Orton is ready!

Bevo

Reaction score
We just can't afford any stupid turnovers from Orton.....we can't expect him go 20-20 with 400 Yards and 4 TD's. We can't put Orton in a position where he has to come back from a 14-0 deficit which will probably happen. A loss to Philly sucks no matter if we lose by 4 or 40, we just need to win.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Check out this video on YouTube:

some of his finest work

Were going to find out....how "rusty" he is......

I say get the ball to DEZ. To Murray, to twill. To witten.....on high percentage plays and let them win it.

You kyle Orton, dont take the team on your shoulders......let those guys win it.......

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I expect Orton will do more deep bomb throwing to Dez, so hopefully it will work out for us.

Maybe this will get the team to rally!

It will be nice to finally see Dez and company not have to stop and wait for a deep pass but actually be led with the ball....

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
If Dallas gets down 10-0, we cant have the offensive playcalling going predominantly pass. If Orton drops back 40+ times, it might get ugly. Gotta stick to the run and must win time of possession.

One other thing. And again I stress I am not a kool aid drinker. Whatever the sport, when a team loses its best player, the very next game it seems like the other players dig a little deeper and raise their game. Would I rather have Romo out there? Of course. But for one game, I am not calling this a loss with Kyle Orton. If we happen to win, I'd say the next game would be a likely loss. If this team pulls together, everyone gets emotionally involved and they all concentrate on raising their game in Romo's absence, AND the coaches put together and stick with a game plan that focuses on controlling the clock...I think we have a shot.

How deep did we dig in 2008 after Romo went down against the St Louis Rams, one of the worst teams in the NFL at the time?

I see what you're saying but those are teams that are mentally sound/tough. Cowboys are not one of them.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Check out this video on YouTube:

some of his finest work

Cool. 8 years ago. He was benched for Tebow at his last stop. 58% completion percentage. 9 TD and 9INT that year. Romo would be run out of town with those numbers.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I cannot argue with this. Nicely said and a very good point.

I still hear what you are trying to say and think there is a slight chance we do raise our level of play.

What if we somehow win? I feel like this board would crash

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kyle Orton is not terrible.

His arm strength is average (so good enough) and although he is slow, he moves around well enough to survive short term in the pocket.

He's a high 50s completion percentage guy, and although he throws more picks than Romo, he's not an interception machine or anything.

Dallas could do much worse as far as backups go.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Love your optimism but we are done.

I said 20% chance due to home field, but yes, it may be worse even than that.
But in a 1-2 game scenario, anything can happen.

Reactions: Coy

dupree89

Reaction score
Love your optimism but we are done.

lol. I think you are certainly in the majority. I tried to make my case for not throwing in the towel...And I will add one more. Minus Romo, I think the pressure to win this game shifts from Dallas to Philly. I am usually agreeing with those that think disaster is looming. For some reason, I dont feel that way. I dont think we can win a playoff game w/o Romo....but I am not calling this game an automatic Eagles win.

Coy

Reaction score
I said 20% chance due to home field, but yes, it may be worse even than that.
But in a 1-2 game scenario, anything can happen.

Haha I was talking to the OP but I agree with your statement.

Coy

Reaction score
lol. I think you are certainly in the majority. I tried to make my case for not throwing in the towel...And I will add one more. Minus Romo, I think the pressure to win this game shifts from Dallas to Philly. I am usually agreeing with those that think disaster is looming. For some reason, I dont feel that way. I dont think we can win a playoff game w/o Romo....but I am not calling this game an automatic Eagles win.

I hope you are right but I think that all of us will see just how important Romo is for this team, I've said all along that this is a 3 or 4 win team without him but hey, any given sunday.

dupree89

Reaction score
I hope you are right but I think that all of us will see just how important Romo is for this team, I've said all along that this is a 3 or 4 win team without him but hey, any given sunday.

this is a game where we clearly cant have WRs dropping a ball. And we cant have a sure INT bounce off the chest of a DB and fall incomplete. We might need a defensive or special teams score too. And we certainly cannot afford any turnovers. I know its a lot that needs to happen, but I feel way better about this game than I did the Saints game, for example.

wileedog

Reaction score
If Orton wins a win-or-go-home game, what's this place going to look like Monday?

While this place will be annoying, it will be completely worth it if the Eagles lose the division to Kyle flippin' Orton.

Not sure its worth another season of Garrett, but I think Romo's injury probably makes that likely anyway.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I actually might not be that pessimistic, because Orton had to be one of the better backup QBs in the game at one time. But my concern is that he looked pretty awful in preseason IIRC... Like he was getting older, or just finally getting so rusty from not playing that it was affecting him.

But hey, the Vikes just blew them out without their starting QB or their MVP type RB (and his backup).