Opinion: Belichick Is Not Coming To Dallas

Robster8989

Reaction score
I think Jerry will talk a bunch abount how unhappy he is, then ultimately bring MM back. He will also extend Dak, maybe it won't be a record setting contract, but it will be 50+.
We will run it back again and the results will be the same. Jerry will make MM bring in a young OC and we will score a bunch of points but won't be able to win in crunchtime

Personally I'd support a total rebuild at this point, trade anyone on the roster, keep the ypung core if they buy in and bring in a young coach with credibility (like a Ryan in Houston). I know that won't happen.

Given this, I'd support BB. I think he may be overrated, but he does have credibility, and the resume to tell Jerry to stay in his lane (like Parcells did), and that alone would make his hiring a plus. He's a hard aXX, and he'd demand accountability from the players. Those who don't fall in line should be gone, and that includes anyone (Dak, Micah, CeeDee etc). I actually think the young defensive players would like playing for him. He likes to run the ball too, which everyone understamds is what we need.
So I'd support BB.

Another guy I have always liked is Mike Tomlin. I just feel he is a leader of men, and our young defensive core would get behind him.
With a young OC that would be better than what we have.

But as I said, I firmy believe we will do nothing, and MM and Dak will be back.

Havic

Reaction score
After 4-5 players hosted a party saturday night right before gameday under MM's watch....You think Parcells would have stood for that? What about Jimmy? This team needs a disciplinarian coach and Bill B is as close to that as we will get. Jerry needs to give up full control, get out of his own way, sacrifice it all to win!

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Belichick would not be a "comfortable" hire for Jerry. I don't think Belichick cares for the country club atmosphere in Dallas either. The Patriots players liked to make fun of the culture in Dallas and no doubt Belichick shares that sentiment. Gronk still rags on the Cowboys culture.
Agreed everything Belichick stands for is the exact opposite of what the Cowboys culture has become.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Correct 21...and Harbaugh just cheated his azz off to win a Natty too. Cracks me up that some in here want Belicheat Light to be the next HC
Better than these coaches that can’t even figure out simple clock management

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Same as it ever was.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Belichick's best options are Seattle and LA. The Raiders I don't think are a great fit but somehow I could picture him in a Black and Silver hoodie, lol.