Osweiller traded to Browns! **merged**

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
well no one thought to add in the illegal purchase of a draft pick.

Not illegal. The pick wasn't sold for money. A player was in the trade; they acquired a pick for taking on a contract. Different than selling a pick straight for cash.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not illegal. The pick wasn't sold for money. A player was in the trade; they acquired a pick for taking on a contract. Different than selling a pick straight for cash.

yea.

right.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
CLE is making some fantastic moves,

OT -- is there really a town called Crapsburgh, or is that Pitt? Lol

Lol...You would be correct my man. Can't stand that team, the city or their fans. Oh, and my wife is from there! For real, she LIED to me for the 4 years we were dating and told me she was a 'boys fan. She knew the way to my heart. As soon as I said 'I do', she showed me, and the entire church, the Crapsburgh garter she was wearing. It's been a downhill ride ever since!!!!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Lol...You would be correct my man. Can't stand that team, the city or their fans. Oh, and my wife is from there! For real, she LIED to me for the 4 years we were dating and told me she was a 'boys fan. She knew the way to my heart. As soon as I said 'I do', she showed me, and the entire church, the Crapsburgh garter she was wearing. It's been a downhill ride ever since!!!!

Either she really loves you or the hate is strong in her. Good luck man!

waldoputty

Reaction score

that is right.
and they were smart enough to make it a 2018 2nd round pick so they cannot compare with the 2017 4th round pick going back.
clever and they may get away with it.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gotta give Jerry and the boys some street cred for not dumping.....and staying in the Romo sweepstakes. Let the games begin.;)

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Unreal. CLE is LOADING up on picks. Gotta wonder how Brock feels knowing they were happier to get the pick. Dude may not even make the Browns roster.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Uhhh You get a pick to take on his contract.... Am I missing the part that is not buying the pick?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
that is right.
and they were smart enough to make it a 2018 2nd round pick so they cannot compare with the 2017 4th round pick going back.
clever and they may get away with it.
oh they likely did enough to get away with it. good for them.

but let's not pretend it wasn't buying a draft pick.

Sydla

Reaction score
Browns are certainly going to have the ammo in the next two drafts to build a legit team:

2017 - 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6
2018 - 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7

Wonder if we can flip them someone for one of their 5th rounders this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unreal. CLE is LOADING up on picks. Gotta wonder how Brock feels knowing they were happier to get the pick. Dude may not even make the Browns roster.
They had 14 picks last year. It doesn't matter how many picks you have if you can pick good players.

2016 Cleveland Browns Draft
Round Selection Player Position College
1 15 Corey Coleman WR Baylor
2 32 Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State
3 65 Carl Nassib DE Penn State
76 Shon Coleman T Auburn
93 Cody Kessler QB USC
4 99 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin
114 Ricardo Louis WR Auburn
129 Derrick Kindred FS TCU
138 Seth DeValve TE Princeton
5 154 Jordan Payton WR UCLA
168 Spencer Drango T Baylor
172 Rashard Higgins WR Colorado State
173 Trey Caldwell CB Louisiana–Monroe
7 250 Scooby Wright III ILB Arizona

Not only will Brock not make the team, he will be either traded or cut very quickly. The Browns have already said they have no intention in him sticking around any longer than he has too.

Sydla

Reaction score
They had 14 picks last year. It doesn't matter how many picks you have if you can pick good players.

2016 Cleveland Browns Draft
Round Selection Player Position College
1 15 Corey Coleman WR Baylor
2 32 Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State
3 65 Carl Nassib DE Penn State
76 Shon Coleman T Auburn
93 Cody Kessler QB USC
4 99 Joe Schobert OLB Wisconsin
114 Ricardo Louis WR Auburn
129 Derrick Kindred FS TCU
138 Seth DeValve TE Princeton
5 154 Jordan Payton WR UCLA
168 Spencer Drango T Baylor
172 Rashard Higgins WR Colorado State
173 Trey Caldwell CB Louisiana–Monroe
7 250 Scooby Wright III ILB Arizona

Not only will Brock not make the team, he will be either traded or cut very quickly. The Browns have already said they have no intention in him sticking around any longer than he has too.

Coleman looks like a decent player. Same with Ogbah and Nassib. Schobert got some starts too.