Opinion: Dak may not start game one plus?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak has said several times , he will be ready when it "matters"
Now to me if he was sure that would be game one, he would have said when the season starts.

I am positive Dak will not play in PS if nfl has PS games, which I think they may not.

I think Dak and Jones boys are thinking dak will be ready by say 1st of Oct, possibly sooner.
But game one is still a question mark and they wont know till the week before the game.

Dak has also said he has done everything the doctor's plural have told him to do, so he isnt going to
play until they say the leg is ready.

I agree with this, but not sure how it will work out, because I know dak wants to play game one,
and as it gets closer, that desire will increase, and same thing for jones boys lol . But I dont think
they will pressure him to play, but I think they will allow him to if he wanted to go ahead and play.

If they are uncertain of when dak will be approved to play, then that could mean they will keep Dalton so he
can start the season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Now to me if he was sure that would be game one, he would have said when the season starts.

I am positive Dak will not play in PS if nfl has PS games, which I think they may not.

I think Dak and Jones boys are thinking dak will be ready by say 1st of Oct, possibly sooner.
But game one is still a question mark and they wont know till the week before the game.

Dak has also said he has done everything the doctor's plural have told him to do, so he isnt going to

I agree with this, but not sure how it will work out, because I know dak wants to play game one,
and as it gets closer, that desire will increase, and same thing for jones boys lol . But I dont think
they will pressure him to play, but I think they will allow him to if he wanted to go ahead and play.

If they are uncertain of when dak will be approved to play, then that could mean they will keep Dalton so he
can start the season.
Interesting thought! He has been seen doing some drills but he hasn't shown any full speed stuff and it's going to take some time. Even when he gets back to full speed I don't think he will be the same as before. That could affect his mechanics and it's been my experience when you have to work hard on that area of throwing it's going to take a while to get that back.

Qcard

Reaction score

can start the season.
:muttley: Red Rifle....couldn't help yourself

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I still have my doubts hes Ready to start the season. If he's not theres no way you rush him back after you just spent all that money on him. There's nothing to lose if you don't rush him back.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

can start the season.

As so many are saying we're going all out on a shoot out Offense only approach we cant afford not to have a decent (cheap-ish) back-up QB.

Dalton has some pluses:
- familiar with the offense
- did help us winning 3 of last 4
- whilst not Fitzpatrick there aren't that many good to go back-ups.

Rayman70

Reaction score

can start the season.
tenor.gif

Kingofholland

Reaction score

can start the season.

That is way beyond the projected recovery time period. Are you a doctor examining Dak's ankle?

Motorola

Reaction score
Still over four months before training camp starts the latter half of July.
The OTA schedules should be out probably by mid-April (a couple of weeks before the draft). That will be the first opportunity to see what regimen the Cowboys will have for Prescott.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I love how people here look for things no one has said, even when things have been said to the contrary.

I'll go out on a limb and guess you're neither a surgeon nor a doctor, and you've never examined Dak. :rolleyes:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Given the ankle injury and the need for a solid foundation to play the QB position, while also taking into account the massive financial investment just made, Dallas most certainly will not push to bring Dak back earlier than needed and if it means missing even a quarter or more of the season then that os what Dallas will do.

At the end of the day all anyone can do is guess as to Dak's ability until they see his progress with their own eyes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

can start the season.
There's a whole lot of "I think" there. When a negative not knowing dude like you says a lot of " I think" stuff, a lot of nothing that matters gets said. Negative post in, IMO. Dak won't play game 1, Preseason games won't get played, You are just a negative dude.