Onterrio OUT!!! chances go from none to slim

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
MOSSisGOD said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1863483

Good news for the Cowboys, Vikings runningback Onterio Smith will be suspended 4 games and miss the season opener... he is by FAR the best RB in the vikes backfield and now means that sally Micheal Bennett will get most of the carries. Bennett will be easy to contain and now the Cowboys will have a realistic shot to win this football game
Are you serious? Bennett is clearly the best back in the Vikings' backfield. Mike Tice has already said that Bennett would get all the carries this season, even the ones on the goal line that Moe Williams stole.

The only impact this announcement has is for fantasy football people, who can now rest assured that Bennett is a good #2 back. :)

And for the record, Vegas has the Cowboys-Vikings game as basically a pick-em, the Vikings giving 3 because they're the home field. You're awful confident for a team that blew their playoff hopes by losing to a dreadful 4-12 team in the season finale last year. ;)

Sounds to me like you're just trying to make excuses in advance for a Vikings loss.

mullet

Reaction score
yeah. bennett is the man there. onterrio is just a backup.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I agree that Onterrio is a better all around RB then Bennett, but it isn't "By far".

And Bennett is their best "Big play" RB. He might not be great between the tackles, but if he gets some room he could take it all the way.

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Sounds to me like you're just trying to make excuses in advance for a Vikings loss.

This surprises you?? Minnyhaha fans lead the league in excuse-making, followed a close second by the blockheads from Philly.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Controlling Moss is the only thing that matters...no one else on that team can beat us...if we could find a way to hold Moss to 1 td and only a couple big plays, we'd have a shot.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MOSSisGOD said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1863483

Good news for the Cowboys, Vikings runningback Onterio Smith will be suspended 4 games and miss the season opener... he is by FAR the best RB in the vikes backfield and now means that sally Micheal Bennett will get most of the carries. Bennett will be easy to contain and now the Cowboys will have a realistic shot to win this football game

I wasnt really shaking in my boots over your backup RB anyway

we got all the help we needed to win this game when Parcells and Jones got rid of #17

David

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
I think some of you might have missed the sarcasm in MOSSISGOD's original post. I'm more worried about Moss than Bennett or Smith for that matter. He's blistered us repeatedly and he must be stopped!!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Waffle said:
I think some of you might have missed the sarcasm in MOSSISGOD's original post. I'm more worried about Moss than Bennett or Smith for that matter. He's blistered us repeatedly and he must be stopped!!!

Moss hasnt really blistered anyone on this team in years...when was the last time we played, 2000 season?

alot of the people on our team werent here then, and niether was Bill Parcells

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waffle said:

Moss has a personal reason to burn the cowboys.....he REALLY wanted to be a cowboy and he knew there was a cowboy rep in a hotel in his hometown so he thought he was going to be a cowboy.....every since then he has made it clear that he wants to burn the cowboys and brings his A-Game.

I do not think he can be stopped one on one so we better hope that dixon or williams can do some good plays in coverage.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Moss hasnt really blistered anyone on this team in years...when was the last time we played, 2000 season?

alot of the people on our team werent here then, and niether was Bill Parcells

David

I agree with the last part of your post, but we faced Minnesota in 2002 and Moss has been a nusiance to us since he came into the league. I'm sure Bill will have something up his sleeve for Randy...hopefully!!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'll admit that I wanted to draft Onterrio in the 4th last year, it was good value for him.

4 game suspensions are nothing to sneeze at, that's a quarter of a season...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys have even one decent corner the last time they played Moss?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Waffle said:
I agree with the last part of your post, but we faced Minnesota in 2002 and Moss has been a nusiance to us since he came into the league. I'm sure Bill will have something up his sleeve for Randy...hopefully!!

Actually I went and checked, it was 2000...we lost 27-15 on Turkey Day

like I said, not alot of these guys were here then, and Bill Parcells certainly wasnt either

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon88 said:
We were gonna win anyway.

That is what we thought in the first game against an expansion teams first regular season game (texans) and what we thought when we were going to face a vickless atlanta falcons team in the first game of last season......we were wrong both times. :eek:

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
That is what we thought in the first game against an expansion teams first regular season game (texans) and what we thought when we were going to face a vickless atlanta falcons team in the first game of last season......we were wrong both times. :eek:

This team isn't "led" by Quincy Carter anymore. It has some direction now. We aren't losing to Minnesota.

MOSSisGOD

Reaction score
Quick update from MIN@ATL preseason game

MIN 14 ATL 0

160 yrds from the MIN offensive starters in the FIRST QUARTER

Moss 67 yrd TD

27 yrds from the ATL offensive starters in QRT 1

You guys show a lot of confidence, i'll give you that

Skeptic

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Are you serious? Bennett is clearly the best back in the Vikings' backfield. Mike Tice has already said that Bennett would get all the carries this season, even the ones on the goal line that Moe Williams stole.

The only impact this announcement has is for fantasy football people, who can now rest assured that Bennett is a good #2 back. :)

And for the record, Vegas has the Cowboys-Vikings game as basically a pick-em, the Vikings giving 3 because they're the home field. You're awful confident for a team that blew their playoff hopes by losing to a dreadful 4-12 team in the season finale last year. ;)

Viking loss?

Surely you jest.

We true Dallas fans are confident that our D will shut down both Bennett and (T-New) will shut down Moss.

I can see us beating them by as much as ten. Crown noise don't scare Vinny, and it sure as hell ain't gonna bother Roy and T-New.

27-17 Dallas.