentz is overrated and that’ll be crystal clear by the end of this season.

GenoT

Reaction score
Saw exactly what I was hoping to see in our opener vs NYG at home. We built a first-half lead and continued to dominate, to the point that we could sub out some starters in the 4th quarter and give the backups some snaps.

Unlike last season’s opener vs CAR, we came out and took care of business. People may say, “it’s just the Giants”, but the point is, we were facing a weaker opponent and the Cowboys did what a contending team is supposed to do vs a team that is still rebuilding.

DC will definitely be tested this season, but if we can tighten up a few things on defense, and the offense continues to improve, then we’re definitely capable of sweeping this division and having an otherwise great season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants will be fighting with Miami for the # 1 pick in the draft. Dead-skins need care and should not be underestimated at any cost esp in D.C. Philly well all guns need to be blazing.
Away games haven't been favorable mostly for Dak so this week game is a good test for our offense.
And it begins.....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants will be fighting with Miami for the # 1 pick in the draft. Dead-skins need care and should not be underestimated at any cost esp in D.C. Philly well all guns need to be blazing.
Away games haven't been favorable mostly for Dak so this week game is a good test for our offense.
And it begins.....

Dak’s 15-9 in road games in his career, and 10 of his 14 comeback wins have been on the road. FYI.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
8mykOuZ.png

In my opinion, the early indication is that the Giants will be a sweep this season. Washington had the media talking heads' favorites, the Eagles, on their heels before adjusting and beating them. Even so, they did not show enough to make me believe the Cowboys cannot sweep them also.

6-0 in the division does not seem unreasonable if Kellen Moore can keep this offense humming and Marinelli squeezes improvement out of the defense. Expectedly, the Eagles *seems* to be the obstacle to going undefeated in the division.

+1000%.......FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT priority is sweeping division.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dak’s 15-9 in road games in his career, and 10 of his 14 comeback wins have been on the road. FYI.

You are right Idgit.

However we werent really strong there the last season.

I am looking forward to the next game. See how Moore will gameplan for a road game.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only game we lose in the division is the last one, we'll be resting our starters.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Skins didnt look bad against Philly, and Keenum really played a good game. If our defense comes out against Wash the same way they came out yesterday, Id expect Keenum to hit 300 with some scores as well.

Verdict

Reaction score
8mykOuZ.png

You were on to something until your brought up marinelli. He sucks and needs to go. He is holding the defense back.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were on to something until your brought up marinelli. He sucks and needs to go. He is holding the defense back.
Think Marinelli gets replaced before the end of this season?

15 games to go, with an additional handful of games tacked on if the first game was not a fluke. That is plenty of time for Marinelli and Kris Richard to put their heads together and raise the performance of the defense. I will be concerned about 2020 later.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think the eagles will get us once this year, they are just too good to be swept in back to back seasons

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the eagles will get us once this year, they are just too good to be swept in back to back seasons
I think it will all boil down to which defense can limit the most big plays of the opposing offense.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think it will all boil down to which defense can limit the most big plays of the opposing offense.

Yeah I agree but they have some weapons too and I just don’t see us beating them 4 times in two seasons

Verdict

Reaction score

15 games to go, with an additional handful of games tacked on if the first game was not a fluke. That is plenty of time for Marinelli and Kris Richard to put their heads together and raise the performance of the defense. I will be concerned about 2020 later.

Marinelli has done absolutely zero for the Cowboys defense.

Verdict

Reaction score

No, unfortunately I see Marinelli sticking around but that’s not going to stop me from complaining about him.