Oral Argument for Zeke case scheduled for Thursday

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Sure, but even still, a competent organization would still try to follow some sort of consistent procedure and make decisions that won't undercut themselves down the road.

And yet, at almost every step, the NFL has bungled this thing.
I don't think anybody is mistaking the NFL for a competent organization at this point, are they?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Any lost salary or bonuses that can be quantified would, by definition, not be irreparable harm since they could be compensated by a monetary damage award.

Zeke’s argument for irreparable harm lies partly in the reputational damage and partly in lost opportunities for endorsements that cannot be quantified.

That makes sense, I guess he could always get reimbursed for any lost money down the road.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Any lost salary or bonuses that can be quantified would, by definition, not be irreparable harm since they could be compensated by a monetary damage award.

Zeke’s argument for irreparable harm lies partly in the reputational damage and partly in lost opportunities for endorsements that cannot be quantified.
Also potential lost stats - which equates to loss in future earnings - and harm to his team i.e. postseason potential.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I'm pretty shocked. (Obviously, since my prediction was wrong.) Guess we'll have to wait for the reasons.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
So basically, the 3 judge panel rules against him next week, right before the Eagles game.

LOL.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Guess we’ll just have to take care of Philthy without Zeke!

The Natural

Reaction score
I dont understand the swift ruling, reporters made it seem like the NFL was getting grilled in there

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I dont understand the swift ruling, reporters made it seem like the NFL was getting grilled in there
The NFL was getting grilled, which could portend good things - maybe - when the actual appeal hits the court but case law tied their hands regarding the injunction appeal.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Makes me now wonder if all the pro-Elliott things we heard from the Texas courts would have all been hogwash as well. It seems judges like to talk as if one side is in the right only to end up siding with the other.

Proximo

Reaction score
I guess this is it?

The 6 game suspension is now in effect and cannot be stopped/overturned?

Or is there any other recourse for Elliott?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Congratulations, Goodell. You now have the Patriots and Cowboys fanbase hating you....

Will go down as one of the worst commissioners in sports history, even if some of the owners love him.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
NFLPA filed for another hearing with 2nd Circuit Court right? When it will be heard is not known?