Orlando Scandrick

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Anybody else with me that he should be starting now? It's just unreal how good this guy is.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Yes.. I told people that he would be better than Jenkins this season and people thought i was crazy.

Mansta54

Reaction score
theogt;2449099 said:
Anybody else with me that he should be starting now? It's just unreal how good this guy is.

Yep!!!! I agree with you. We have to get AH off the field. He can't cover WR's anymore but he can handle the TE's. I really hate seeing AH on the field, especially on 3rd downs. Dude scares me!!!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2449099 said:

I think he's better than Henry, but I still think Mike Jenkins is a little better than Scandrick. Scandrick is the better tackler, but Jenkins is better in coverage and looks a little more instinctive to me. Once Scandrick improves his awareness and starts attacking the ball, he can be really good though. The one play that comes to mind yesterday was that ball thrown to the flat area that he broke up, it looked like he could have tried to undercut it and pick the thing (which would have likely been an easy td with his speed) but he settled for the breakup.

We found a real steal there with him though. With him, T-New an Jenkins we are really set at CB for a long time. Even Ball looks pretty decent. I am not mentioning the other guy because we never know on a week to week basis if he will be on the roster or not.

On another note, the ball that Newman intercepted yesterday, was Henry playing safety on that play? Anyone notice where he was lined up? He was back there on the WR with Newman is why I am wondering. Safety is where Henry really belongs right now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2449115 said:
I think he's better than Henry, but I still think Mike Jenkins is a little better than Scandrick. Scandrick is the better tackler, but Jenkins is better in coverage and looks a little more instinctive to me. Once Scandrick improves his awareness and starts attacking the ball, he can be really good though. The one play that comes to mind yesterday was that ball thrown to the flat area that he broke up, it looked like he could have tried to undercut it and pick the thing (which would have likely been an easy td with his speed) but he settled for the breakup.
Eh....I'm of the opinion that Scandrick is quite a bit better right now in coverage. Jenkins may develop, but he still looks incredibly raw. Scandrick, however, looks like a seasoned vet at CB.

Mansta54

Reaction score
dbair1967;2449115 said:

We found a real steal there with him though. With him, T-New an Jenkins we are really set at CB for a long time. Even Ball looks pretty decent. I am not mentioning the other guy because we never know on a week to week basis if he will be on the roster or not.

On another note, the ball that Newman intercepted yesterday, was Henry playing safety on that play? Anyone notice where he was lined up? He was back there on the WR with Newman is why I am wondering. Safety is where Henry really belongs right now.

I'd even take Ball over AH at this point....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2449116 said:
Eh....I'm of the opinion that Scandrick is quite a bit better right now in coverage. Jenkins may develop, but he still looks incredibly raw. Scandrick, however, looks like a seasoned vet at CB.

Scandrick is probably still better in the zones as well, though as everyone noted when we took him, Jenkins had about zero experience playing zone or even off man coverage at S Fla.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henry will likely remain the starter for the remainder of this year. However the 2009 season opener will probably have Scandrick and TNew as the starting CB's.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I think that Scandrick has been a huge addition for us.

i would not start him opposite newman though, and here's why:

i think he needs to remain our slot corner b/c he is TERRIFIC at that and it let's Newman stay outside which is awesome b/c when Newman took the slot we had no one who could cover the outside guys.

i agree that Henry needs to be replaced in the starting lineup, and assuming he stays with us the rest of this year i think we'll see Newman and Pac starting at some point with Scandrick in the slot and Henry in the 4 receiver sets (although i'd rather see Jenkins there).

now the other reason i don't pencil Scandrick starting on the outside just yet is we have not seen a lot of that from him b/c he mostly mans the slot. so at this point i say Jenkins is better on the outside, but time will tell.

i will just say that i am happy we have this problem and this discussion, b/c it's been a long time

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say it (because I have a man crush on Jenkins), Scandrick is definitely playing lights out!

I just feel like every time there is a long ball or a huge gain, Henry is the one covering.

Not sayin' Jenkins is bad, I mean some of you can admit for a rookie cornerback he is solid for what is expected, but Scandrick... it just bottles the mind.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;2449116 said:

Agreed. Jenkins has potential, but Scandrick is the better player right now.

MrMom

Reaction score
theogt;2449116 said:

:hammer:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
187beatdown;2449201 said:
Not sayin' Jenkins is bad, I mean some of you can admit for a rookie cornerback he is solid for what is expected, but Scandrick... it just bottles the mind.

Pickled brains? :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2449115 said:

The offseason will be pretty interesting concerning if Henry and Roy Williams (SS) are both retained, which I'm betting one or both (not likely, but possible) will be released.

utrunner07

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2449154 said:
Pacman > Scandrick....... x 5

No, you are so unbelievably wrong. Im not sure you've watched a single game this season.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Mansta54;2449118 said:
I'd even take Ball over AH at this point....

I thought Ball played a heck of a game yesterday...and yes Scandrick is definately a player.

TNew
PacMan
Jenkins
Scandrick
Henry
Ball

It's insane how much better the secondary is talent-wise over last year.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Now if only Jerry can overhaul the safety position as he did the CB and RB last year. How about drafting a FS and SS next year..

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2449299 said:
Now if only Jerry can overhaul the safety position as he did the CB and RB last year. How about drafting a FS and SS next year..

Yup...a Free Safety at the very least.