One NFC East Game Down. Five More To Go

Sydla

Reaction score
Less than 4-0 against the Skins/Giants would be disappointing.

1-1 against Philly seems like a likely bet. Although the Eagles will probably got 4-0 against the Giants and Skins as well.

JBond

Reaction score
You were on to something until your brought up marinelli. He sucks and needs to go. He is holding the defense back.
That is a bit simplistic. What would you have changed? Be specific. I saw some poor execution. We didn't contain well in our one gap. DE was an issue early.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Less than 4-0 against the Skins/Giants would be disappointing.

1-1 against Philly seems like a likely bet. Although the Eagles will probably got 4-0 against the Giants and Skins as well.
This is the scenario that I am (very) prematurely concerned about most. It would open the door to the tiebreakers, which I always hope Dallas can avoid if possible. Scratch off the top two tiebreakers if that scenario holds:

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Then it becomes a test of which team finishes best against every other opponent on their perspective schedules:
  1. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Strength of victory.
  4. Strength of schedule.
  5. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  6. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best net points in common games.
  8. Best net points in all games.
  9. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  10. Coin toss
I do like how the improved offense may assist with strength of victory and the lower tiebreakers weighed heavily with points criteria. The defense could help the cause by cranking up the turnovers and contribute a few fumble recoveries and pick-six returns for touchdowns too. Even field goal points off turnovers will not hurt things either

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan