Oregon for Fiesta Bowl

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It would be an absolute shame if Oregon doesn't get picked to go to the Fiesta Bowl this year. I think you all would agree with that. Ohio State also deserves a bid for this one. Notre Dame is the most overrated team out there right now.

Lou Holz responds to May's comments by saying "dont confuse us with facts"

Notre Dame, in it's 3 wins against teams with winning records, has faced, BYU, The always AMAZING :rolleyes: Naval Academy, and Michigan(luckily). I'm not sure where Holz gets off on saying Notre Dame should be a lock for the Fiesta. The only ounce of credibility that Notre Dame has is playing a close game with USC.

The West Coast bias is getting a bit ridiculous, and it's time for the BCS to get this one right. One of the analysts said that the USC game was not even close, but anyone who actually SAW it, would agree that penalties (2 oregon TD's called back) made the score line alot more one sided than it was.

Holz said that Notre Dame would love to play Oregon State...could you at least get the ****ing team right?

Oregon has had higher TV ratings than Ohio State, so if that is the argument why ND and OSU would play instead, it's absolutely bogus.

Notre Dame does not deserve to go to the Fiesta Bowl. If you barely beat Stanford (who lost to D-1AA UC DAVIS!), don't try and make a case for them. Im glad Mr Holz doesn't decide who plays in Bowl Games, otherwise ND would probably be playing in the Rose.

At 10-1, with the only loss coming to the #1 ranked team in the nation, how can Notre Dame, who lost to Michigan State, a team with 3 WINS!!! , be justified in getting this bid.

Also, let it be known, that the top 3 teams in teh Pac 10 (which many consider weak for some reason) USC, Oregon, and UCLA, are undefeated in non-conference play.

It would be nice if all these tits would actually watch some Pac-10 football.

Anyone who watches football, and anyone who has seen Oregon play, will agree with me.

Oregon vs Ohio State, it's only right.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Why does Ohio State deserve to go? They lost at home to Texas and played a horrible game against Penn State. I have watched a lot of Big 10 games this season. It is bad football. That conference doesn't deserve to have two teams in the BCS.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they can get ND and get away with it then that is probably who they would want.

I hate ND but it goes down to ticket sales and ratings.

kev8822

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Why does Ohio State deserve to go? They lost at home to Texas and played a horrible game against Penn State. I have watched a lot of Big 10 games this season. It is bad football. That conference doesn't deserve to have two teams in the BCS.

Because they lost to the #2, and #3 teams in the BCS. ND lost at home to a horrible Michigan St team.

joseephuss

Reaction score
kev8822 said:
Because they lost to the #2, and #3 teams in the BCS. ND lost at home to a horrible Michigan St team.

But compared to Oregon who only lost to the #1 team in the BCS.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I'm praying that the BCS gets it right this time around. Oregon has done EVERYTHING to deserve to go. OSU lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the BCS. I personally feel that the Big 10 is the most overrated conference out of all of them.

OSU has done more than Notre Dame to deserve entry in the Fiesta. Oregon has done more than both of them.

If you anyone on here saw the Oregon USC game, they would back me up on this. Oregon was not the better team, but you can't look at the score line only. Oregon would have probably lost by about 10 points or so, if it wasn't for terrible calls by the refs. At the time it made me angry,but I had no idea that people would use the score against us.

IMO, after the stinker that Texas laid vs A&M, and I knwo on this board I'll get alot of flack for it, I'd say besides USC, not 1 of the teams up there scare me that much. Oregon could hang with any of them, and probably beat alot of them.

I just wish some of the analysts and "experts" would watch the Pac 10 games too, instead of basing their oppinions soley on the box score. Anyone who saw Gameday last night would agree. If Lou Holz can't get the ******** name right, it just shows his ignorance. WE ARE NOT OREGON STATE!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I'm praying that the BCS gets it right this time around. Oregon has done EVERYTHING to deserve to go. OSU lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the BCS. I personally feel that the Big 10 is the most overrated conference out of all of them.

OSU has done more than Notre Dame to deserve entry in the Fiesta. Oregon has done more than both of them.

If you anyone on here saw the Oregon USC game, they would back me up on this. Oregon was not the better team, but you can't look at the score line only. Oregon would have probably lost by about 10 points or so, if it wasn't for terrible calls by the refs. At the time it made me angry,but I had no idea that people would use the score against us.

IMO, after the stinker that Texas laid vs A&M, and I knwo on this board I'll get alot of flack for it, I'd say besides USC, not 1 of the teams up there scare me that much. Oregon could hang with any of them, and probably beat alot of them.

I just wish some of the analysts and "experts" would watch the Pac 10 games too, instead of basing their oppinions soley on the box score. Anyone who saw Gameday last night would agree. If Lou Holz can't get the ******** name right, it just shows his ignorance. WE ARE NOT OREGON STATE!

Shut up, Beaver! Err, I mean Duck. :D

I live in Austin and am pulling for Texas to beat Colorado and then go on to beat USC. However, if it would make a difference, I am truly hoping that both USC and Texas lose this weekend. I want the BCS to be a complete mess. Something needs to change. A playoff is not only needed, it is wanted. It would make lots of money and bring us some good match ups. I just don't understand why some are opposed to it. And these some are in the minority.

Naruto

Reaction score
All this talk of "deserving" is hilarious. They lost a game. They don't deserve anything.
If you aren't undefeated then you don't deserve a damn thing. ND will pull in more money, they will go becuase that's all that matters in a BCS bowl that's picking at-large teams and not Conference winners. Now it's just a matter of whether the Fiesta wants Ohio State once again.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
notre-dame-ar.jpg

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
It would be an absolute shame if Oregon doesn't get picked to go to the Fiesta Bowl this year. I think you all would agree with that. Ohio State also deserves a bid for this one. Notre Dame is the most overrated team out there right now.

Notre Dame, in it's 3 wins against teams with winning records, has faced, BYU, The always AMAZING :rolleyes: Naval Academy, and Michigan(luckily). I'm not sure where Holz gets off on saying Notre Dame should be a lock for the Fiesta. The only ounce of credibility that Notre Dame has is playing a close game with USC.

The West Coast bias is getting a bit ridiculous, and it's time for the BCS to get this one right. One of the analysts said that the USC game was not even close, but anyone who actually SAW it, would agree that penalties (2 oregon TD's called back) made the score line alot more one sided than it was.

Holz said that Notre Dame would love to play Oregon State...could you at least get the ****ing team right?

Oregon has had higher TV ratings than Ohio State, so if that is the argument why ND and OSU would play instead, it's absolutely bogus.

Notre Dame does not deserve to go to the Fiesta Bowl. If you barely beat Stanford (who lost to D-1AA UC DAVIS!), don't try and make a case for them. Im glad Mr Holz doesn't decide who plays in Bowl Games, otherwise ND would probably be playing in the Rose.

At 10-1, with the only loss coming to the #1 ranked team in the nation, how can Notre Dame, who lost to Michigan State, a team with 3 WINS!!! , be justified in getting this bid.

Also, let it be known, that the top 3 teams in teh Pac 10 (which many consider weak for some reason) USC, Oregon, and UCLA, are undefeated in non-conference play.

Anyone who watches football, and anyone who has seen Oregon play, will agree with me.

:cry: :cry2: :cry3:
:cry: :cry2: :cry3:

Get over it. ND is going to the Fiesta, it's a done deal.
Nobody cares about Oregon, nobody.
Everybody cares about ND, everybody. Everybody either wants to see them win or get crushed. ND bashing had gone by the wayside in their down years and now ND bashing is back. That means ND is back and they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

The Pac-10 is weak. I think ND's schedule, as bad as some of those teams seasons ended up, is tougher than Oregon's. ND would beat everybody on there, except USC.

And enough about Oregon playing USC tough, bottom line it was a 32 point beating.
Lets compare the numbers.
USC 45 Oregon 13

First Downs USC 31 Oregon 16
Total yards USC 593 Oregon 262
Rushing Yards USC 278 Oregon 65
Passing Yards USC 315 Oregon 197
Time of Possession USC 32:40 Oregon 27:20

And Oregon WON the turnover battle 2-1 and still got hammered. Enough about the game was closer than the score, those numbers above don't lie. Oregon got Hammered!

USC 34 ND 31

First Downs Notre Dame 28 USC 20
Total yards Notre Dame 417 USC 476
Rushing Yards Notre Dame 153 USC 175
Passing Yards Notre Dame 264 USC 301
Time of Possession Notre Dame 38:40 USC 21:20

Turnover battle was 2-2. ND and Charlie Weis dictated how this game was going to be played. Run the ball, control the clock and keep it close. Obviously it wasn't enough.

ND would beat Oregon. ND will be playing in the Fiesta on January 2nd. Oregon will be in the Holiday Bowl or something, just where they belong.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
The Pac-10 is weak. I think ND's schedule, as bad as some of those teams seasons ended up, is tougher than Oregon's. ND would beat everybody on there, except USC.

