One of the Biggest Problems with Our Running Game

fivetwos

Reaction score
Is it just me? Or does it seem like we're a run-to-set-up-the-pass team?

The Cowboys have done this forever as the league has passed them by.

It's a passing league, for a reason. And I get the reasons for running; it gives you lots of advantages like eating up the clock, TOP, wearing down the defense.

When teams play us, they seem to be keying in on the run more...

With the decline in production from our run game, wouldn't it be more prudent of us to pass in order to set up the run game?

I've been arguing this for a while now. They started doing for a few games, but I haven't seen much of that since..

Using that strategy could possibly help breathe some life into the running game.
IMO the biggest problem with the run game is Moore with his "tells."

I said this last November when teams seemed to know when a run play was coming, and rarely did we gain more than a couple yards on a play.

Remember Moores mentors philosophy was to just beat your man. Didn't care if the opponent knew what was coming.

Not sold on this blocking scheme either but that's secondary to the defense knowing run vs pass per things like pre snap motion.

kskboys

Reaction score
IMO the biggest problem with the run game is Moore with his "tells."

I said this last November when teams seemed to know when a run play was coming, and rarely did we gain more than a couple yards on a play.

Remember Moores mentors philosophy was to just beat your man. Didn't care if the opponent knew what was coming.

Not sold on this blocking scheme either but that's secondary to the defense knowing run vs pass per things like pre snap motion.
Pretty much what I was going to say.

It's our propensity to show the other team what we're fixing to do that leads to all those Defenders making contact w/ the RB in the backfield, all too often as soon as he gets the ball.

quickccc

Reaction score
Having Moore as OC is like still having Garrett as HC.
They both Suck.

- Notice how brilliant Boy Wonder was with everyone was in 1st half of the season with the offense. Next Sean Payton 2.0 ... next heir apparent Cowboys HC , etc.

- 2nd half season struggles ! , then .he's a dud, .. bum... loser.....incompetent, ...he sux ....get him outta here ! :rolleyes: