Opinion: Zeke Leads NFL in Fumbles ,Drops, QB Hits allowed

aria

Reaction score
This is no surprise to some of us, he’s always been dependent on the O line. I’ve always said had he rushed behind the line Barkley and several other RB’s have had, the would have never even cracked the top 10.

At least now his supporters can brag about how he leads the league in something besides total carries and yards :laugh:

aria

Reaction score
Part of me really wonders if there are some weird long term effects from COVID-19. There is still so much we don't understand, one of my friends who had it is 25 and lost ~20% of her hearing and the doctors just shrug at her when she asks why.
Part of me wonders if this is what happens when you’ve spent the past decade partying and being “low key faded” while being quarantined. I’m sure the bong hits didn’t help his lungs and his brain cells have always been lacking.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He is a garbage person and I've never said any differently.

At least now more of you see it.

There is NO inclination to step up and lead.

That feed me crap always embarrassed me. Let's hope that's on the shelf forever.

He can still play, just doesnt want to....and it was ALWAYS about himself first and team last whether we are talking about getting suspended or holding out....or just never getting back into game shape.

I truly hope Jerry doesnt think this guy is a "friend" or an all time great Cowboy.

He ought to be incessantly disappointed in this guy.

He nothing remotely close to a leader....or even a decent football player at this stage.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I really do think it's just his head. Losing begets losing and lack of accountability means the behavior won't change. That's why he should be benched for a few games and made to work on fundamentals.

In my job, if I have a sales manager under me start dropping off badly, there are times I'll reassign his people and take him off important accounts. His commission drops, he has to do more teaching on new guys, and yeah, he feels a bit punished. How he responds to that tells me a lot about the person, if he starts to whine about not having the right tools or complains about increased workload, I know he's not going to cut it. If he knuckles down and tries to do the best with his resources I know he's someone I can train and make better, even if I have to fit him in somewhere else in the company.

That's why you bench him. See how he responds. Let him watch a few games from the sidelines. If he doubles down on his work, accepts teaching, is humble, he's good to go. If not, well, there's the trade block if someone wants his contract.

It also strengthens MM's position. I don't think he has the team yet, and making their overpaid star RB sit sends a message that if you don't perform, someone else will get the chance.
I am so glad I'm not in the Rat Race.

Not that I'm disagreeing with your approach.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
He is a garbage person and I've never said any differently.

At least now more of you see it.

There is NO inclination to step up and lead.

That feed me crap always embarrassed me. Let's hope that's on the shelf forever.

He can still play, just doesnt want to....and it was ALWAYS about himself first and team last whether we are talking about getting suspended or holding out....or just never getting back into game shape.

I truly hope Jerry doesnt think this guy is a "friend" or an all time great Cowboy.

He ought to be incessantly disappointed in this guy.

He nothing remotely close to a leader....or even a decent football player at this stage.

This is honestly why I wanted Ramsey over Zeke. I remember when he was at OSU he was pretty vocal about calling out his coach and the play calling publicly. I mean, he may have been right, but still, that's not the avenue that you go at it.

To keep with my business analogy, I once fired a guy because I gave him an increased workload, I needed him to actually do some direct outreach to clients that he usually relied on his people to do. He said that was fine when I met with him, but then complained loudly to everyone else that I was setting him up to fail or making him do "grunt work". If he'd said that to me first, I'd have explained why it was needed and told him to not worry, I wasn't trying to trap him with metrics.

But nah, he went behind my back to the people under him lateral to him and complained.

Keep it in house. It's like the "unnamed" players that went to the media. That's BS. A real leader handles it in the locker room or in the office of your boss, not outside.

I probably like Zeke more than you but that stuff at OSU always put me off him.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Bad decisions like using the #4 overall draft pick on a RB are the reason why the Cowboys stink.

Drafting Zeke was a mistake.
I said it before he was drafted.
I said it when he was drafted.
I said it after he won games for us.
I say it now.

Trade up, trade down, or select another player.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dude has checked out hard ever since Week 2 of the season. He played a great game Week 1 against the Rams, then both his tackles get hurt, and he fumbles twice in the first quarter Week 2. "I'm sowwy" - goes out and fumbles twice in the first quarter vs Arizona. His running has been flat, he's dropping passes, he's making mistakes in pass pro... the last game I can remember him really trying in was Week 3 vs Seattle, where he was picking up every blitzer in sight.

I am seriously wondering if he walks out onto the field drunk or high, because he is just mentally out of it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Appreciate it. However, this should be Exec 101. Anyone in a business leadership position should have that mindset whether it's running a sales force or a football team. If MM doesn't already know that we are indeed in trouble.
mm jerry and his boy all missed the exec 101 lol, so yeah we are in trouble.
I had hopes when E was benched briefly, but they put him back in too soon, and the drive stalled.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Like I’ve said, teams watching Zeke and Gurley these last three years will completely tank the RB market.
good point, they have really hurt chances of big pay or high draft, for all future RB's.
What they have shown, is draft one not too high, and then dont extend them , just dump them after rookie deal.

Sydla

Reaction score
QB hits allowed? Where is that stat tracked?

If true, it undercuts the argument some of his biggest fans made here that he still blocks well.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So we have one of the highest paid RBs who sucks, one of the highest paid DEs who can't get to the QB, one of the highest paid WRs who is invisible most of the time, the highest paid OL who all are hurt or retired, a highly paid LBer who, well who knows what the hell he is doing from play to play, and just cut all the free agent signings. yeah, everything is good and no drastic changes are needed.

Praxit

Reaction score
..the days of Dorsett's and Emitt's are long gone. All we have left are those they call themselves RB's.