Online dating

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two years ago I signed up for a site that was supposed to be for golfers. I thought it would be cool to meet some female golfers to be friends with and it might lead to dating but of course, it was bogus, not one of the girls who I reached out to actually golfed. I ended up deleting my account after a few weeks.
Never even heard of that one.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Two years ago I signed up for a site that was supposed to be for golfers. I thought it would be cool to meet some female golfers to be friends with and it might lead to dating but of course, it was bogus, not one of the girls who I reached out to actually golfed. I ended up deleting my account after a few weeks.
Weird that girls would join a site for golfers if they weren’t into golf.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Weird that girls would join a site for golfers if they weren’t into golf.
It ended up being a kind of scam, they had a secondary URL they branded as a site to meet up with golfers of the opposite sex to get people to sign up.

Then when you get into the site it is just like any other dating site.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Looks aren’t EVERYTHING, but they’re SOMETHING.
They're a start.
But pictures can be different from real life.

I user POF and Match for about 10 plus years.

Met current wife on Match.

First dates are more like interviews for what you're looking for.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
I’ve signed up for a few sites. I don’t have high hopes. Most make you pay if you want to reply to messages.
I think I’ll have more luck just getting out there with friends, going to see bands, going dancing or out to eat. We’ll see.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve signed up for a few sites. I don’t have high hopes. Most make you pay if you want to reply to messages.
I think I’ll have more luck just getting out there with friends, going to see bands, going dancing or out to eat. We’ll see.
This is in no way a recommendation, but Plenty of Fish is free.

catiii

Reaction score
Finding myself recently single after years off the market, I’m considering dipping my toes into the online dating world. I’m nervous about it. Do you have any experience or tips for me?
One of the most dangerous things you can do.
Signed,
retired cop

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Divorced unexpectedly after 17 years…..I joined Tinder (almost as a way to cope) and I can confirm it works for “short term fun” I swiped right on a girl that also swiped right and a day later she was asking for me to get a babysitter and come to her house, she was a verified profile so not a scam lol, I didn’t go through with it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the most dangerous things you can do.
Signed,
retired cop
If you're not careful, yes. But with prudence you can make it no worse than meeting someone at the supermarket.

Every relationship requires taking a chance, even setups by friends. The most important thing is to take your time and not take anyone at face value.

Havic

Reaction score
Worth a shot at least? Might try hanging out with friends at a bar.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Completely? Or just to do certain things? I’ve found most have a free level, but you can’t get very far without paying.
I tried it for a brief spell before I met my current wife. Couldn't get past it though and all the fake profiles. Just as bad as a lot of social media itself. Ended up meeting my current wife at work. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, because I know several people who have met their spouse online, but I'm still old fashioned on this, I guess.

I'll tell you this.... if you keep posting cute pics of your avatar here, I guarantee you'll get plenty of free online PMs from here, many you probably won't even want. LOL I'm sure there's plenty of lonely males in a football forum.