One stat to end the Dak debate

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Its so far out, its a joke. MAYBE he tops 40 million. MAYBE. And at some point these salaries for QB's are going to have to level out and not continue to sky rocket. Because at some point, it will get stupid and will really hurt the teams.

Jerry tried briefly to get a rule saying that it capped salaries at certain amounts for certain position, but I guess it didn't fly. Needs to be done.
I read they already offered him 40 a year for 7 years, and he turned it down.
he will get 45 avg, or that is my prediction.

Qcard

Reaction score

Great wind up! Typical fail....these Dak Haters think they are inventing the wheel.

The OPs take is just a lukewarm way of saying you can't build a contending team around Market Value QB contract.

Just regurgitated nonsense..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the reason I think 45 average is not far fetched, first its 2 years from now, then he probably will be getting a 5 year contract (assuming 5) and thus projecting averages over the next 7 years.....his cap hit his first year maybe 40-45. but just like most other elite contracts, they get backloaded to allow the team to renegotiate and push money further down the road...….
the problem with that is eventually they get down the road lol, and in those years they will be paying
the qb huge piece of the cap.
and they have to hit the low cap years with a good team , good enough to go all the way, and that is hard to do. a mahomes down the road year might be 55 mil for that one year.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think that stat is an anomaly. There were many times that Brady was over the 13%. They just happened to be the years they didn't win the SB.

Are we suggesting that Brady's salary percentage effected his motivation and desire? I wouldnt.

There are players that are not effected by salary.

Not a QB but Emmitt got paid in 93 after holding out. How did that turn out?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There are all sorts of stats that say the odds of something happening are to great. In all of the NFC championship games the team that score second only won 4 times and then in the 93 season NFC championship game the Cowboys scored second and won that game. The odds were totally against them doing it. If before the string started what would have been the odds that the NFC would win 16 Super Bowls in a row. There are only 3 things that can't be broken in the NFL. The longest run from scrimmage, the longest pass completion from scrimmage and the longest kickoff return. Everything else can be broken.
That is true, but I am talking odds, not guarantee's.
Odds are it wont happen , but it could sure.
question is how often do you really think it would happen?

Flamma

Reaction score
Wait a minute....

The Patriot championships defy logic. If they had won a single Super Bowl then you might say they got lucky, they won a Super Bowl when all indications suggest that it absolutely defies the odds.

You cant cant say that about the Patriots. In fact you must agree that their opponent in that undefeated season, the 9-7 Giants were the classic example of defying logic.

But any statement declaring that the Patriots defied logic is, well,..... Illogical.

The Giants were a 10-6 team when they defeated the undefeated Patriots. I'm not saying any single super bowl defies logic. I'm saying that a single coach and quarterback reaching 9 super bowls defies logic.

Qcard

Reaction score
No team in NFL history has ever won a Super Bowl while paying their QB 13% or more of the salary cap.
Dak wants up to 20% of the cap.
It would be highly unlikely for Dallas to be the exception to this rule. Please move on, and start building a deep contender. Thank You.

Too many variables brother...TV contracts, dumb GMs and elite QBs. Guys like Mahomes, Watson and Jackson are $200M guys...13% of an imaginary pie doesn't work in negotiations

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think that stat is an anomaly. There were many times that Brady was over the 13%. They just happened to be the years they didn't win the SB.

Are we suggesting that Brady's salary percentage effected his motivation and desire? I wouldnt.

There are players that are not effected by salary.

Not a QB but Emmitt got paid in 93 after holding out. How did that turn out?
it isnt about motivation, or single player output, it is about having the money to build a all around good team.
If you spend too much on one guy or a few guys, it is harder to build a good overall team good enough to go the distance.
Brady lost 2 close SB's to the giants, could one more good player for pats made a difference? yes it could.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That is true, but I am talking odds, not guarantee's.
Odds are it wont happen , but it could sure.
question is how often do you really think it would happen?

Gee do you think the teams that have never won or gone to a Super Bowl tell themselves why bother trying because we've never done it? Things like having the odds against you is sometimes the greatest encouragement a team or player needs to do it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yikes, you know you wrote something unpopular when you check your 8 alerts and they are all quotes.

I'm bustin' out. Later.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Teams with no chance in 2020 - tell them to stay home.

Capture.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why do you guys think brady was playing cheap for several years????????:huh:
you think he didnt want the money or deserved the money??
He was trying to give his team more money for other players of value, because no matter how good a qb is they need a good team around them
to win a SB.
If he wants to win another one in TB he should have signed for less money than he did there. like 22 mil a year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the reason I think 45 average is not far fetched, first its 2 years from now, then he probably will be getting a 5 year contract (assuming 5) and thus projecting averages over the next 7 years.....his cap hit his first year maybe 40-45. but just like most other elite contracts, they get backloaded to allow the team to renegotiate and push money further down the road...….

Nonsense. And if that actually happens it will be because the salary cap goes up the same way so its a moot point.