1) Winston Justice
2) Thomas Howard
3) Pat Watkins

How would you feel about these three players and would they all start
and where?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Works for me. If that doesn't work, you could take Greenway in #1, J. Scott at #2 and Todd Watkins or Matua in the 3rd.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Howard will NEVER drop that low into the second... he is being mentioned as a possible first rounder...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Very interesting. I think they will still go OLB, OT, and NG in the first three rounds.

Rich.............

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd hate it. I don't love Justice. I love Howard but I don't love him in a 34 as much as I do a 43. Watkins would be a nice pick assuming he's able to transition. He hasn't played a lot of football. I don't see him being able to step right in and play. I think he takes a season or two.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
free safety is probrably the easiest position to adjust to in the nfl.

i doubt it takes watkins a year or two to learn the position.he could step right in and make keith davis look like a nfle player.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
After seeing so many of these......I don't know what we may do.....but, I hope a great LB.....Manny Lawson....maybe

sago1

Reaction score
I'd prefer OLB, OT, FS on first day & DT, OG & FB/TE (like Garret Mills), but not necessarily in same order on second day. But I'd also pray we can somehow pick up another 3rd or add 4th round pick.

kartr

Reaction score
garyv said:
Blue North's new 3 Round Mock has the Cowboy's selecting:

1) Winston Justice
2) Thomas Howard
3) Pat Watkins

and where?

Hate it. Too cookie cutter and run of the mill. Looks like a amateur did it There are no game changers on that list, good players, but no game changers. All three of those positions can be filled in free agency with vets who can step in and start right away. We don't need any of those positions on day one. We must draft:
1) a pass rushing dt to replace Glover such as Bunkley to complete our DL while Ellis is still young enough to play well
2) a quality qb such as Jacobs to be ready when Bledsoe is done
3) a quality young wr such as Todd Watkins for the future
or a quality young cb such as Richard Marshall or Kelly Jennings to pair with Newman.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
garyv said:
Blue North's new 3 Round Mock has the Cowboy's selecting:

1) Winston Justice
2) Thomas Howard
3) Pat Watkins

and where?

well, considering that Jerry is targeting FS and Oline in free agency, I doubt 2 of our 1st 3 picks are spent on those 2 positions...but of course the market, and who we sign could dictate otherwise

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Howard will NEVER drop that low into the second... he is being mentioned as a possible first rounder...

Its not at all improbable, TB. This draft is very, very deep. Heck Whitten was never supposed to be lower than high second rounder, from most draft predictions and mocks. But he fell that low to cowboys.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Its not at all improbable, TB. This draft is very, very deep. Heck Whitten was never supposed to be lower than high second rounder, from most draft predictions and mocks. But he fell that low to cowboys.

If he were to drop that low, I would tell the pick runner at the draft to RUN not walk to the podium...

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
kartr said:
Jacobs, eh? There is a shocker.

kartr said:
or a quality young cb such as Richard Marshall or Kelly Jennings to pair with Newman.
You do realize we have a quality Cornerback that is paired with Newman. His name is Anthony Henry. As for the young nonsense, Henry is a year and a half "older" than Newman. But you are suggesting he won't do because he is "old."

I guess you are one of those people who thinks any player older than 26 is "old" in the league.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
free safety is probrably the easiest position to adjust to in the nfl.

i doubt it takes watkins a year or two to learn the position.he could step right in and make keith davis look like a nfle player.

What?

Ok, well, this is not correct. Depending on scheme, the FS can be the most difficult position to play in the NFL, outside of MLB. To say that FS is probably the easiest position to adjust to is just not true. The easiest position to transition to is RB. It is not realistic to think that Watkins will be able to come right in as a Rookie and play error free football. Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible but it is not probable.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
kartr said:
Hate it. Too cookie cutter and run of the mill. Looks like a amateur did it There are no game changers on that list, good players, but no game changers. All three of those positions can be filled in free agency with vets who can step in and start right away. We don't need any of those positions on day one. We must draft:
1) a pass rushing dt to replace Glover such as Bunkley to complete our DL while Ellis is still young enough to play well
3) a quality young wr such as Todd Watkins for the future
Come on kartr, you can do better than that. We know from your past posts that you've picked the best combinations of players in every draft without fail... So how about giving them to us in advance this time. ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Howard could be there in 2nd
But he could also go higher as some have said here.

I'm not a huge fan of drafting a RT at #18 but Justice may be best choice to start there. He played RT protecting Leinart at USC.

Watkins in 3rd? Harper, Smith, Bullocks, Simpson, Watkins - will be there.

hendog

Reaction score
How bout this

Trade down a few spots

Carp - Lawson in 1

Duece - Spencer in 2

Watkins - in 3