Orlando Scandrick

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Real1st;2449105 said:
Yes.. I told people that he would be better than Jenkins this season and people thought i was crazy.

Don't pat yourself too hard. You weren't the only one. What's best is both rookies are playing well and contributing.

FiveTime

Reaction score
dbair1967;2449115 said:
I think he's better than Henry, but I still think Mike Jenkins is a little better than Scandrick. Scandrick is the better tackler, but Jenkins is better in coverage and looks a little more instinctive to me. Once Scandrick improves his awareness and starts attacking the ball, he can be really good though. The one play that comes to mind yesterday was that ball thrown to the flat area that he broke up, it looked like he could have tried to undercut it and pick the thing (which would have likely been an easy td with his speed) but he settled for the breakup.

We found a real steal there with him though. With him, T-New an Jenkins we are really set at CB for a long time. Even Ball looks pretty decent. I am not mentioning the other guy because we never know on a week to week basis if he will be on the roster or not.

On another note, the ball that Newman intercepted yesterday, was Henry playing safety on that play? Anyone notice where he was lined up? He was back there on the WR with Newman is why I am wondering. Safety is where Henry really belongs right now.

I could not agree more.

Just rewatching the game now. AH was at corner on that play. I think Ball might have been at Safety. There was a slot receiver on AH's side that cut across to the right...so AH was left to drift to the rear.

links18

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2449288 said:
I thought Ball played a heck of a game yesterday...and yes Scandrick is definately a player.

TNew
PacMan
Jenkins
Scandrick
Henry
Ball

It's insane how much better the secondary is talent-wise over last year.

And equally insane that injuries and suspensions have forced us to have to rely on everyone of those corners at some point this year. We have really needed the depth :mad:

Reaction score
utrunner07;2449254 said:
No, you are so unbelievably wrong. Im not sure you've watched a single game this season.

I have watched them all... Some twice? Are you questioning my fandom??!?!?! :rolleyes:

Scandrick is a shoulder seperation waiting to happen. Until he gets bigger, he is lucky to be on the field with men, not boys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
utrunner07;2449254 said:
No, you are so unbelievably wrong. Im not sure you've watched a single game this season.

There's no doubting that Pacman is a better player then Scandrick. It's not as extreme has mcwhatshisname made it out to be, but he is better.

Crad|e

Reaction score
Henry needs moved or benched. Scandrick is by far the 2nd best cb on this team and deserves the spot. His coverage is amazing and he tackles way better than henry. Jenkins will come around but we need scandrick in the lineup every down.

As far as whose better between Jenkins and Scandrick.. I think Scandrick. Jenkins doesnt cover quite as good. Jenkins might play nickel cb next year but i just dont see how we dont start Scandrick. This kid is looking to be the next newman. We've got so much depth at cb now with pacman back that we really cant afford to let henry keep hurting us.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Crad|e;2449374 said:
Henry needs moved or benched. Scandrick is by far the 2nd best cb on this team and deserves the spot. His coverage is amazing and he tackles way better than henry. Jenkins will come around but we need scandrick in the lineup every down.

As far as whose better between Jenkins and Scandrick.. I think Scandrick. Jenkins doesnt cover quite as good. Jenkins might play nickel cb next year but i just dont see how we dont start Scandrick. This kid is looking to be the next newman. We've got so much depth at cb now with pacman back that we really cant afford to let henry keep hurting us.

No, he isn't. Even if you aren't counting Pacman Jones as being a part of the team (yet), Scandrick still isn't "By far" the 2nd best CB on the team.

He's better then everyone but Newman and Pacman, but he's not "By far" better.

Crad|e

Reaction score
Pacman is too rusty he looks lost in coverage sometimes. He may shake off the rust and be a solid starter someday but he doesnt look like a top 10 pick at all this year. At this point in time i would easily take scandrick over pacman to start.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I don't care about the debate between who is playing better- Scandrick or Jenkins. I think they are both good at different things, both of which is benefitting us. I'm happy that we picked what appears to be two good corners out of this draft.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Crad|e;2449388 said:
Pacman is too rusty he looks lost in coverage sometimes. He may shake off the rust and be a solid starter someday but he doesnt look like a top 10 pick at all this year. At this point in time i would easily take scandrick over pacman to start.

Pacman being rusty is the only thing making this a "Debate", but he was still better then Scandrick. Hell, Pacman was our best DB during the games he played in, but that's mostly cuz Newman was playing hurt.

Crown Royal;2449402 said:
I don't care about the debate between who is playing better- Scandrick or Jenkins. I think they are both good at different things, both of which is benefitting us. I'm happy that we picked what appears to be two good corners out of this draft.

Agreed. I like what I'm seeing from both of them. Jenkins has his strong points. I just think Scandrick looks more knowledgeable and prepared out there.

Macnalty

Reaction score
theogt;2449099 said:
Anybody else with me that he should be starting now? It's just unreal how good this guy is.
Do you think he is better than your man in San Diego (Cason)? He has the Desean Jackson sense of humility. Hopefully that big thing on his shoulder keeps him humble, lets leave the verdict for a couple of seasons. I agree this is how the good ones start, give this soup some time to cook and just be happy the ingredients are all in perfect order. Time and pressure will reveal the truth.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Macnalty;2449433 said:
Do you think he is better than your man in San Diego (Cason)? He has the Desean Jackson sense of humility. Hopefully that big thing on his shoulder keeps him humble, lets leave the verdict for a couple of seasons. I agree this is how the good ones start, give this soup some time to cook and just be happy the ingredients are all in perfect order. Time and pressure will reveal the truth.
Not sure how Cason is playing this year -- haven't seen many Chargers games.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
He's find where he is for now. It's not like he's only seeing 5-10 snaps a game. He's perfectly positioned and he's getting a lot of valuable game time experience without getting thrown in over his head. This way he continues to make plays and gain confidence.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Looks like his stats are similar to Orlando's and I noticed how far the San Diego pass defense has fallen. Keen observation will note how they are employing the cowboys buffer theory of pass coverage developed by Wade and Mr Stewart.
http://************/the-ogt-cason

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2449302 said:
Yup...a Free Safety at the very least.

We need a Safety, period. Hamlin does well as FS now but really he would be more of a SS. We need someone similar to Hamlin that can be interchangable, that way the"FS" and "SS" on the field is simply a naming convention difference and not a difference in athleticism or ability.

Corner position looks GREAT. Just got to keep all these guys on the team for years to come. Time for Henry to take a seat though.

Mansta54

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2449715 said:
Pacman across from Newman with Scandrick in as the nickel is beastly.

Agreed!!! And play tight man to man all game long which will allow us to blitz the hell out of teams.... I like it!!!!!!;)

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
187beatdown;2449201 said:
As much as it pains me to say it (because I have a man crush on Jenkins), Scandrick is definitely playing lights out!

I just feel like every time there is a long ball or a huge gain, Henry is the one covering.

Not sayin' Jenkins is bad, I mean some of you can admit for a rookie cornerback he is solid for what is expected, but Scandrick... it just bottles the mind.
Scandrick is a very good player. He has shown a lot more potential then Jenkins for sure.

newlander

Reaction score
If the rest of the league can wiff on TOm Brady, they can wiff on a kid like this. The thing I notice is, he's RIGHT ON WR's at all times, even when they catch the ball. Rarely out of position and rarely blows a coverage: June Jones was right:We really lucked out: but I'm still up in the air on Jenkins, time will tell.