Original Zoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Can some of you old timers give us some history of the board. Personally. I’ve been here since 07. Left from The Ranch because a member stalked me and actually found me then followed me around town one day LOL. He had a family member who was a local media member who was part of that place that hated me, go figure. Anyways, once I came over here I never went back there or any other Cowboys forum.

IMO CZ is not only the best Cowboys board, but the best Pro Team Fan board on the internet.

With that being said, can some of you old timers give this old timer some history of CZ. Maybe include a few HOF zoners, or worst of all time guys. Longest thread ever, Most discussed ever, most controversial ever that was allowed to stay a while?

What was the best time to be a member? How about worst? I don’t believe the internet was around the last time the Boys one anything worth talking about , so in this thread “moral victory’s and accomplishments” will be fine...

Finally, let’s pay tribute to some of our buddies who have passed on but had good times here..CBZ40 is where the list beings today.
Heard there were many heavyweight digital fights around here arguing who's better between Carter, Hutchinson, Stoerner, Wright, Leaf, Henson....i dont believe it

stuckindc

Reaction score
This is my first year on here..I was on Dallas247 ..that was ok. This is awesome...I liked when espn had the different divisions you could post in. The NFC East was awesome as each team had a bunch of fans that would post and some of the arguments/ conversations were epic. There was a guy named Weechdog that was classic....bunch of good back and forth.. Of course , it got shut down...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Joined in 2005, but I would come in and jus read in 2004. Been through a lot of debates over the years. This year I finally realized that I was arguing over bs. This entire thing is Jerry’s toy, and he decides what to do with it and who gets to play with them, so why argue over it?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I've been here since the beginning. There was another forum that was more free for all and it split into this and the other active one(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it or mention it) .

That other board is active with members that were part of the original forum. That origional forum started around 1998-99 when internet forums were just getting started.
Big debate back then was Moss vs Ellis.

When Parcells was hired, we had bunch of Jets/Parcells fans here posting. They weren't really Cowboys fans but more of Parcells fan.
Big debate then was Carter vs Hutchinson vs Henson vs Romo

Good times lol

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm an OG from The Ranch who used to hate the cowboys-forum site because I thought the place was too uptight. Yet now I think the moderators here are a pretty fair group haha.

The Ranch slowly deteriorated, and this forum became the more enjoyable place to post with more quality threads and posters.

My memory is super fuzzy, but Hostile, boozeman, and dale were the main posters I remember from the cowboys-forum days. There was one other really funny poster whose name escapes me as well.
Man, brought back some memories with those names! I even still remember their avatars from cowboys-forum haha. Are they here on CZ now??

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Huge Hostile fan here. I know speaking of him is taboo around here but, when I think back to the "good ol days", I harken back to those classic Hostile reads. Hope he's well wherever he is.
Why's it taboo?

cowboygo

Reaction score
I've been a long-time lurker, even through my dad's account since around 2006. Definitely enjoyed draft time. Excited to see the dynamic of a true coaching search.

I also enjoyed a Tampa Bay Bucs poster that would write up obnoxious previews for cowboys-bucs matchups, including ridiculous box scores. Those were hilarious.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can some of you old timers give us some history of the board. Personally. I’ve been here since 07. Left from The Ranch because a member stalked me and actually found me then followed me around town one day LOL. He had a family member who was a local media member who was part of that place that hated me, go figure. Anyways, once I came over here I never went back there or any other Cowboys forum.

IMO CZ is not only the best Cowboys board, but the best Pro Team Fan board on the internet.

With that being said, can some of you old timers give this old timer some history of CZ. Maybe include a few HOF zoners, or worst of all time guys. Longest thread ever, Most discussed ever, most controversial ever that was allowed to stay a while?

What was the best time to be a member? How about worst? I don’t believe the internet was around the last time the Boys one anything worth talking about , so in this thread “moral victory’s and accomplishments” will be fine...

Finally, let’s pay tribute to some of our buddies who have passed on but had good times here..CBZ40 is where the list beings today.
Sniff, sniff.....off to the members zone!

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
the Original here. Old board closed, we all came here... This board it tightly moderated but that is OK by me. We used to argue about Clint Stoerner and Quincy Carter. I even think the poster ABCowboy "all 'bout Carter" loved that guy.

Looks like JBell and I came over on April 22 of 2004.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I recall argueing over Stoerner and Carter lol..wow. We were clamoring for Clint lol..Carter had much talent but derailed his career. Clint was JAG.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
the Original here. Old board closed, we all came here... This board it tightly moderated but that is OK by me. We used to argue about Clint Stoerner and Quincy Carter. I even think the poster ABCowboy "all 'bout Carter" loved that guy.

Looks like JBell and I came over on April 22 of 2004.

ABQ was not "All bout Carter". It was not "Anybody but Quincy", ABQ is short for Albuquerque. For the record, I didn't think Carter was a very good QB. I didn't hate the guy, I just didn't think he was very good.

Kaiser

Reaction score
LOL, I only asked because Deebs used to have a Cartman avatar and had a similar posting style to you. There are some FWST castoffs here like myself and a few others. I think KJJ was on FWST, CowboyRoy. That forum was crazy. LOL

Nahh, I just think Cartman is the appropriate image for an Internet forum where people yell at each other.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The board was a lot better before the "like" feature was added, tbh.

Not being snarky but a serious question, why do you think that? I know the "like" feature is a big thing in the now social media society we live in. It's a very interesting aspect on how it affects how people use and view things. I personally don't mind as pretty much every message board has this now. But some boards go further and have a "dislike" button. And they post your stats in terms of amounts of likes and dislikes you have gotten in total. That would definitely be interesting on here haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.