One player I'm surprised we aren't discussing is Julio Jones

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He is done. Anyone that has watched tape of his last 2 maybe even 3 seasons knows this. If we signed this guy, that would be the icing on the cake of this crappy off season.

Batman1980

Reaction score
If you looked in the dictionary for "washed up" you might see a picture of him there!

1pmE.gif

Motorola

Reaction score
Julio Jones.

But I'm glad he isn't rumored to be a Cowboy.

He just isn't what he used to be and can't stay healthy.

I would take him on a one year deal at $3 million.

He'll most likely end up as a Colt though with Matt Ryan throwing to him.
Jones won't be a Colt - or a Cowboy - or anything else this spring into the summer.
The surprise would be any team picking him up before training camp starts.

Despite trading the 2nd round 2022 & 4th round 2023 picks to the Falcons-
Despite his 2022 salary being fully guaranteed-

The Titans have made Jones a post - June 1st cut (getting back $9.5 million in cap space)
and will carry an $8.4 million dead cap hit in 2023.
That how much the Tennessee GM thought of him after only one season = only 10 games, 31 catches for 434 yds and 1 TD.

Reaction score
Julio Jones.

Dumping more money into the wr position isn't going to help this team. A superstar TE would be better for Dak to throw too, TEs are more his speed so to speak. Even better, put that money into the defense or OL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tyrann deserves a decent check. Jones is absolutely washed and does not, he's in for a rude awakening if he wants to play this year. I don't see him going here, though. Gallup, Lamb and Washington plus Schultz means there would be plays where he could be the 5th read and his ego won't allow that.

Exactly, and I think the longer he delays, the less his contract will be, and he'd be wise to take a 1 year deal somewhere.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Julio Jones.

He’s not being discussed because of everything you mentioned. Julio is pretty much done.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rapoport is out of his mind if he thinks a team is it going to offer Julio a lot of money. He hasn’t played more than 10 games in each of the last two seasons and he’s only scored four TDs. His production has gone way down and he’s injury prone.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Julio Jones.

Agreed, JJ is injury prone and sadly he is no longer dynamite!

lwehlers

Reaction score
….so are you glad that “he’s not rumored to be a Cowboy” or “ you would take him for a one year deal”? :confused:
i am a little bit of both. i think he would be great receiver on a one year deal. who do we have after washington and also gallup may not full speed until quarter into the season. the negative against jones is he is always injured and getting paid free money every year.

conner01

Reaction score
Julio’s career nosedived. From top WR and feared to “a guy.” Yes for cheap I’d take him for a lob in the corner but overall it’s a hard pass.
Julio has always been allergic to the end zone
Between the 20’s he’s still a decent player when he’s healthy which hasn’t been in years
For a cheap deal I’d take him
For what he’s worth, not what he thinks he’s worth