Only Jerry Jones could do this. And our fans will eat it up

Without reading your whole post due to time, my question to you is who would you realistically go after, that is available by trade or whatever?

You are not wrong about it dire need at DE right now and any one of us can make a legit argument that Jones did a crappy job addressing that (even though they did try, they unlike many previous years), but that ship has sailed and the milk has been spilled for some time now.

Right now, in the current, the who is realistically available that we can realistically get withouy giving up the farm (that is quite thin already) that would be any different than what we have already?

Like I said, we will have our struggles til some of our young guys get some traction under their feet if that even happens and we have to live with that.

We did get a guy that does fill a big need on our defense and that was because he was available. We will see what happens with the pass rush going forward.
 
Without reading your whole post due to time, my question to you is who would you realistically go after, that is available by trade or whatever?

You are not wrong about it dire need at DE right now and any one of us can make a legit argument that Jones did a crappy job addressing that (even though they did try, they unlike many previous years), but that ship has sailed and the milk has been spilled for some time now.

Right now, in the current, the who is realistically available that we can realistically get withouy giving up the farm (that is quite thin already) that would be any different than what we have already?

Like I said, we will have our struggles til some of our young guys get some traction under their feet if that even happens and we have to live with that.

We did get a guy that does fill a big need on our defense and that was because he was available. We will see what happens with the pass rush going forward.
No one - I would realistically want them to do nothing, Porter doesnt fix the sieve that is the run defense, he doesnt fix the pass rush issues as much as you guys want to pretend having a good corner makes pass rushing better.
 
Cowboys defense is trash and needs multiple players.
player acquisition isn't shopping at Wal-Mart where whatever you need is available pretty much whenever you need it.

adding proven talent is about all you can ask for at this time of year.

plus, we've spent quite a bit on EDGE players in recent drafts. too early to abandon those investments.
 
A good chance that they do a lot better than you think.
Doubt that i had them at under 9 wins this season.

Nothing I have seen makes me believe I am wrong.

Seeing you favourite HC make that many mistakes in the 2 minute drill doesnt make me believe I am wrong.
Seeing you favourite HC beg Dak to like him, makes me believe he is one of those guys who NEEDS to be liked.

Not a trait of a leader. At all.
 
Dumb post

Who said cowboys can’t also go get a pass rusher?

This idea that oh we traded for the wrong player / position is so naive and stupid. Cowboys defense is trash and needs multiple players. Get as many good players on this defense as you can get. Now go get a pass rusher too before the deadline
Also, Porter may have been the best deal on the table
 
No one - I would realistically want them to do nothing, Porter doesnt fix the sieve that is the run defense, he doesnt fix the pass rush issues as much as you guys want to pretend having a good corner makes pass rushing better.
Well we didn't pay squat for him. I don't see any harm, but only good in the move.

Will it solve or defensive problems? As I said, most likely not, but it does improve upon one problem and that is CB.

Problem is you are relating the two problems acting like we are ignoring the DE positions, so I only state that unfortunately there is no outside answer for that position.

I agree 100% with you that pass rush helps CBs more than vice versa. And although I think our inner defensive run defense is better, our outside run defense still something to be desired.

I also do think CP is learning on the job unfortunately, but I we shall see
 
I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of the man that Jerry Jones is, greed is an ugly outlier.. BUT- We all have been clamoring for our team to make moves for good players when the chance is there and Porter is a big upgrade over what we currently have for the short term so there isn't not much to like about it, especially in our depleted secondary. I might be in the minority here, but I feel like stopping the run is something we're going to be better at, but secondary has a big lack of talent that can stay on the field.
 
I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of the man that Jerry Jones is, greed is an ugly outlier.. BUT- We all have been clamoring for our team to make moves for good players when the chance is there and Porter is a big upgrade over what we currently have for the short term so there isn't not much to like about it, especially in our depleted secondary. I might be in the minority here, but I feel like stopping the run is something we're going to be better at, but secondary has a big lack of talent that can stay on the field.
They are allowing 180 yards on the ground a game.

They were actually worse against Baltimore - And i dont care that they stopped Henry twice.
 
Is there a law that says we have to get the pass rusher first? How about we obtain good players when we have a chance.
We have played 12 Dbs and its only week 3.

Anyone thinking this D was going to be anything other than a work in progress this season was deluded. Anyone thinking the D that was implementing a new system with new coaches and a crap load of new players would be good 3 weeks in are just stupid.

Even Jimmy didn't come in and wave a magic wand and fix everything in one year. Give Parker a chance.
Schotty on the other hand...better start making better choices. Especially at the end of games.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,033
Messages
14,658,432
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top