You really show your ignorance right here. I'd like to see where the Pac-10 is so weak. I'm sure you've seen bounds of their games. I guarantee that if Michigan State played against Arizona State, ASU would romp them. USC, UCLA, and Oregon are all better than ND.

ND lost to a 3 win team. They lost a gimme game, and you're going to tell me they are better than Oregon? They barely handle a terrible Stanford team. When only 3 of your 9 wins come against winning teams, and 2 of those teams are Navy and BYU, you aren't really that good.

Also, regarding your little break down of USC/ND, and USC/Oregon, you wanna use the logic that Fresno State ALMOST beat USC, but Oregon stomped FSU? Probably not. You sound like everyone else on ESPN, well except Lou Holz, at least you mentioned some facts.

Get over it. ND is going to the Fiesta, it's a done deal.
Nobody cares about Oregon, nobody.
Everybody cares about ND, everybody. Everybody either wants to see them win or get crushed. ND bashing had gone by the wayside in their down years and now ND bashing is back. That means ND is back and they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Sadly, that's what influences who goes to the bowls. ND is completely overrated, and it's just because of that reason that you stated. I will agree with you on this 1 point you made. If they go, it's all about the money. They aren't the better team.

Naruto said:
All this talk of "deserving" is hilarious. They lost a game. They don't deserve anything.
If you aren't undefeated then you don't deserve a damn thing. ND will pull in more money, they will go becuase that's all that matters in a BCS bowl that's picking at-large teams and not Conference winners. Now it's just a matter of whether the Fiesta wants Ohio State once again.

Yes, to the TOP Team in the country. I'm not sure how you can hold that against us. By your logic, ND shouldn't be there either. They lost 2 games, and one of them was to a 3 win team.

joseephuss said:

I totally agree with you. Penn State has a case to make for themselves. The Big 10, for as long as I can remember has been vastly overrated. They get killed in Bowl Games year in and year out. It's a ****ty conference, and they get way to much respect. After I saw Texas and Texas A&M, Texas doesn't look that great to me anymore either.

The West Coast Bias is insane. The only team that gets any respect is USC, but I have little reason to believe the Pac 10 isn't going to get ****ed over this year. Again, the top 3 Pac 10 teams are undefeated in non conference play.

joseephuss said:
I live in Austin and am pulling for Texas to beat Colorado and then go on to beat USC. However, if it would make a difference, I am truly hoping that both USC and Texas lose this weekend. I want the BCS to be a complete mess. Something needs to change. A playoff is not only needed, it is wanted. It would make lots of money and bring us some good match ups. I just don't understand why some are opposed to it. And these some are in the minority.

Cut the season to 10 games. Get rid of the stupid games that teams are playing, Oregon vs Montana, ND vs Navy, etc.

Take the top 8 teams, BCS ranked or whatever, and play a 1v8, 2v7, etc. round robin playoff. Use the different Bowl venues for the matchups, and then have whatever the national championship game site is (this year the Rose Bowl), host the Nat'l Championship.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
You really show your ignorance right here. I'd like to see where the Pac-10 is so weak. I'm sure you've seen bounds of their games. I guarantee that if Michigan State played against Arizona State, ASU would romp them. USC, UCLA, and Oregon are all better than ND.

ND lost to a 3 win team. They lost a gimme game, and you're going to tell me they are better than Oregon? They barely handle a terrible Stanford team. When only 3 of your 9 wins come against winning teams, and 2 of those teams are Navy and BYU, you aren't really that good.

Also, regarding your little break down of USC/ND, and USC/Oregon, you wanna use the logic that Fresno State ALMOST beat USC, but Oregon stomped FSU? Probably not. You sound like everyone else on ESPN, well except Lou Holz, at least you mentioned some facts.

Sadly, that's what influences who goes to the bowls. ND is completely overrated, and it's just because of that reason that you stated. I will agree with you on this 1 point you made. If they go, it's all about the money. They aren't the better team.

Look at the BCS Top 20 as of right now. Of all those teams, who did Oregon play? Only USC. That's it and they got CRUSHED! They didn't even play UCLA and all those other Pac-10 teams, Arizona, Arizona St., Stanford, Washington, Washington St. and Stanford are no where to be found. The Pac-10 blows.

Look at the Sagarin ratings and his strength of schedule rankings. ND is 20 and Oregon is 31. Just the facts.

