Opinion: Next year's DC is Mike Zimmer

SackMaster

Reaction score
With Zimmer's defense to really work, he needs a stud D-Line with three top notch passrushers (2 DEs and DT) and a big-boy runstuffer. If he doesn't have a stud D-Line, he better have a stud group of LBs to keep it all from falling apart.

All of that describes the Cowboys defensive personnel how?

Just askin' .... for a friend .... :grin:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Also...exactly WHO is making this happen?

Jerry?

Who REALLY wants Jerry undermining the HC?

We dont need that.

We need better players. Period.

Not injury prone guys. Not bargain bin dudes looking for a last check. Not guys that have already gotten paid and lazy.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They are incredibly important.

What makes you think Nolan has impacted that in the slightest way for us ?
You need at least competent corners and LBs to get picks and the first 3 weeks they were playing around with putting 4-3 DEs in a 2 point stance. When they got away from that they were better last week.

When the defense has more than 50% of its starters we can get an accurate picture. The second half of the season should give a better description

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's time we all just realize we are screwed until the culture changes....which isn't going to be anytime soon.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's time we all just realize we are screwed until the culture changes....which isn't going to be anytime soon.
It's really the same thing over and over every year.

Even when they luck out into a good season....expect them to choke the one seed.

Otherwise its maybe win a bad division, maybe win that first playoff game but get blown out next round.

Jerry sat in front of a camera and told us what an advantage that is that we can keep doing this over and over.

He is lost within his own ego and never hasnt been.

Its fully documented yet he still gets away with it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Zimmer would be awesome. Jerry would love it and I'm sure Mike knows him at least somewhat from being a division rival for years.

I also think it's funny when people talk about him being a bad HC. That franchise was going nowhere before he got there. He at least improved them greatly. That year they lost the playoff game when the FG kicker missed a chippy in the freezing cold was a great coaching job.

Too many people seem to think if you aren't a HOFer as a coach, you suck.

Anyway, the only negative I can see about this is that Zim is such a Jerry friend. Might be a bad look in the locker room and for Mike. We don't need anymore Wade/Garrett situations where everyone knows the Jerry crony is waiting in the wings.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
..Mike Zimmer.

Because I'm pretty sure he's getting fired.

For the record, I still want Gus Bradley, but would be thrilled with Zimmer.

I could go for it! He's had a history here and is known to Jerry. The only thing is, I'm not sure it's the coaching here that's the key issue. I think the main thing is we don't have the players. But, if we were to get rid of Nolan, I'd be happy to have Zimmer.