Original Zoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not being snarky but a serious question, why do you think that? I know the "like" feature is a big thing in the now social media society we live in. It's a very interesting aspect on how it affects how people use and view things. I personally don't mind as pretty much every message board has this now. But some boards go further and have a "dislike" button. And they post your stats in terms of amounts of likes and dislikes you have gotten in total. That would definitely be interesting on here haha.
B/c there is a population of posters that just post to get likes, and the overall conversation takes a hit b/c of it. The quality of convo here is...considerably worse than it was a long time ago.

But the "likes" thing is also as much of a timeline thing. There a bunch of good, knowledgeable posters on other boards (or at least, last I knew) who all used to be here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
B/c there is a population of posters that just post to get likes, and the overall conversation takes a hit b/c of it. The quality of convo here is...considerably worse than it was a long time ago.

But the "likes" thing is also as much of a timeline thing. There a bunch of good, knowledgeable posters on other boards (or at least, last I knew) who all used to be here.
Who cares about the other posters and their delusional attempts to get likes? Just take em for what they are. Challenged.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Howdy :)

I used to frequent the Ranch but that place went down hill long before Fish ruined it even more. Some of my very first Cowboy memories were floaty and his troll trade ideas 15 years ago. I think on scout my name was wastedfluid(sheesh, I was young)... i've always had a Jason Witten avatar until I found a new passion in hating Jason Garrett.
No idea you are wasted. I was on the ranch with same username for a long time from about 2001 but I just got real fed up of it, a couple guys in particular just ruined it. Been here for a good deal of time. Love the draft zone. That's my favorite time of year.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I found this place, but I think I was here from the start. Started as Rocketman, referring to Rocket Ismail. When they switched from the old site I had to change to my name and chose Mr Cowboy. If I remember correctly. Dale and Hostile were the first administrators of the site. I remember going to training camp practices when they trained in San Antonio, and rushing here to post my reports and pictures.

I still see many of the old timers at another site.

Good times.
Yeah I read over there from time to time, it's been a while though...life gets in the way sometimes.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I go way back to the beginning. So many memories coming back with the names being mentioned.
I remember the GROZ (Get Rid of Zimmer) movement. I remember reading interesting discussions with RobPettisDad (the guy was actually the dad of the offensive lineman Rob Pettiti). He provided good information for awhile but I'm sure grew weary of people ripping on his son.
Of course I have to mention Good Morning, Pops. RIP.
Didn't we get Pops a paver at the stadium?

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
Heard there were many heavyweight digital fights around here arguing who's better between Carter, Hutchinson, Stoerner, Wright, Leaf, Henson....i dont believe it
STS here...where is my boy Cowboyroy...#airport

Last edited:

lockster

Reaction score
I've been around since the beginning, came here when the other board shut down or split up or whatever. I don't remember why it happened, maybe a feud or something? Anyone remember Boozeman? I didn't always agree with Hostile but he was a knowledgable and loyal Cowboy, and always kept things interesting. EMBRACE THE HATE!
The board started because of the DMN posting rules got too strict, and censorship. Really surprised, any boards survive this day and age of PC. Too many posters getting in trouble and kicked or suspended.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Reading through this thread makes me feel old. :laugh:

Been here since the beginning. I've seen it all.

Someone should make a movie about this place.
Screenplay on the way.
I took several liberties with characters.

You look like Conan, by the by.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I started on the "true blue " forum, I think they sold the site to cowboys.com official site, was there for about 3 years then came here .

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Everybody’s join dates were reset in 2004. The board is much older than that, though. I’ve been told how much older, but I don’t remember.
Ahhhhh..... that's what happened.

Could of swore I lost a year some way or another.

Zman5

Reaction score
I still remember, before we became CZ, the figureheads were Nors, boozeman, etc. Was a lot different back then. I was in college when I joined the board - single, broke, and not getting lucky with women.

Now I have a son graduating high school, a daughter getting her driver's license, not getting lucky with my woman and a mortgage I can't afford. Life comes at you pretty fast but some things never change.

I still see boozeman post at the other forum but whatever happened to Nors. That guy had some whacky posts back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.