Ones got to go (Cowboys DT depth chart 2022)

starfan1

Reaction score
Bohanna has only played one rookie season. Damn, give it at least a little time.
Way or may not have that luxury if it comes down to a final roster spot which is the premise of the thread

our Dline has been holding us back in playoffs now since 2014. I’d rather they drop the vet but we truly need someone to step up here

kskboys

Reaction score
In 4 man fronts designed for run/pass balance, I'd expect Hill to be the starting 1T.
That's a sign of how little we've got in the interior dline.
Highly unlikely we'll have a super bowl quality DLine until we start prioritizing it, and making intelligent picks(Not projects).

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I tend to agree, but I think Bohanna is right there as a possibility also. He was not that impressive last year either, as Hill has shown flashes at times when not injured.

This is Hill's make or break year for sure. As you said, he needs a great TC.

Bohanna was a rookie last year

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 4 man fronts designed for run/pass balance, I'd expect Hill to be the starting 1T.
That's a sign of how little we've got in the interior dline.
The DLine tends to perform opposite of pre-camp fan expectations.

May 2020 fans predicted a great DL with McCoy, Poe and some young players...

Last season the predictions were 1-16 with the weakest link being the DL.

Hopefully Risen is hyper-critical of the DL this year because that will guarantee success.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm hoping Bo and Ridgeway are good enough that they part with Watkins. And you know Cheap Steve would love to dump a vet contract.

I don't get why everyone is so in love with Ridgeway, though. Just because he said a bunch of tough-sounding rednecky things? As always, talk is cheap.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The DLine tends to perform opposite of pre-camp fan expectations.

May 2020 fans predicted a great DL with McCoy, Poe and some young players...

Last season the predictions were 1-16 with the weakest link being the DL.

IN 2020 McCoy and Poe were talented older players coming off injury. If they had gas left, they'd be our best interior pair in a while. As it turns out, Poe had no gas, and McCoy couldn't come back from his injury. Players break. They run out of gas. It happens. It was disappointing to whiff on both. But especially McCoy, who had a great health history until we got him. Only managed one game last year with the Raiders too.

Last season, interior dline was the weakest link. And we added Ridgway and ... nothing. There's some uncertainty with Hill's injury status, but we're more certain that we *haven't* seen much out of anyone we've got. Anyone besides Gallimore being decent would be a surprise.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm hoping Bo and Ridgeway are good enough that they part with Watkins. And you know Cheap Steve would love to dump a vet contract.

I don't get why everyone is so in love with Ridgeway, though. Just because he said a bunch of tough-sounding rednecky things? As always, talk is cheap.
Ridgeway is big and tougher'n nails and cannot be moved. He's the type we've been needing. That's why people are excited.

Only thing we have to find out now is if he's talented enough. I've seen some that had him as a 2nd round pick. What bothers is that he lacks explosiveness and has slow hands. Has leverage issues at times due to being too tall, but that can often be worked out. What impresses is that he moved bodies in the SEC, and that is impressive. Great run defender. He's the type when he gets his hands on a RB, play's over. So, the question is, will he be quick enough to get his hands on the ball carrier? Will he make plays, or will he just solidify the spot? He would most likely have cut SF's run game down, might have been the difference.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ridgeway is big and tougher'n nails and cannot be moved. He's the type we've been needing. That's why people are excited.

Only thing we have to find out now is if he's talented enough. I've seen some that had him as a 2nd round pick. What bothers is that he lacks explosiveness and has slow hands. Has leverage issues at times due to being too tall, but that can often be worked out. What impresses is that he moved bodies in the SEC, and that is impressive. Great run defender. He's the type when he gets his hands on a RB, play's over. So, the question is, will he be quick enough to get his hands on the ball carrier? Will he make plays, or will he just solidify the spot? He would most likely have cut SF's run game down, might have been the difference.
Rookie Ridgeway mightve been the difference. :omg:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watch him vs Georgia...it was not good...the Georgia OL dominated him.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I would have traded Tristan by now....but feel like all they could get for him is a half eaten Snickers bar and a open can of Coke Zero. What a bust. :thumbdown: