Only Dallas media member who did their job today

NumOneQB

Reaction score
yet both Vrabel and Belichick are on the street looking for a job even thought they're so awesome. What exactly has Vrabel won? And Belichick crashed and burned as soon as his lighting in a bottle was gone.
Lightning in a bottle??? Ok, that’s way understating what he accomplished for 20 something years in New England. I think Bill could get this current squad out of the 1st round at easily.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The restaurant analogy going around lately explains this-
  • A rich man buys a famous restaurant that had lost some of its luster.
  • The rich owner hires a great chef named Jimmy who turns this restaurant into the best in the country.
  • The awards pour in. This is now the most decorated eatery. But the owner gets jealous of all the credit his chef Jimmy is getting. They clash. Chef Jimmy leaves.
  • At first Jimmy’s recipes continue. But over time, the quality of the food declines.
  • The owner begins making himself the centerpiece of the restaurant. He decides he will never again hire a star chef.
  • Loyal customers agree the food isn’t that good anymore. But they keep going because of past reputation.
  • Mediocre chefs continue getting hired. But as the food continues to decline, the owner blames the chef, taking no responsibility for hiring them

elcowboi

Reaction score
Jerry will never give full control to a coach. He will continue to undermine this team by be complacent.

Blue64

Reaction score
You know why the players like McCarthy?
Because there is no accountability!!!!

All those other coaches would make the players accountable for their inactions!
Don’t think some of them did not go crying to JJ after the game to keep McCarthy, he’s the head of the cowboys country club with JJ as the ringleader.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
That one read top 10 quarterback

And your top 10 quarterback really steps up when he needs to.
My top 10 QB?? I probably shouldn’t even respond to childish comment like this but I will. If you can remove personal bias aside (highly doubt you can speak objectively judging by your comments) stats don’t lie. He’s a top 10 QB and Matt Jones isn’t even worthy of being a NFL starter. We can argue post season performance all day long in the Dak hate thread….

amame25

Reaction score
My top 10 QB?? I probably shouldn’t even respond to childish comment like this but I will. If you can remove personal bias aside (highly doubt you can speak objectively judging by your comments) stats don’t lie. He’s a top 10 QB and Matt Jones isn’t even worthy of being a NFL starter. We can argue post season performance all day long in the Dak hate thread….
I don't have to hate dak to understand that he's nothing more than a bus driver that needs to have all the pieces around him perfect or he falls apart. He had me fooled for a good portion of the year as I made excuses for the Cowboys losses to good teams but once again his nonsense reared it's ugly head when it was needed for him to step up. Stats don't mean jack.

zerofill

Reaction score
I don't for one second think Belichick was interested in the job. I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

He wants control over the player choices. He and Kraft butt heads in the past a few times.
He and Jerry would have definitely butt heads lol.

plymkr

Reaction score
According to Slater, Vrabel, Harbaugh, and Belichick all wanted to coach the Cowboys.
Disciplined head coaches who would at least impose an accountability culture in the locker room.
Sometimes I wonder if Jerry doesn’t want accountability and discipline. I think it meets an ego need for him to be the guy the players turn to when they’re upset or in trouble.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"Ask a lot of the Cowboys players when they go to another organization they're like, 'Wow, we've got it pretty good here in Frisco with Jerry Jones.'"

That is a powerful and incriminating statement.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry hates firing coaches, even bad ones. He'd rather let contract expire then move on. it's another reason why he doesn't build a team that can compete for championships.