Option A or Option B

birdwells1

Reaction score
Option A: Jerry cleans house. Garrett is gone. Jerry hires a new coach, and current organizational practices remain the same.

Option B: Jerry retains Garrett, but agrees to step back and fade into the background. He’ll minimize media appearances and reverse his open door policy.

I vote Option B.

Jerry cleans house. Garrett is gone. Jerry hires a new coach, but agrees to step back and fade into the background. He’ll minimize media appearances and reverse his open door policy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How in the blue hell do you think option B would ever happen in a million years? Jerry's ego would rather the Cowboys suck for the rest of his life than ever give up a sliver of power.
In a million years? Are we expecting Jerry to live THAT long?

visionary

Reaction score
Option A: Jerry cleans house. Garrett is gone. Jerry hires a new coach, and current organizational practices remain the same.

Option B: Jerry retains Garrett, but agrees to step back and fade into the background. He’ll minimize media appearances and reverse his open door policy.

I vote Option B.

A
And it’s not close
Garrett is garbage

erod

Reaction score

I vote Option B.

B by a million miles.

Of course, it'll be hard to play with all the pigs flying around above the field.

plasticman

Reaction score
Plan B is a complete fantasy, it was the lie Jerry told in 2011. He was supposed to step back and allow Stephen and Co. To make the decisions.

JayFord

Reaction score
A

you can win with Jerry Jones but not with Jason Garrett or this staff

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Neither excites me simply because Garrett doesn't have the football savvy to take this team to the next level.............Jerry is Garrett's training wheels.

If Jerry is willing to do that then bring in a qualified head coach to do it with put Jason in the the front office to fetch the coffee and order lunch something he's closer to being qualified for.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
A, no question. I don't want any option where Howdy Doody is back.
How does my option coincide with yours? I get it. At birth, we shared the same ball and eventually separated per our surgeon. I love you brother!

I feel very connected. Lol

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Option A. I don't think having an open door policy with the players is a bad thing anyway. The weekly media appearances can possibly cause an issue but I think that is way overblown plus that's part of being America's Team.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I vote Option B.

B, but only with the understanding that if Garrett can't get it done with Jerry's meddling finally out, then Garrett is gone and Jerry finds the best coach possible and also stays out of his hair.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I vote Option B.
Option C...as much as I hate to do it...

I think there is too much history with this coaching staff to really put option B in place....we need to have new coaches and do Option B. lets not just consider coaches but players culture with the current coaching staff. it takes time to change a culture, unless you do it wholesale, pull the rug and clean house and put everyone on warning ala what we did when Parcells joined.....

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
B, but only with the understanding that if Garrett can't get it done with Jerry's meddling finally out, then Garrett is gone and Jerry finds the best coach possible and also stays out of his hair.

I should’ve added that part

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Option A is a trick question. Part of our organizational practice never includes "cleaning house".

Every single head coach ever employed has had to retain a member or multiple members of the staff.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I vote Option B.

Any option that doesn't include firing Garrett shouldn't even be considered.