Opinion: Belichick Is Not Coming To Dallas

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Its been 2 straight days of sports-related alerts to my inbox about the growing buzz that Jerry Jones is either thinking about bringing in Belichik as the new coach of the Cowboys.

Look, Belichik is not going to go from having Bob Kraft as the owner who knows where the boundaries are, to agreeing to be the new puppet for Jerry Jones, the guy who's insisted on not only being his team's owner, but also it's GM for going on 34 years.

The Cowboys are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs until these three things happen:

1. Jerry steps down as the team's GM and hires a real GM to manage the team and the coaching staff

2. Jerry hires a coach who will tell him to get lost and enforces the boundaries the way Jimmy did

3. Jerry passes away and the new owner hires a real GM.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Its been 2 straight days of sports-related alerts to my inbox about the growing buzz that Jerry Jones is either thinking about bringing in Belichik as the new coach of the Cowboys.

Look, Belichik is not going to go from having Bob Kraft as the owner who knows where the boundaries are, to agreeing to be the new puppet for Jerry Jones, the guy who's insisted on not only being his team's owner, but also it's GM for going on 34 years.

The Cowboys are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs until these three things happen:

1. Jerry steps down as the team's GM and hires a real GM to manage the team and the coaching staff

2. Jerry hires a coach who will tell him to get lost and enforces the boundaries the way Jimmy did

We all know it has to be #3

Darkhound

Reaction score

Thank you for being a sane fan.

JBS

Reaction score
Coo, you know more than all of the insiders who do this as their job for a living that clearly state otherwise.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why would he come here? I guess he does have Lance to be his QB. He already said he hated dumb players so the other QB would be gone. :D

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Belichick would not be a "comfortable" hire for Jerry. I don't think Belichick cares for the country club atmosphere in Dallas either. The Patriots players liked to make fun of the culture in Dallas and no doubt Belichick shares that sentiment. Gronk still rags on the Cowboys culture.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I dont think Belichik will come to a franchise where the owner has no or only little power inside the NFL.
Belichiks success is based on his ability to cheat. He needs an owner who is able to protect him and give him all the freedom he needs to cheat. Kraft is one of them. Jones is not.

Other than that Belichik will only chose a franchise that is about winning. We are not that one.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I dont think Belichik will come to a franchise where the owner has no or only little power inside the NFL.
Belichiks success is based on his ability to cheat. He needs an owner who is able to protect him and give him all the freedom he needs to cheat. Kraft is one of them. Jones is not.

Other than that Belichik will only chose a franchise that is about winning. We are not that one.
Correct 21...and Harbaugh just cheated his azz off to win a Natty too. Cracks me up that some in here want Belicheat Light to be the next HC

FoxF

Reaction score
Guys, Stephen is being groomed to step right in and fill the void once Jerry retires. There is literally no hope in the near to distant future…. Hopefully Stephen never had kids.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Belichick makes the most sense unless your plan is to blow the team up and start over.
i think he makes the most sense as well. BB most likely doesn’t want a team he has to build from scratch with no QB. and dallas has talent and is a team that consistently underachieves. plus by the sounds of it he wants to focus on coaching and leave GM duties aside .

jsb357

Reaction score
If Jerry passes away Stephen is the own/GM. The nightmare continues. Lol!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hopefully, at worst, given the supposed great relationship the Jones boys have with him….they ask his honest opinion and are told about things they aren’t capable of seeing, and the ‘yes men’ they employ dont dare say.

I truly wonder if Jerry is truly in Parcells mode again, and if he is willing to do things like give up radio shows to get BB here.

Doubt it, but never know.

What Jerry refuses to understand is he is getting the same amount of “credit” whether he hires another Wade or BB.

My goodness already….let it go.