You mention ND barely beating Stanford. The bottom line is they won. Oregon barely beat Washington St. Who cares right? They won. Washington St. is awful.

ND vs Ohio St. in Fiesta. :p:

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

I only brought that up because of one of the crazier statements I've ever seen was made by you. Here it is as a reminder, this is what you said.

"If you anyone on here saw the Oregon USC game, they would back me up on this. Oregon was not the better team, but you can't look at the score line only. Oregon would have probably lost by about 10 points or so, if it wasn't for terrible calls by the refs. At the time it made me angry,but I had no idea that people would use the score against us."

Then I just shot back with all those numbers in black and white to prove how off the wall your comment was. If there's any way to lose and gain respect, ND did that against USC. Oregon just got dominated in every facet of the game. Wow, if this didn't happen and that didn't happen Oregon would've only got beaten by 10. :lmao2: Numbers don't lie, just the facts. Go look at the breakdown of Oregon/USC and ND/USC again.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
The West Coast Bias is insane. The only team that gets any respect is USC, but I have little reason to believe the Pac 10 isn't going to get ****ed over this year. Again, the top 3 Pac 10 teams are undefeated in non conference play.

USC is the only team that deserves respect. Just think if USC was still mediocre, the pac-10 would be an embarrassment.

WOW! The top 3 teams in the Pac-10 are undefeated in non-conference play. I guess that proves it. They're good. On second thought, lets take a closer look at their non-conference schedules.

USC shouldn't even count, they're in another league. They played Hawaii, Arkansas, ND and Fresno St. Two cupcakes in there, Hawaii and Arkansas.

UCLA played San Diego St., Rice and a down Oklahoma team. Are you kidding me? That's is weak. San Diego St. and Rice? :lmao2:

And the great Oregon team played Houston, Montana and
Fresno St. You've got to be joking in using this in your argument. Houston and Montana? :lmao2:These non-conference schedules are a joke. Stop now, while you have a chance to save face.

And don't come back with who ND played, you brought up the idiotic point that the top 3 teams in the Pac-10 were undefeated in non-conference play. I just wanted to point out that they played NOBODY(except ND). Hawaii, Arkansas, San Diego St., Rice, Houston and Montana is a joke. Wow, the Pac-10 takes on all the college football powerhouses, huh? :lmao2:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:

I wouldn't have a problem with ND going to a BCS game(even though they don't deserve it)if they shared the money with the other independents just like conference teams have to share their money.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Actually, I'm saying obtain the game tapes. Watch Oregon USC. It's alot closer than the score line said. And when you get 2 big TD's called back, that affects your score line.

Wazu was the backup QB's 1st start ever, and it was on the road. At least I'm going into this argument having seen both ND and Oreogn play. I doubt you've seen 1 game.

I came to terms with the fact that our chances of going to the Fiesta Bowl were done pretty much the second Stanford's D stepped on teh field for ND's last drive.

I still don't think ND is any better than Oregon. And my oppinon isn't going to change, regardless of how many statistics you bring into it.

I would bag on your conference, but ND doesn't play in one, so I could just bag on how ****ty they have been. The best argument I have against the BCS, just look at the year Miami KILLED Nebraska in the national title game. Colorado beats Nebraska, but tehy still don't get a shot at it either, and Oregon destroyed Colorado. So don't just go blowing off the Pac-10.

If you use the close loss to say how good ND is, then I can just as easily use how they barely beat Stanford.

The biggest difference between Oregon and ND, Oregon has 1 loss, ND has 2. And guess what, Oregon didn't lose to some puff 3-8 team. Justify how ND should be considered one of the top teams if they can't beat Michigan St.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Actually, I'm saying obtain the game tapes. Watch Oregon USC. It's alot closer than the score line said. And when you get 2 big TD's called back, that affects your score line.

Stop it, please. Oregon got crushed. Quit whining about 2 TD's being called back. There must have been a reason. Get over it. It's laughable to me that you kep bringing up a game that Oregon got totally dominated in. I'm serious. I could bring up a half dozen plays in the ND-USC game that could have changed the outcome. I won't though. The better team won, USC. I've accepted it.

Billy Bullocks said:
Wazu was the backup QB's 1st start ever, and it was on the road. At least I'm going into this argument having seen both ND and Oreogn play. I doubt you've seen 1 game.

I've seen a few games this year. How could I forget those HORRID jersey's.

Billy Bullocks said:
I came to terms with the fact that our chances of going to the Fiesta Bowl were done pretty much the second Stanford's D stepped on teh field for ND's last drive.

