One of the most underrated players of all time

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, this is what real haters do. They make fun of previous successful Cowboys leaders. When you finally want to learn about Troy Aikman, listen to Jimmy Johnson's HOF induction speech for Troy. He'll reset your misconceptions.

Google it!
It’s a HOF speech. :rolleyes:

leeblair

Reaction score
Yes, his 59.5% completion percentage was impressive.
His three Super Bowl rings were, too.
You guys love stats.
How many Super Bowl rings does Dak have?
That is the only stat that counts.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So, this is what real haters do. They make fun of previous successful Cowboys leaders. When you finally want to learn about Troy Aikman, listen to Jimmy Johnson's HOF induction speech for Troy. He'll reset your misconceptions.

Google it!
I don't need to I watched it. The Cowboys had the best team ever assembled. When they did not Troy could not carry them.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/troy-aikman-win-loss-record-by-year

Everyone fell in love with Troy and winning SB's, but when you go back and actually look at his stats, they are Elli Manningish at best.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak had a 400+ yard game in the playoffs this year after the defense started playing prevent and put in non-starters when the the score got out of hand. What did that prove or accomplish? These type of stats don’t mean the QB is dominant or whatever.

Bagman

Reaction score
I'll go with L.P. Ladouceur. The guy was perfect for 16 years at an extremely important but underrated position. Basically threw a no-hitter every game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Certainly highly underrated although I don’t know about all time.

I get the win in the playoffs crowd, but even they can't deny the numbers he puts up. I'd rather roll with him, than start over. At least he gives us a chance.....a couple of plays away. He'll break through soon...at least that's the way I see it. Some already have their minds set and will respond to this with negativity. That's cool, makes them happy to be miserable. Is that an oxymoron? Lol

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'll post it again. Here is how Dak rates versus his peers in passer rating:
2nd, 16th, 3rd, 10th, 14th, 17th, 3rd
Average: 9.3

If you have Dak around the 9th best QB in the NFL, you are probably rating him correctly. The people who think he sucks are wrong. The people who think he is a top QB are wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I get the win in the playoffs crowd, but even they can't deny the numbers he puts up. I'd rather roll with him, than start over. At least he gives us a chance.....a couple of plays away. He'll break through soon...at least that's the way I see it. Some already have their minds set and will respond to this with negativity. That's cool, makes them happy to be miserable. Is that an oxymoron? Lol
Not sure but totally agree.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I see it like GM Jethro may break through soon. Tony and Dak were/are both good enough QB's to win a SB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only underrated as a choke artist against any difficult defense.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no denying that it helps the Cowboys cause greatly that they play in a weak division that assures them of 4 wins per season. Aside from that, they're handicapped with a front office that's unwilling to utilize veteran free agency to serve their roster. Their QB wins predictably in the regular season, but swoons in the playoffs. Our fans are split with those who argue constantly over their liking of Dak and MM, however. The front office is also a testy pair for their fans base to swallow easily, for sure.

Unfortunately, our defense has been subject to poor run defense coverage as well with an unreliable defensive tackle and linebacker situation to hold the team hostage. Hopefully, that might be improved upon in the season yet to come. Will Dak and HC McCarthy manage to rebound in the playoffs in the future that lies ahead? We have an ongoing offensive conundrum that begs to be resolved at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'll post it again. Here is how Dak rates versus his peers in passer rating:
2nd, 16th, 3rd, 10th, 14th, 17th, 3rd
Average: 9.3

If you have Dak around the 9th best QB in the NFL, you are probably rating him correctly. The people who think he sucks are wrong. The people who think he is a top QB are wrong.
A while back, I commented that most normal people
have Dak ranked between 8 and 11. The chick that spells
"Cowboys" backwards flipped her wig and claimed I had multiple "biases"...lol/smh

No matter where he's ranked, the season ending outcome has turned stale. If Dallas were the Harlem Globetrotters and had the NY Giants travel with them to get "beat" around the world, Dak is the guy. However, the talent level of NFL teams raises greatly (bigly) in the playoffs and he's not up to task in that setting.

gtb1943

Reaction score
the numbers he puts up in the regulars season does not excuse his failures in playoffs
you seem unable to make that connection