Reaction score
garyv said:
Blue North's new 3 Round Mock has the Cowboy's selecting:

1) Winston Justice
2) Thomas Howard
3) Pat Watkins

How would you feel about these three players and would they all start
and where?

Justice would make me happy but Bill is too hard headed to pick a first rounder OT. SI has him going to Miami is what I read this morning. If we did drop the pick on him we would expect him to start. The other two I am not so sure of. Marcus McNeil is still my first rounder of choice. He is a solid run blocker and has the size to develop further as a pass blocker.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
What?

Ok, well, this is not correct. Depending on scheme, the FS can be the most difficult position to play in the NFL, outside of MLB. To say that FS is probably the easiest position to adjust to is just not true. The easiest position to transition to is RB. It is not realistic to think that Watkins will be able to come right in as a Rookie and play error free football. Could it happen? Sure, anything is possible but it is not probable.

Out of curiosity what do you think of Ko Simpson from SC?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan said:
Out of curiosity what do you think of Ko Simpson from SC?

I think he has a great deal of physical ability but he hasn't played a lot of football. The two seasons he has played, he has shown very well but he will be 26 when he takes the field in 06. I think he's a great prospect and would be an excellent value if he could be had in the 2nd round. I would not be at all surprised to see him go in the 1st. Having said that, I don't think he's a guy who can step right in and start for an NFL team. Just not enough games under his belt. I would rather see us spend a pick a bit later in the draft on a player FS who has more experience and might be able to start sooner.

kartr

Reaction score
cobra said:
Jacobs, eh? There is a shocker.

You do realize we have a quality Cornerback that is paired with Newman. His name is Anthony Henry. As for the young nonsense, Henry is a year and a half "older" than Newman. But you are suggesting he won't do because he is "old."

I guess you are one of those people who thinks any player older than 26 is "old" in the league.

Jacobs has 71 tds and 11 ints the last two years and is extremely accurate and plays with a bunch of scrubs, yet torched both Wisconsin and OU's defenses. Richard Marshall is on the Patriots 'radar', he could be the next Ty Law cause he makes plays(ints, tackles well and covers well and I saw him run down Reggie Bush and turn him a flip. What's wrong with these players? Henry probably could be moved to free safety as soon as Marshall is ready to start. Why draft a FS on day one, when you already have one(potential) already on the roster?