I still don't think ND is any better than Oregon. And my oppinon isn't going to change, regardless of how many statistics you bring into it.

Did you come to terms with it? I hope so, because you'll be very disappointed if you didn't. ND in Fiesta. Oregon in the Weed Whacker Bowl or something. :lmao2:

Billy Bullocks said:
I would bag on your conference, but ND doesn't play in one, so I could just bag on how ****ty they have been.

????????? You make NO sense.

Billy Bullocks said:
The best argument I have against the BCS, just look at the year Miami KILLED Nebraska in the national title game. Colorado beats Nebraska, but tehy still don't get a shot at it either, and Oregon destroyed Colorado. So don't just go blowing off the Pac-10.

If you use the close loss to say how good ND is, then I can just as easily use how they barely beat Stanford.

The Pac-10 stinks. I keep giving you stats and numbers and you just ignore them and come back with well, absolutely nothing. What teams in the BCS Top 20 have Oregon defeated? I'm waiting. You got hammered by USC, didn't even play UCLA and played a bunch of other cupcakes. Give it up dude.

Billy Bullocks said:
The biggest difference between Oregon and ND, Oregon has 1 loss, ND has 2. And guess what, Oregon didn't lose to some puff 3-8 team. Justify how ND should be considered one of the top teams if they can't beat Michigan St.

The biggest difference between ND and Oregon is that nobody gives a darn about Oregon. Really, nobody cares if they go to a BCS Bowl game or the little, minor Bowl they WILL be playing in. Obviously, the computers think ND's schedule is tougher than Oregon's, but you have no reply. You stated that ND's schedule is weak, what's that make Oregon's? Oregon schedule's Houston and Montana? Are you serious?

ND in Fiesta! Deal with it!

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
The biggest difference between ND and Oregon is that nobody gives a darn about Oregon. Really, nobody cares if they go to a BCS Bowl game or the little, minor Bowl they WILL be playing in. Obviously, the computers think ND's schedule is tougher than Oregon's, but you have no reply. You stated that ND's schedule is weak, what's that make Oregon's? Oregon schedule's Houston and Montana? Are you serious?

Actually, the Computer's have Oregon ranked higher than Notre Dame.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

BCS is determined by the computers, while the others are by the voters.

I wouldn't nessecarily say ND or Oregon really had a harder schedule, both didn't have the most difficult road out there. The biggest difference, OREGON DIDN NOT LOSE TO A 3 WIN TEAM.

I'll give ND the fact that they are essentially a 9-1 team, because SC is so damn good. I won't hold that loss agains them. But I wouldn't go so far as using that as your only evidence as to ND being good.

My case is that Oregon is as good, if not better than ND. Regardless of who cares about them. If you read my original post, it has nothing to do with national recognition, just who's better.

Hey Glenn, how bout you give me a good excuse for that Michigan State game.

In a perfect world, there's a playoff system. In a near perfect world, Oregon plays Ohio State. Realistaclly, which I was never arguing, I think ND might just get in on reputation.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
I'll give ND the fact that they are essentially a 9-1 team, because SC is so damn good. I won't hold that loss agains them. But I wouldn't go so far as using that as your only evidence as to ND being good.

Hey Glenn, how bout you give me a good excuse for that Michigan State game.

In a perfect world, there's a playoff system. In a near perfect world, Oregon plays Ohio State. Realistaclly, which I was never arguing, I think ND might just get in on reputation.

How many times have you watched ND? It's just not the USC game. They've pretty muched dominated every team on their schedule.

As for the Michigan St. game, Michigan St. has had ND's number the past 5 years or so and always play them tough. Michigan St. took a big lead and ND stormed back to tie and send to OT. Michigan St. was playing much better back then. At or near the end of October, they were 4-0 and ranked #11 in the AP polls. Their offense was averaging about 50 points a game. Their QB was getting Heisman hype and NFL talk. Then they lost a heartbreaker in OT to Michigan and their season went downhill fast. If ND played them at the end of the season it wouldn't even be close. They didn't and MSU beat them.

Are you still holding out hope that Oregon has a chance for a BCS bid and will go to the Fiesta Bowl? I hope your not, it's not going to happen. Fair or unfair, it's not going to happen. If you are you'll be disappointed, just trying to help.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Glenn Carano said:
Everybody cares about ND, everybody.
And its this flawed philosphy why the worse team is getting a chance to go.
Oregon has pulled in more ratings this year. I don't care about ND, I care about seeing the best teams play in the bowls.