Opinion: Dak can’t throw a football more than 10 yards

ESisback

Reaction score
You didn't reply to anyone else on your" sometimes yes sometimes no,"

It is telling that you chose to object and reply to my opinion.

You don't object and reply to any other opposite comment.

"Sometimes yes sometimes no" you said.

But to me and no one else. Reveals your agenda and bias.

It's okay. Normal. Just have to admit it.

I disagree with a lot of opinions on this forum. There, admitted. You said something I disagreed with. Agenda? Bias? What makes you so special?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure your point?
Dak has been having accuracy issues since he came back from his hand injury.
He was all over the place on several throws against the Texans.
The deeper his pass attempts the less accurate they have been.
all over the place? he wasn't sharp. granted. I said that too. but all over the place. this is where dak haters fall off the cliff. he was 21 of 31...that's 68%
don't forget that Schultz drop a TD pass and Gallup dropped one too.

so what's this accuracy issues people keep mentioning?

and given a lot of dak haters often live in a silo, they need to compare the deep throw accuracies and stats for QBs across the league. including the ones you admire and sniff their jocks...its obvious that deep throws will be less accurate. that's obvious.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
so @PAPPYDOG, you go find one little excerpt from some guy who didn't watch the game and looked at the bottom line stats of ONE GAME and came to a conclusion and then extrapolated that across 16 games and then took those 16 game stats driven from that single game into an entire career and came to a conclusion...

AWSOME research and find. nah, you don't have an agenda to drive.

now, tell me the deep throw stats for other QBs in the league....(I would tell you, but I don't want to ruin your surprise).

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
all over the place? he wasn't sharp. granted. I said that too. but all over the place. this is where dak haters fall off the cliff. he was 21 of 31...that's 68%
don't forget that Schultz drop a TD pass and Gallup dropped one too.

so what's this accuracy issues you keep mentioning?

and given you often live in a silo, can you stick your head out and tell me what are the deep throw accuracies and stats for QBs across the league. including the ones you admire and sniff their jocks...

I am sure as a typical Dak hater, you will say not your job, its my job to find those stats and prove you wrong.

like I said, you have accuracy seeing things. perhaps new prescriptions could be useful here
Be nice if you parked your attitude at the door and had a civil conversation.
Don't know where you get off calling me a
hater?
I try to be objective.
Dak was high and low on several throws.
Did you watch the game?
His accuracy has been off since he came back from the hand issue.
Dak always has had a very low interception %.
He has had a lot of INTs since his return.
The one deep ball he completed was terribly underthrown.
Maybe his thumb is still bothering him?
For the record I hope Dak excels.
As he goes the Cowboys go.
For the record we can agree to disagree if need be.
We are all Cowboys fans here.
Thanks, John

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Be nice if you parked your attitude at the door and had an intelligent conversation.
Don't know where you get off calling me a
hater?
I try to be objective.
Dak was high and low on several throws.
Did you watch the game?
His accuracy has been off since he came back from the hand issue.
Dak always has had a very low interception %.
He has had a lot of INTs since his return.
The one deep ball he completed was terribly underthrown.
Maybe his thumb is still bothering him?
For the record I hope Dak excels.
As he goes the Cowboys go.
For the record we can agree to disagree if need be.
We are all Cowboys fans here.
Thanks, John
I didn't mean you as the hater...I meant generally speaking the haters.

and every QB is high, low, behind, ahead on some throws. the question is do we expect 100% perfect throws? watch the other QBs and you will see similar throws and their players make plays. and to me Dak is not elite, so you may see more off throws compared to an elite QB. therein lies the difference.

and not sure why the interceptions are high. some are his fault. some are not. but those things often even out during the season. I think he is taking more chances. he is pressing. so sometimes there are interceptions. and yes they need to be cleaned up.

and I am with you. Dak is not elite. I always say it takes the team to win and QB has a high impact on the game. he can't do it alone. so yes, I hope he excels for our sake. for cowboys fans sake.

thanks...

p.s.

that wasn't directed at you. it was generally meant for some of the ardent dak haters. no offense meant.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I didn't mean you as the hater...I meant generally speaking the haters.

and every QB is high, low, behind, ahead on some throws. the question is do we expect 100% perfect throws? watch the other QBs and you will see similar throws and their players make plays. and to me Dak is not elite, so you may see more off throws compared to an elite QB. therein lies the difference.

and not sure why the interceptions are high. some are his fault. some are not. but those things often even out during the season. I think he is taking more chances. he is pressing. so sometimes there are interceptions. and yes they need to be cleaned up.

and I am with you. Dak is not elite. I always say it takes the team to win and QB has a high impact on the game. he can't do it alone. so yes, I hope he excels for our sake. for cowboys fans sake.

thanks...

p.s.

that wasn't directed at you. it was generally meant for some of the ardent dak haters. no offense meant.
Thanks buddy, I thought it was directed at me since you were replying to my post.
I agree with you.
I think Dak is pressing and trying too hard at times.
I am hoping he will be patient and let the game come to him.
Appreciate you taking the time to clear the air.
I have respected you and like to keep things civil.
All the best!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”

Funny. In previous years I thought his biggest remaining weakness was his poor ball placement when throwing short, particularly to RBs.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The drive before that, Ball was beaten badly on consecutive plays. The first play resulted in a fumble and the 2nd play resulted in an interception because Dak's arm was hit. These 2 plays resulted in Ball going to the bench and Peters coming in.
His arm was not hit that much. I think that ball is picked off even if he hadn’t been touched.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It must suck to be a fake Cowboys fan.

Hating on Dak and Zeke is insipid beyond belief.

kid1150

Reaction score
Dak Prescott struggles throwing the ball downfield: Prescott isn't the problem with the Cowboys offense, but the unit is lacking explosiveness because of his issues stretching the field. On passes of 10-plus air yards, Prescott went 6 of 13 with an interception (55.9 rating) -- one week after going 1 of 8 with a 0.0 rating.

Prescott has completed just 51.1% on the season with passes that went for 10-plus air yards with four touchdowns to eight interceptions (66.4 rating). On throws for 25-plus air yards, Prescott has completed just 21.4% of his passes with a 31.0 passer rating. ”

What!!??

sacase

Reaction score
I do think that he does not feel comfortable throwing deep. Rush is much more comfortable throwing Deep. I was suprised how often he would throw deep passes. It was noticable. Dak has the arm strength, just not the comfort.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Sounds about right. He should be making MORE MONEY.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He has depth perception issues often geting fooled by the amount of space between safeties and linebackers. He is much better on the short throws.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I read in the national inquirer that Bigfoot was living in Atlanta off of Social Security.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Thanks buddy, I thought it was directed at me since you were replying to my post.
I agree with you.
I think Dak is pressing and trying too hard at times.
I am hoping he will be patient and let the game come to him.
Appreciate you taking the time to clear the air.
I have respected you and like to keep things civil.
All the best!

Thank you for taking the high road. :thumbup: