Orlando Scandrick *Merge*

Ken

Reaction score
TheSport78;2058168 said:
Ok so drafting this CB means we're releasing Roy after June 1st, moving A. Henry to FS and Hamlin to SS, right?

I think this is a definite possiblity.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Ken;2058180 said:

I sure hope so because I don't believe Henry has the speed to play CB at this point in his career. Didn't Henry lead the league in INT's his rookie year at FS?

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Sounds like a good pick!

On another note, barring an additional incident, there is no way that Pacman doesnt play this year.

dallas2G

Reaction score
I think Jerry's being cautious... just in case he's not able to re-sign TNew. It makes more sense financially to draft and develop corners, rather then signing them as free agents.

Ken

Reaction score
TheSport78;2058184 said:
I sure hope so because I don't believe Henry has the speed to play CB at this point in his career. Didn't Henry lead the league in INT's his rookie year at FS?

Yeah, he did, but he was also leading the league last year too before he got hurt....:D

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Mayock said that some scouts have told him that this kid is a second round talent but that he needs work technique wise

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
rbr651;2058148 said:
The question is, are any of these guys able to play safety?

Yeah, ANTHONY HENRY!

My guess is that we are moving Henry to F.S. and Hamlin to S.S. with Newman and either Pacman or Jenkins starting at C.B. with whoever losing out as our 3rd C.B. and Scandrick will be our 4th corner!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TheSport78;2058168 said:
Ok so drafting this CB means we're releasing Roy after June 1st, moving A. Henry to FS and Hamlin to SS, right?

I doubt it.

Ken;2058180 said:

I wouldn't count on this. Henry is injury prone and not a big tackler type. He has some size and speed but that's not enough to be a safety. I guess it is possible.

As a general comment not directed at anyone, we are not going to release RW this year. No one would want him IMO; at least in trade. We may sit him a lot more just like we did at the end of last year. But a trade involving RW is about an impossibility.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tayloner182;2058140 said:
Yes! I played against him when he attended Los Alamitos High School! Great pick!

lol, well if he was good in high school....

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;2058184 said:

No, he never played F.S. in the NFL, he played it in college some, he led the NFL as a nickle corner his rookie year!

I'm

superpunk

Reaction score
PosterChild;2058199 said:
Stewart just said no way Henry is moved to safety. That's over.

Some of us have been saying that for a long time. It should have been over before it began.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2058186 said:
Sounds like a good pick!

On another note, barring an additional incident, there is no way that Pacman doesnt play this year.

Lifetimeboyzfan...allow me to introduce you to Rodger Goodell...

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;2058184 said:

No, he never played F.S. in the NFL, he played it in college some, he led the NFL as a nickle corner his rookie year!

I'm PRAYING we can work out something for a W.R., either trade or June 1st cut or something!

OUR MISSING LINK rigt now is W.R.!
I would trade our 1st and 3rd next year (late picks anyway) plus the extra 4th we picked up plus Roy Williams for W.R. Roy Williams, and we'd be superbowl bound no doubt!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Ok players I'de like to see Dallas draft in the 6th round...

Frank Okam, DT Texas
Peyton Hillis, FB Arkansas
Vince Hall, ILB Virginia Tech
Jonathan Goff ILB, Vanderbilt
Marcus Monk WR, Arkansas
Erik Ainge QB, Tennessee

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2058207 said:
Some of us have been saying that for a long time. It should have been over before it began.

lol, really

someone on NFLN mentions the possibility, and people again run w/ it

igtmfo

Reaction score
Scandrick greatly improved his draft stock with blazing 40 time
Chadd Cripe
Apr 23, 2008 (The Idaho Statesman - McClatchy-Tribune Information

Former Boise State cornerback Orlando Scandrick has been making quite a bit of money the past four months for a guy without a job.

Scandrick's agent expects him to land in the second or third round of the NFL Draft this weekend -- a major upgrade over the fourth- or fifth-round grade he was given by the committee that advises juniors who are considering leaving college early.

And in the NFL, rounds mean money.

"He should be proud of himself," said David Canter, Scandrick's Miramar, Fla.-based agent. "He has worked hard. He's a great young man."

Five teams have brought him in for visits, Scandrick said -- the Ravens, Buccaneers, Steelers, Chiefs and Chargers. The Browns visited him in California.

The first two rounds of the draft are Saturday. The last five are Sunday. Canter expects to hear Scandrick's name late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

"It's going to be a good day," Scandrick said, "whether it's the 26th or the 27th. I may shock a couple people and silence a couple critics."

Scandrick started for the Broncos for three years, including as a true freshman in 2005. He declared for the draft in January -- a decision that wasn't popular here.

He is part of a well-stocked class at cornerback that includes six juniors who left school early. ESPN.com doesn't list Scandrick among the top eight corners in the draft.

"This is a very deep corner draft," Canter said. "There are a lot of corners that are bunched together."

Scandrick (5-foot-11, 196 pounds) has helped separate himself with strong performances leading up to the draft. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.32 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine -- the fourth-fastest time of any prospect -- and showed good agility and leaping ability.

That athleticism landed him on more teams' radars.

His interviews, Canter said, made him a valuable commodity.

"He has tremendous football intelligence," Canter said. "Teams told me that when he went up on the board and broke down game tape with them -- a couple teams went for 30 minutes plus -- he didn't waver once."

Boise State defensive backs coach Marcel Yates, who recruited and coached Scandrick and still keeps in touch with him, said he isn't surprised that NFL teams like what they see.

"As far as the physical part of it, he is definitely ready," Yates said. " He wants to prove people wrong, but at the same time I don't think it's a far-fetched thing (for him to be highly drafted).

"The only question mark I always heard or had was the mental part of it -- if he's ready for it. Just being a grown man who can get out there and guard the (Terrell) Owenses and the Randy Mosses and the Chad Johnsons of the league."

That question mark stems in part from Scandrick's inconsistent play during his first two seasons at Boise State. He was much better as a junior -- he racked up seven pass breakups, four forced turnovers and four blocked kicks -- and seems to have blossomed through draft prep.

"He seems a lot more mature," Yates said.

Scandrick will spend this weekend tracking the draft from his home in Los Angeles, with family and Canter at his side.

Scandrick has expectations, but he's not saying what they are. However, he has drawn confidence from his team visits -- opportunities to meet with the coaches and general managers who will decide his fate.

"They get to know you a little better before they give you a million dollars," he said. " They wouldn't have you there just to waste a visit."

Ratmatt

Reaction score
TheSport78;2058168 said:
you can't release roy!The cap hit is too large.