Osweiller traded to Browns! **merged**

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I live near Cleveland as well as Buffalo and Crapsburgh. It's about time these Browns fans get to feel like they've won something because they obviously haven't been winning on the field. And I apologize, but I disagree that their current roster lacks talent. Duke Johnson is a younger Darren Sproles. Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas. One of the best oline men even at his age. Joe Hayden may not be a shutdown corner but he'd be our #1 CB if brought in now. Gary Barnidge is a solid TE. Corey Coleman is someone that I'd LOVE to have in here as our #2 WR. Carl Nassib and Emmanuel Ogbah are two guys that you can build a D around. In summary, these guys aren't really that far off. And I'm not even including Josh Gordon, Prior and their #2 pick this year.

Yeah.. They got some pieces.

The QB play is a joke though.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Yeah.. They got some pieces.

The QB play is a joke though.

100% agree with that. If they can bring someone in, say it's Romo, I really think that they can make some noise in their division and get close to a wild card spot. Heck, I'm rooting for them for one reason, and one reason only, to be competitive enough to have a shot at shutting up all of Crapsburgh's fans... twice a year!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The guy isn't a starting quarterback..

They don't plan to keep him, all they did was agree to absorb his contract in exchange for a 2nd round pick. They have like a gazillion dollars in cap space so that contract doesn't mean anything to them.

This is the first trade of this type I can think of in the NFL, basically one team sells cap space to another in exchange for draft picks. You see this often in the NBA, but this is the first time it has been used in the NFL as far as I know.

Houston basically gave a 2nd round pick to Cleveland to take on Brock's contract, now the Browns can just release him and they walk away with a free 2nd round pick. Pretty sweet move by Cleveland.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I live near Cleveland as well as Buffalo and Crapsburgh. It's about time these Browns fans get to feel like they've won something because they obviously haven't been winning on the field. And I apologize, but I disagree that their current roster lacks talent. Duke Johnson is a younger Darren Sproles. Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas. One of the best oline men even at his age. Joe Hayden may not be a shutdown corner but he'd be our #1 CB if brought in now. Gary Barnidge is a solid TE. Corey Coleman is someone that I'd LOVE to have in here as our #2 WR. Carl Nassib and Emmanuel Ogbah are two guys that you can build a D around. In summary, these guys aren't really that far off. And I'm not even including Josh Gordon, Prior and their #2 pick this year.

CLE is making some fantastic moves,

OT -- is there really a town called Crapsburgh, or is that Pitt? Lol

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Texans QBs:

Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden.

With these two, you don't just trade your starter and pray your potential new guy is released and not traded.

Agreed.............this changes things now

No way if I am Jerry do I just release Romo now, I know we probably told Romo we were going to release him but new information has become available. No way in hell is the Texans going to roll into the season with Savage, Weeden, and a rookie. We need to force a pick out of them, I don't care if it is just a 4th rounder, get something for Romo.

I would take that 4th rounder they just got from Cleveland..........I know its the compensatory 4th, but its a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Now watch Jerry still release Romo just to make him happy

The front office would have to be beyond stupid to do something like that............we got some leverage now to force a pick

I also get on the phone and call up Denver and tell Elway he better get off his arse and make an offer or he can roll with Siemen and Lynch for another year, how did that work out?

visionary

Reaction score
The front office would have to be beyond stupid to do something like that............we got some leverage now to force a pick

I also get on the phone and call up Denver and tell Elway he better get off his arse and make an offer or he can roll with Siemen and Lynch for another year, how did that work out?

Oh yeah? Well they'll show you

visionary

Reaction score

"Beyond stupid"?
Now you're talking Jerrys language

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
so clevelands eatsva contract for a 2nd round pick.

now lets trade clevelad for osweiler n a 4th for romo. :)

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Not to brag (although it hasn't officially happened yet) but I always thought Romo to Houston made the most sense. I said so like in November.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wait, I heard everyone on here say no way could Houston handle the cap hit of moving Osweiller.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Okay, I got here late, but I can't see why this Romo-to-Houston deal just can't get done for a fifth round pick and a conditional 2018 choice.

A few hours ago the Texans had $16 million tied up in Osweiler. Why not take a chance on Romo' health instead?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Looks like the Browns are loading up to go for Garopollo

Cant even imagine the Pats adding a high 1st and maybe 1-2 2nds
:banghead:

BobGriffin3

Reaction score
Man what a brilliant win/win trade for both teams. I suspect this opens up Romo to the Texans.