Only three teams in the NFL had to play three road games in a row

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What drives me crazy is it seems like the last game of the year always seems to be on the road.

Is it not possible to have the last game of the regular season at home for a change?

Nope.. Goodell wants the Cowboys to be playing on the road in freezing cold in January.. It gives him giggles to watch us struggle so bad in those conditions.. Plus the last time we ended with a home game it was against his beloved Commanders in 2019 when Dak and the Boyz hung a 40 burger on them. It will probably be another decade before we see another home game to end the season.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Only three teams in the NFL had to play three road games in a row this season: Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Dallas.

Only one of these teams won all three of those games: The Dallas Cowboys.
:bow::yourock:
We beat taysom Hill, Taylor Heineke, and Mike Glennon

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You have this one wrong. Only two teams have to do the Sunday-Thursday-Thursday trifecta. The Cowboys and whoever they play on that Thursday night game after Thanksgiving. The rest of the teams play on Thursday night game and get 10 days off afterward leading up to the following Sunday. And in some cases they even play on Monday after a Thursday nighter... I think the Eagles had that going for them when they played the Cowboys on that Monday night game..
I think I get what you're saying, basically the Sunday - Thursday - Thursday is more of a grind than a team doing Sunday - Sunday - Thursday?

Either way its 3 games in 11 days.

Its either:

Sunday - Thursday - Thursday. So short week, regular week, extra time off

or

Sunday - Sunday - Thursday. Regular week, short week, extra time off

I guess your argument is valid. Not sure i agree that its a huge deal, but the concern is reasonable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard Richard Simmons..
lol. Yeah, well, the other Simmons does the voice of the Yellow M&M--which looks very much like his avatar (minus the M).

cartoon-characters-voiced-by-celebrities-5.jpg

phildadon86

Reaction score
Only our fandom reaches this much to seemingly “elevate” the team to make it look better than it does. No other team celebrates such lowly things suck as “3 road wins in a row! Wooo!” Like we do :facepalm:. Sad how low our standards have become. Whatever pleases Skeletor in the Box Suite I suppose.
OR. We dont want to live in negative town with you. Why are you here anyways? Zona lost to detroit so you came back? We are supposed to be out of the playoffs according to you

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think I get what you're saying, basically the Sunday - Thursday - Thursday is more of a grind than a team doing Sunday - Sunday - Thursday?

Either way its 3 games in 11 days.

Its either:

Sunday - Thursday - Thursday. So short week, regular week, extra time off

or

Sunday - Sunday - Thursday. Regular week, short week, extra time off

I guess your argument is valid. Not sure i agree that its a huge deal, but the concern is reasonable.

The key is what happens after the short week... The Cowboys (and their opponent) are the only team asked to play another game 7 days after a short week game.. Every other team gets 10 days after their short week game.. and we all know that break is very much needed. But the Cowboys never get it until they've already absorbed the blows of the abbreviated rest. And in many cases the damage is already done at that point.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next year will be fun since the AFC gets the extra road game. Meaning 1 more Cowboys home game!

gmb1

Reaction score
Wait is this the same Taysom Hill who beat Brady last night? And was that the same Taylor Heineke who beat Brady a couple of weeks ago?

Asking for a friend..
Dang you took my point :laugh:

Are these people actually Cowboy fans or Eagle fans in disguise?

Reaction score
Nope.. Goodell wants the Cowboys to be playing on the road in freezing cold in January.. It gives him giggles to watch us struggle so bad in those conditions.. Plus the last time we ended with a home game it was against his beloved Football Team in 2019 when Dak and the Boyz hung a 40 burger on them. It will probably be another decade before we see another home game to end the season.
The last game of the year should alternate between home and road games. Period.

Motorola

Reaction score
No the Thursday game after Thanksgiving was a relatively new addition to the schedule. I wanna say they only added it within the last 15 years or so.. and it used to be that when the Cowboys played it it was a home game.. They shifted to forcing it to always be an away game like 8-10 years ago. So now the Cowboys play a road game Sunday before Thanksgiving, home game, then road game after.. And frankly it stinks.. It asks too much of the players' bodies and I believe is a big reason why the Cowboys seemed to always stumble down the stretch.. Especially in most of the Romo years.
The team that plays plays the Cowboys has to travel after their Sunday game (home or away) - so that's a wash IMO.
Don't know why fans wring their hands over the Thanksgiving game followed by a game the following Thursday night - it's a full week between (just like Sunday to Sunday) plus the Cowboys get 10 days before the next game. Played Thursday night Dec 2nd @ NO; next game was 10 days later Dec 12 @ WAS.

Creeper

Reaction score
No team should have 3 consecutive home or road games, especially if those road games involved multiple 4 hour flights.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The team that plays plays the Cowboys has to travel after their Sunday game (home or away) - so that's a wash IMO.
Don't know why fans wring their hands over the Thanksgiving game followed by a game the following Thursday night - it's a full week between (just like Sunday to Sunday) plus the Cowboys get 10 days before the next game. Played Thursday night Dec 2nd @ NO; next game was 10 days later Dec 12 @ WAS.

The problem is that EVERY OTHER TEAM that plays a Thursday game gets 10 days off after it.. Only the Cowboys have to play another game 7 days after playing a game on 3 days rest. And of course their opponent. If you don't understand the physical toll that takes then I can't help you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Only our fandom reaches this much to seemingly “elevate” the team to make it look better than it does. No other team celebrates such lowly things suck as “3 road wins in a row! Wooo!” Like we do :facepalm:. Sad how low our standards have become. Whatever pleases Skeletor in the Box Suite I suppose.

Dude what are you talking about. They’re 10-4 and currently the 2 seed in their conference.

They don’t need “fans to elevate” them. Their record is what it is.

elcowboi

Reaction score
Dude are you seriously trying to downplay the degree of difficulty of three straight road games? You probably think the whole 3 games in 11 days around Thanksgiving is no big deal either right? It's amazing the lengths some of you will got to poo poo anything good that happens with the Cowboys.. It's almost like you're not really fans of the Cowboys..

I know an older lady who is only happy when she can complain about something. A lot of people on this board remind me of her.