***Osama Bin Laden Is Dead...US Forces Have His Body***

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3941907 said:
Because that is how they do things in the middle east. If those pics were released it would not be for the benifet of the American people but for those in the Middle East much like how the Press showed Saddam and his 2 sons after they were dead. To often we try to put an American view on things like this and yet our 2 cultures are very different.

Parading photos isn't the only way to dowse questions. I personally don't want to see any and would have been quite satisfied with not throwing him overboard immediately and instead allowing other people in positions of authority to verify this news and create something of a consensus. There would be very little room for doubt had that been the case.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
vta;3941951 said:
Parading photos isn't the only way to dowse questions. I personally don't want to see any and would have been quite satisfied with not throwing him overboard immediately and instead allowing other people in positions of authority to verify this news and create something of a consensus. There would be very little room for doubt had that been the case.

I don't care to see them either but as I said it would not be for our benifet. I do think your right about waiting and having people of authority verify.

Many here in the US do not trust our Government in the Middle East that feeling is 10 fold which is why many want to see for their own eyes and unwilling to believe the US or there own leaders.

nathanlt

Reaction score
America should not release the photos as concrete proof of Bin Laden's death. Doubters are doubters.

America should release the photos for two reasons.

#1 Give a sense of closure for those who do believe Bin Laden is dead.

#2 Demonstrate that America does not walk on eggshells after killing the most radical terrorist in the world.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Osama Bin Laden's Facebook status update. :D

http://i177.***BLOCKED***/albums/w236/starkist_2007/222855_1946403669763_1532671467_2108111_5341172_n.jpg

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dude. There's a massive OBL thread and this was posted days ago.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
theogt;3943342 said:
Was it as good for you the second time as it was the first? :D

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
theogt;3943342 said:

Can't blame him for not seeing it. There's like 300 posts in the Obama thread.

It did make me laugh quite a bit though haha.

Edit: Osama.. not Obama.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3943353 said:
Can't blame him for not seeing it. There's like 300 posts in the Obama thread.

It did make me laugh quite a bit though haha.

Edit: Osama.. not Obama.
I know. But to miss the thread itself entirely?

His thread was merged into this one, by the way.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
I believe everyone should be mandated to serve at least 2 years in the Armed Services. If you haven't, then no one's going to care about what you think and rightfully so. A lot of people have no idea how blessed they are to be an American. All they do is whine about the government between video games. Get your ***** out there and give a little back. Then you have a right to raise questions. Until then, throw in the Madden game munch on some fat pills and ****.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Except that the people who do sign up do so under the guise of the American freedoms.

Also get off my lawn

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3943423 said:
Any aviation buffs like me intrigued by the "stealth"-esque chopper that was used by the SEALs?

From what I've read, many are speculating that it was an upgraded version of the Blackhawk.

http://verticalmag.com/control/news/templates/?a=16834

What do you think?

Very cool. Too bad it went down as speculation has it that the Chinese are already reverse engineering what they've been given by the Pakistanis.